Magnetic vs stickers | FerrariChat

Magnetic vs stickers

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fastaone, Feb 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastaone

fastaone Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Peter F
    Hi all, I was wondering what s the size to use on fender shields for a 308,
    2" or 4" and would you use Resin coated shield , magnetically backed or stickers
    Regards
    Peter

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hey, you should call Stepahane Pedaggi at Scale Details, he has a good selection of Scuderia fender shields.

[email protected]

Hope that helps.

3. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I purchased a pair from Ferrari UK for my 328, they were about $6 the pair. They are about 4 inches and good quality thick plastic. I stuck them onto magnetic backing so that I can take them off or on easily. I would not stick anything onto the paintwork of my car. The magnet idea works great.

4. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    Hi,

I would recommend the 4" shields. 2" is much too small. (Although I do sell both.)

As for magnetic vs resin vs metal etc., I'm a bit biased as I sell the magnetic 3D resin shields. If you are putting them on a Ferrari (and not something that will be left often in a parking lot) here's what I see as pros & cons for each.

Metal(sold by Paul B.)
    PRO Look beautiful. Real jewelry I would say.
    PRO Solidly in place with adhesive
    CON Must be put on with adhesive
    CON Takes time to get positioning correct
    CON More expensive at $225

Magnetic 3D
    PRO Genuine Ferrari brand merchandise
    PRO No tape. Easy to take on and off. No worries when you position them
    PRO Resin 3D version does not look like sticker
    PRO Won't lose points in concourse
    PRO Inexpensive
    CON Don't work on aluminum cars (360, 550, 465)
    CON Can be stolen if left alone and someone realizes they are magnetic
    CON Not quite as pretty as metal

If you like the shield look, have time to position them just right, don't enter concourses, and want to spend the additional money, then I would say the metal ones are great. (I'd like to try them as well!) Otherwise I would encourage you to give mine a try.

You can check them out on my website at:
    www.maranelloauto.com
    (old site www.cimbridge-software.com/ferrari.htm)
    You can also call me at +1 650-520-4822.

Mention Ferrarichat and I'll include a free Scuderia sticker for your toolbox as well.

Thanks for considering.....

5. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I would buy the inexpensive magnetic shields first to see how you like them on your car, then if you do, invest (commit) to the more permanent type (which will look more original).

6. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    I think that adding fake racing badges to a car that never came with them makes it look rather "riced out" ... if that is the term they still use today...
    But that is just my lame opinion.

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Have to agree with Dave.

The factory fitted shields are recessed into the wings (fenders) and look simply awesome. Also enamelled metal (by the look of them). The plastic/resin ones that I've seen are too washed out colour wise, non-recessed metal ones would stick out too much.

My next Ferrari will have factory shields, even if it means waiting for a specific car to come up.