Anyone with a pisTa in the Los Angeles area ? | FerrariChat

Anyone with a pisTa in the Los Angeles area ?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jonaohana, May 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonaohana

jonaohana Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jona Ohana
    #1 jonaohana, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Hi all,

I’ve been on the fence for a long time about getting into a Ferrari, I have a good opportunity to buy a pisTa , but after a not so great test drive I’m a little unsure. I have a couple other exotics (Huracan evo, R8 and have an Huracan sto on the way). My issue with it was traction , the thing was all over the place ... im thinking maybe the cup2 were old , I’m not sure , reality is it’s such a well reviewed car I’m sure I’m missing something. The confusing thing is that I’ve driven several F8 and had 0 traction issues whatsoever , you can feel some wheel spin but it’s totally manageable and even fun but this was just like no.

Would anyone be willing to let me drive their pisTa for 1 hour or so that I can get a better feel for the car , (I tried to rent one and all I can find are F8s)

I’d happily pay whom ever is willing , just to go for a drive with me , I’m very responsible and just want to figure out if it’s worth the 420k I’m potentially spending.

Thank you all

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    #2 Art138, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Joking aside,appears this is your first post. I doubt anyone would let you drive one without knowing you. If you are serious contact a vendor as many of us bought without fully testing driving one. Maybe explain in full detail what your specific concern is?

albert328gts, Monteman and Jedi like this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    This should be interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

europa, 360Tom, 54greg and 1 other person like this.
  4. High Sierra

High Sierra Karting

Jul 29, 2007
    AGL
    Full Name:
    Britt
    LOL....Yeah just punch it??

5. jonaohana

jonaohana Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jona Ohana
    You never know about this sort of thing, My thoughts are post on the forum and see what happens , maybe end up with a drive and make a friend or get some good advice. I might book a quick flight this week to the dealer that has the pisTa in question with the stipulation that we have to go on a decent test drive to see if the car hooks the way I would expect it too. Generally speaking , my whole life I’ve always liked the “track” version of any car in question . Like when I got into 911s I thought that they would drive like the current GT3 and that the GT3 would drive like something other worldly. The 911 nowadays are way way to soft, but I get it that’s the clientele and that’s what the gt series are for. Anyway , getting into these cars is a 1 hour deal, getting out is an entirely different story. Im just trying to avoid a disappointment. I absolutely loved the F8 , drove 3 of them , 2 coupes and 1 vert so if I don’t end up liking the pisTa I’ll just order one from my local dealer (they are litterly 2 blocks away from me) Ferrari of westlake village ... I’m friends with the manager. Unfortunately while I’ve driven every demo they have including the Roma , the only pisTas they get are on consignment so I can’t test them. Total bummer bc a test drive with him in the local canyons would give me clarity to make a decision.

If I do get it , I’ll post some pics when I do ...
    Otherwise hope you all enjoy this Memorial Day weekend.

6. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Jona, we are probably neighbors since I am also a couple blocks from Ferrari Westlake.

I drove a Pista for two full days on a track with Corsa Pilota and there is definitely no issue with that car hooking up/traction.

7. MoCult

MoCult Rookie

May 14, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Moe Cult
    The Ferrari Pista is one of the most enjoyable vehicles i've owned, and i've had many cars including all the ones listed in your original post. Im sure anyone with a Pista in here would agree.

8. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Just a thought here. A Pista on cold tires will spin them pretty easily. Mountain roads and a little aggressive driving to put some heat in the tires will work wonders. You can also set the Manetino to whatever traction level makes you comfortable. The Michelins are great tires, far superior to the Pirellis in my opinion but all tires need to be warm to work effectively with 700+ horsepower. Smooth throttle application pays great dividends here. The Pista is one of the most amazing cars I have driven. Have fun!!

9. jonaohana

jonaohana Rookie

May 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jona Ohana
    Hi all,

Just wanted to report back as to what I did in the end.

I ended up going to a Vegas track where they allow you to drive the f8 and pisTa back to back.

I got a great teacher that day whom I thought would tell me to slow down (I have issues)
    But instead pushed me past my limits.
    (To my defense canyons are my jam totally diff than driving on a wide / long track.)

Anyhow I bought a pisTa from Ferrari of westlake a few weeks back from my sales rep who’s also a good friend.

I absolutely love the car , the only thing I can really compare it to in terms of my affection for it is the 765 LT. To be honest , I’ve always known there was magic to Ferraris but this one seriously has a serious dose of magic sauce.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Please ask for Sasha @ Ferrari of westlake, he’s absolutely awesome , and on point . I spent 2 years popping in and out of that showroom so so glad we finally got it done.

I know they are showcasing the 296 tomorrow because Sasha reminded me today … really excited to go see it and place an order.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

IcedAmericano, 360Tom and blkdiablo33 like this.
  10. MoCult

MoCult Rookie

May 14, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Moe Cult
    The Pista is one of my favorite all time vehicles, the driving emotions are no match for any other car I’ve owned. I’m glad to hear you are in love with your car. I have been telling people for over a year now that the 488 pista is a vehicle you’re going to wish you purchased for your collection.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jonaohana likes this.
  11. europa

europa Rookie

Oct 16, 2006
    Ventura County,CA.
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Congratulations! Welcome to the Pista family.
    Beautiful built car and color.
    I love my Pista….I waited a long time to get mine.
    Enjoy,,

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jonaohana likes this.