360 - Engine vibration | FerrariChat

360 Engine vibration

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, May 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Been getting this weird engine vibration noise in the cabin, it's a very low tone usually during start up and sometimes at idle when warming up. Car is completely stock.

Just changed the engine mounts and still happening. Shop says the transmission mounts are good. Any other advice?

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If its like the 430 you might have something loose in the outlet of the tail pipes, might need a couple spots of weld. Also loose or broken exhaust brackets

550nitis likes this.
  3. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    How long have you had your car? the 360 engine idles pretty rough when its all good. Surprisingly.

4. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    I had this problem on the F430 recently and as the collective wisdom was right, I replaced the engine motor mounts (severely worn) and found that the left exhaust bracket attached to the transmission housing was broken, I rewelded the bracket with some doublers repainted it and no vibration at idle now. Problem solved.

5. IMC

IMC Rookie

May 16, 2016
    I just had my engine and transmission mounts replaced. After they were installed, I noticed the same severe vibration at idle. I took car back to mechanic to check it out. It turns out the vender he ordered the mounts from sent mounts for the F430 (way stiffer). We received the correct 360 mounts and installed them. Now the car is back to a smooth idle. Perhaps double check the part number for your new engine mounts.