430 - ball joints help ! | FerrariChat

430 ball joints help !

Discussion in '360/430' started by Felix Yuen, May 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Felix Yuen

Felix Yuen Karting

Sep 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Felix Yuen
    hi,
    been doing some research and it seems that if i don't replace the ball joints right away when it is starting to get loose, i will risk cracking the control arms.
    as some say that the arms are made with race grade but fragile material.
    is that true ?

other than HILLS ENGINEERING stainless steel ball joints.
    are there any other "upgrade" options ?

how are the AW ITALIE stainless steel ball joint kit ? any review or feedbacks ?
    360 430 Complete Suspension Kit - uprated-AW6360000 | AW Italian Auto Parts

some say they are same as the pro sport ball joints upon closer inspection they look different
    Ferrari 360 & F430 Balljoints by Prosport – Aldous Voice

any feedbacks or help would be great !
    what is the general labour cost for replacing all the ball joints
    thanks

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

about cracking of arms, I've been driving with an a-arm with a play-y ball joint for a long time, nothing happens, but i drive gently. I'd say its possible for a crack but its not very likely.
    I've never intalled an aw italie so I dont know their quality.

labor cost is region dependant, where are you?
    each coner has 2 ball joints. so total of 8 ball joints.
    Removing the 8x a-arms would take me, a decent weekend warrior about 4 hours. installing another 5 hours.
    replacing 8x ball joints probably takes about 3-5 hours, a lot more if you run into some sort of a problem. depending on if you have the tools ready.

3. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Did the front lowers on my 360. Balance were all tight, no play.
    Service bulletin provides very specific bore tolerance for the A arms. If oversize, need new A arms as well.
    Used Hill Engineering Ball Joints. OEM spec epoxy.

4. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I just did my ball joints (front only, but upper and lower) this winter. I used Hill Eng. items, as they are just so robust and beautiful it didn't feel right to put anything else on there.
    240000rpm details labor times above, which could be about right, except you need to factor-in the time for the epoxy to cure in your oven. YES, you'll put them in the oven. I don't remember precisely the temperature, I think it's 120df or something like that, which is required to start the catalyzing of the epoxy. (check aldou's voice for more information)