Ferrari California back seat kid friendly? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari California back seat kid friendly?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ferrarinick, Mar 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I certainly didn’t intend to ruffle any feathers by my comment, I was just stating what I have observed. And let’s be very clear, I love the California. I still remember when I first decided I was stable enough, and could afford a Ferrari someone mentioning the California to me. Before that I was fixated on the 360 and 430. Then having rented one I was hooked.

And having driven the 458, the 488 and the 812 the only one I’d like to own is the 812 not the the other cars are bad just my tastes have changed. I’ve ridden in my friends FF and it’s grown on me quite a bit.

And I’m not in the camp of the whole the California is a rebadged maserati either. While the granturismo is an excellent car it’s not a Ferrari where the California is definitely a Ferrari.

as for the back seat in the California, well it looks like a seat, not a very useable seat. Sometimes I wonder if it was just a visual selling point for someone taking a cursory glance, because anyone that actually tries to sit in it will be disappointed. But it’s still a great car, just less great for a family road trip. Nothing like your 2 year old refusing to ride in your Ferrari's back seat preferring moms Yukon. Talk about a real downer.

2. dwag54

dwag54 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Which one is it? I couldn't find any thread opened in the last 10 years on the topic, and I am too looking for 4 years old car seats

3. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
  4. Avi8tor007

Avi8tor007 Rookie

Oct 6, 2020
    I have 4 kids and always have 1 to 3 of them with me. We move passenger seat up and one fits easy in that back seat. I have 14, 11, 9 and 6 year old. I have even had the 9 yr old behind me before. Howwver, that was not to exciting!

5. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    I have 2 boys, 12 and 10 years old, and specifically went with a Cali 30 for the backseat. I am 6'3" and and do myself and both boys easily (both on the passenger side). We've done a couple of drives with my wife too, and it is doable with my youngest son behind me.

I think it all comes down to your driving posture and if you are willing to squeeze a bit. Many owners on here enjoy using all 4 seats.

alex likes this.
  6. Jcm91ca

Jcm91ca Rookie

Jan 16, 2016
  7. Pro Bono

Pro Bono Rookie

Aug 30, 2020
    Congratulations on getting 4 people into a California - but why are you all wearing those weird visors?

alex likes this.
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly. Save those for when you upgrade to the Monza!
    T

russellmcg likes this.
  9. LaPerfectionLouis

Mar 13, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Aurelien
    Hi !
    If your kid is a boy, go for it, he will love it... if she is a daughter it seems she could say "all I seat is the seat".... hahaha my 6yo boy never said something like that and always wants to take the Ferrari for a ride. Never complained, he can also sleep at the back when you drive CONFORT IN auto, the V8 will make him sleep too.
    Go for it Barney !!i

10. 2012blackcalisuccess

May 16, 2021
    Dallas texas
    Full Name:
    Chester Middlebrooks
    I have a ten year old daughter whose fairly tall amd she sits behind me in my cali amd my son is almost 4 and his car seat fits.. its like beautiful shoes with women.. a little discomfort for a great look lol. They love it! You might just have to slide your seat forward a bit

LaPerfectionLouis likes this.
  11. 2012blackcalisuccess

May 16, 2021
    Dallas texas
    Full Name:
    Chester Middlebrooks
    Hey! I used to see them all the time before i got my cali a few weeks ago.. now i cant find one anywhere either except on ebay from china....hmmm weird