iPhone 12 drops networks constantly... | FerrariChat

iPhone 12 drops networks constantly...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by NYC Fred, Jun 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    https://9to5mac.com/2020/12/01/iphone-12-dropping-service-unexpectedly/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/iphone-12-dropping-service-how-to-fix/

Dear Abby:

So the wife and I switched to Verizon last month and walked out w 2 new phones...her, iPhone 12 mini; me, Samsung GS 21.

I'm the android holdout here, and have been taking a beating for years as to superiority of apple products... My entire family has joined the Borg...daughters, SIL, grandkids, etc.

I sit on the couch and have 5 bars (cellular)...put a cell strength app on my phone and see -65 db. She has zero zip ungatz nada. Drops calls, loses service, etc. Been an issue since day 1. Apple care, resets, etc etc. NFG.

Seems this is a big issue for Apple w the 12s. Many many posts about call dropping.

Am I evil to gloat?

Signed,
    LOLOLiPhone12

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    He shouldn't be so quick to gloat, my S21 is suddenly dropping after owning for 1 month. So annoying, i was thinking of finally switching to Apple.

I need to read if mine is a new problem.

3. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    He is me.
    Hmm. Same phone 1 mo, no issues...except when VZ reset our network settings in a vain attempt to resolve my wife's 12 mini issues.

I'm OK w the S21. Some of the stuff on it actually works this time...ie, pocket sensor, fingerprint ID. Totally useless on my GS8. Wanted to wait for the new Pixel 5 but...

Alcav5 likes this.
  4. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Dear I miss my Service:

Apple 12 were born to work in the utopia known as 5G. In that world.....everyone has lightning fast service except for those using Android phones. Unfortunately, a minor bug has arisen .......(probably an Alphabet virus)......that causes the Iphone 12 to get lost between the LTE and 5G network. As a result....the phone can't decide what network it is on and defaults to none. Your GS12 (which sounds like it belongs to the Borg 7 of 9) happily stays on the LTE network.

In seriousness we had the same problem behavior before as radio tech has advanced. It is up to the device to select the network....not the other way around. Apple will patch it shortly and all the Apple users will breath easier knowing that their Apple 12 has caught up again with the GS21.

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Many of the articles I've read point exactly to that...a needed software patch.

Please tell my wife.
    As Sr. Tech Support, anything mechanical or digital not functioning properly is:

1. My fault
    2. My problem.

You married?

6. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Twice.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. I tried to avoid this by having a different phone from the wife. She could blue screen a rock! We had Android, so I switched to Apple. Rookie mistake. Apparently, it was my job to remain up to date on all Android advances so as to fulfill my marital vow to love, honor and provide 24 hr tech support!

T

8. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I've only used Google phones since 2013 with the Nexus 5 and now on the Pixel line...wouldn't do it any other way. No garbage pre-installed apps that Samsung, LG, etc other Android phones come with (especially the China brand ones that monitor your stuff, but Google of course does too). That Nexus 5 lasted 5.5 years no problem with original battery...

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    My wife had a Google/Nexus phone before she switched to Apple. She dropped it on the concrete a week or so after she got it, and cracked the screen! :rolleyes:
    We got it and she just never gelled with that phone, for whatever reason...T

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.