New bronco and the NORA 1000 baja race | FerrariChat

New bronco and the NORA 1000 baja race

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by technom3, May 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Pretty impressive a stock bronco with only safety equipment added finished only 15 minutes behind glickenhaus and the purpose built "boot"

Crazy.

Thecadster and Davesvt2000 like this.
  2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Link?

3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    This means NOTHING. :rolleyes: Really, there is so much more to these endurance races. I believe (not 100%) that SCG team were rookies and spent 2+(?) hrs on repair. sooo..... just sayin' :)
    That being said, I'm a fan of the new Bronco. Like the C8 vette, 'bang for buck' winner. :D

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The SCG team finished where it finished.

The bronco finished where it finished.

Yes the boot is faster... But over 1000 miles in this case... Just barely and for a fraction of the cost.

The bronco didn't break. The SCG did. That's important too. That's more than half the challenge of the race. That's the point of an endurance race.

The bronco picked up alot of time... Again stock with stamped controls arms and all... On the scg while it was getting repaired...

That's racing.

Boomhauer likes this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    wow. thanks for that insight. :rolleyes: the more you know :)

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Come on buddy. Your free to post more.

You post for SCG. You refer to SCG as "us"

So you "thinking" they had rookies driving it and spent 2 hours in repair isn't thought. You know the deal or have access to the information and are willfully posting this as a way to discredit.

That's ok.

Instead of saying... Ya... We had a rough race. Win some lose some... At least we finished and finished ahead.

So a stock bronco did finish about 15 minutes BEHIND the boot.

7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    only a fan as they are setting up in state (Danbury CT Airport) and have seen them a few times at 'local' shows. Don't know when I've ever used 'us'. No 'us' or 'we'. No affiliation/contacts whatsoever.
    Any info/pics I post are from their public Facebook or Insta accts.
    As I said, fan of SCG Boot and new Bronco. The Boot is a LOT faster and LOT more money. Road legal, purpose built, desert racer. Tortoise and hare situation. Slow and steady almost won the race. :)
    p.s. - I don't know you, I'm not your 'buddy'. You'll have to look elsewhere I guess. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login vs Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ohh great here we go with the taking the buddy comment to seriously... Lol.

Also calling the boot road legal is a bit of a stretch but to give props they are crash testing it and are on their way to becoming road legal without using loop holes for which I very very much applaud.

Here is the we
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    This :D is NOT serious. :rolleyes: . Guess I should have used :p.

I know they are crash testing 004, don't know if they ever did any crash testing on the Boot. I don't believe so. But you can go buy one at Manhattan Motors and drive it home.

"Here is the we" (or 'us') - that post is 100% copied from James Glickenhaus Facebook. (I think I added "SCG - State of the State" cuz that's what it seemed like) Again, ZERO affiliation/contacts whatsoever.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10158919706532348&set=a.381391292347

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Understood.

Well you can see how one would Garner that from your post. If it's not the case... Cool. It's all good.

I watched a video about crash testing and it looks like they had cad drawing to crash the boot etc... So perhaps they haven't yet and will in the future.

The cars are not truly road legal production cars without the crash testing or the appropriate exemptions.

I would imagine they are building the rolling chassis and then having a 3rd party installer install the engine and then obtaining a special construction title from a particular state (likely NY) again... Not talking crap. What they are doing is amazing. But they aren't at this time road legal production cars. Which is totally fine! They are bespoke... Very badass cars. With lots of racing r and d. It's a cool project (s)