Need Carbon Fiber Engine Covers for Pista | FerrariChat

Need Carbon Fiber Engine Covers for Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, May 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    #1 Thecadster, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    The Pista I am acquiring does not have carbon fiber engine covers. I think that is a must have option and so my plan is to retrofit the car with an aftermarket solution. Does anyone have any experience performing that maneuver? A quick GoogleFu revealed a couple options:

https://capristoexhaust.com/product/ferrari-488-gtb-motor-compartment-side-covers/

https://myricambi.com/products/488-series/488-pista/488-pista-enginebay-carbon-fiber-parts/488-pista-and-f8-carbon-fiber-engine-covers-with-heat-protection-detail

Any thoughts on which provider might be preferred? The Capristo comes in a complete package, and the MyRicambi is more al a carte. I would have the dealer perform the install because I am a complete idiot and would screw something up. Plus, I am going to have them install a Capristo valve controller at the same time. I have one of those on my 812 and it works flawlessly. I assume the Pista will similarly benefit from being able to control the valves.

2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I bought the CF engine bay for my F8 from My Ricambi, they look like factory and include the proper OEM stickers. Only downside is you have to transfer your seals and lock cover emblem or purchase new ones for the CF covers. He will also give you a FCA discount.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tickerhound, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback. So, I am going to prove how big an idiot I am, what does “transfer your seals” mean? And which is better, “transferring” or “purchasing new ones”?

4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There are rubber seals that run alongside the tops of the engine bay covers that seal against the body. I transferred my seals, but had to use double sided tape. The best option would be to purchase new ones…

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano

I would recommend MyRicambi as well. Excellent parts and fit in addition to great customer service.

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I looked at the Ricambi ones as I am in the same situation. I believe they have the side panels asking 2,700/offer on eBay with stickers. Believe they make them in Boyton Beach about one hour drive from my house. You might make them an offer for the engine bay lock cover,back trim and two side panels. I just have not got around to it.

Thecadster likes this.
  7. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    You should go with Capristo because I’ve used them on many occasions
    There great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster likes this.
  8. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Ricambi looks like factory parts.

Capristo with huge vents looks like an ugly tuning for Mansory Lambo owners.
    Oh, wait, this is it

Thecadster likes this.
  9. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My vote goes to Ricambi- I put their CF engine bay parts on three cars. OEM look, fit, and finish.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Coincidentally, I spoke to Dennis from Ricambi Friday. Going to pick up at the their Boyton Beach facility the side panels,under screen cover and lock box cover. I am not convinced I need the water tank piece. Any opinions on that piece?

Thecadster likes this.
  11. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Strongly recommend. Much better with it.
    Don’t understand, why factory didn’t make it.
    Ugly plastic piece in the middle of beauty carbon engine. Not even red )).
    I have one on my 488 with full carbon engine, and every time then I see it, I understand it was good decision.

Thecadster and Art138 like this.
  12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thecadster likes this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Absolutely. Let me know. I intend to punch an order ASAP. The car really needs the full engine jewelry.

AD211 likes this.
  15. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have a set of the Ricambi taken off of my previous Pista, if you're interested. The left side clear coat is a little rough that can be finished. I think the heat caused it.

16. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Cadster: I went by the MyRicambi facility in Boynton beach to pickup the CF engine bay pieces for my Pista. The tank cover is on back order. Installed everything in about one hr. On the under shield piece you can request them to instal permanent rivet nuts in lieu of the clips which come the factory (see pic with blue circle). Also I took a pic of the polishing compound they use to get the high gloss. The associate I dealt with was Denis Leborgne at 954 304 7349. These products are made here in the US.

Attached Files:

Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Thanks Art. I appreciate the detailed feedback. The parts look great. I really think the engine carbon fiber covers are a “must have” option. Any difficulty pulling the badge off and applying it to the replacement part?

Personally, I don’t think the tank cover is necessary. That part does not come with the factory carbon option, and I think I am going more for the factory original look.

18. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The badge can be reused. It is an emblem screw mount.

Thecadster likes this.
  19. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Thecadster likes this.
  20. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    They do not come with the weather strip seals and must be added. I had to reuse mine as the dealer was out of stock and would have to source from Italy.

21. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    While at the MyRicambi place,I was advised that after a drive, good to leave the engine lid open until it cools off. Has been a pro forma practice for me in all my mid-engine cars. You might try that buffer paste they use.

Thecadster and tickerhound like this.
  22. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Been doing that, especially on the Speciale and Pista with Lexan hatch

Thecadster likes this.
  23. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Just got the tank CF cover from Ricambi (back ordered for my Pista). Have to say it’s a piece they should have had as as an option from factory. It’s the finishing touch needed to cover the stark bare water tank.

tickerhound, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  24. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    I’ve done it many times
    No big deal if your a little mechanically inclined
    Choose the right place for your covers
    I’m recommending My Rimcambi or Capristo
    When I had to put carbon engine covers on my Pista Spider my Rimcambi didn’t make them
    Got them from Capristo

Art138 likes this.