F12 tdf market price thread | Page 45 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Bummer, not US car.

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    It's funny how the specs are so similar, but I do prefer the painted shields. But for 200KEuros less I will live with the classic ones just fine:D

LVP488 likes this.
  3. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I was at my dealer yesterday and they literally have no used inventory to sell. My sales guy said that even cars with questionable specs were selling at or above ask. So I think the overall market is lifting all values at this economic moment in time. I also think that TDF values will benefit from incremental demand from those with cash on the side that were hoping to get an 812C allocation and didn’t.

4. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Similar in the UK quiete a few sold in the last few weeks and very few available for sale

5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    458 Speciale are being lifted as well, good low mileage exemples either sell on the same day or even before they get officially advertised and there are very few available for sale. We’re starting to see exemples of low mileage Speciale selling for more money than Pistas

ScrappyB, FLU and of2worlds like this.
  6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    There is something incredibly special about a Speciale

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Eilig, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Frankly, I’m quite surprised that Speciales are still cheaper than Pistas. They’re about twice as rare.

8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I’ve seen recently some low mileage speciale sell for more than comparable low mileage pistas those that are cheaper are less desirable spec and/or high mileage. I bet sooner than we think good Speciale coupes will be selling for more than pista spiders despite being less rare.

ScrappyB likes this.
  9. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    The same comment could apply to challenge stradales vs 430 Scuderias , CS are rarer but sell for about the same as the 430 scuderia. I’m slowly starting to think about adding one of those to my garage, still divided about which is the better buy.

10. IlModenese

IlModenese Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    SS
    I think, just given the much smaller quantity of the Speciales produced and the NA nature of the engine, they will outdo the Pistas by a long shot. Just like the tdf vs the 812C/A - 799 vs 1598. After the initial hype and normal price jump, I think you will see tdf prices settle higher than 812C/A. Just my opinion, but just feels like more and more of these "Special"/"Limited" edition Ferrari's are being made and thus loosing that mystic and rarity that they once had.

11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I agree with your opinion. In 5-10 years, both the Pista and 812C will be lumped into the same category as the Speciale/TdF as being ‘classic’ models. At that point, the intrinsic values and rarity of those models will determine market price/collector status - not warranty coverage or being the latest and hottest new model.

IlModenese and Thecadster like this.
  12. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Totally agree with that the Speciale and Tdf imo represent near perfection and the best ferraris of the post Enzo era , from both an engineering / racing heritage and design standpoint having a timeless and classic look. They won’t be repeated and won’t be able to make cars like those anymore. It’s as if Ferrari threw the best of their knowledge into those cars to make the best of each, NA V8 and V12 with strong roots / racing pedigree and elegance from the past

mclaren slr and ScrappyB like this.
  13. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #1116 Eilig, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Speciale scratches a different itch than Pista. Likely will be same w/Tdf and 812C.

Sure Pista faster and probably better track weapon than Speciale. So will likely be the case w/812C vs Tdf, in spite of 812C weighing considerably more than Tdf.

But which is more aesthetically/aurally beautiful/entertaining? To each his own, only you can decide for yourself.

For me it's Speciale/Tdf. There's more to this than performance figures, which are all so good now that, in fact, they're secondary or largely meaningless in said comparisons.

PS - To some of us, last/best cars of LDM era matters. (So does NOT having turbo/GPF)

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    PPS - That Speciale/Tdf exist in smaller quantities than Pista/812C are just cherries on top of already very sweet cakes. But that's a redundant statement, as I already mentioned Speciale/Tdf come from LDM era (i.e. pre-IPO, back when pleasing customers was more important than pleasing shareholders)

15. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I always felt for the same reason the F12 was a bit overlooked and undervalued for what it is. A beautiful timeless car, last PF and perfect balance of beauty and design in a GT car. It is the perfect front engine V12 GT for me. I sold one to buy an 812 but in retrospect I feel the F12 was a more emotional car and I’m convinced it will one day be a classic

635CSI, ScottS, Wheels1 and 5 others like this.
  16. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Totally feel the same and kind of regretted the move to the 812 (minor regret) but have a GTS now and of the three it is hands down my favorite. All are wonderful cars so hard to go wrong.

mclaren slr, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Fiorano75 and gzachary like this.
  19. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione

20. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka

I like yours better …

MDS

plastique999 likes this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Anyone have info on the yellow TDF that was recently auctioned ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione