Demount backseat 412, looking for amplifier | FerrariChat

Demount backseat 412, looking for amplifier

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Siem, May 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Siem

Siem Rookie

May 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Siem de Jong
    My Becker radio gives only sound from the rear left speaker.
    I checked the radio outs and the are okay.
    I suspect there is an ampliefier somewhere in the car and presumably under the backseat?
    I have the car since only 2 months and I would like to have advise how to demount the backseat.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    regards, Siem

2. Siem

Siem Rookie

May 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Siem de Jong
    I found the amplifier in the trunk so now I am able to fix the radio.
    Still I would like to know how to demount the backseats, for you never know why.
    Anybody?

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Ok. Going from memory but these are the basics, my car 365gt4 so it’s probably the same as yours.

First remove the bottom seat cushions. Each one held in the front by two bolts or nuts. You can either feel for them or look for them with a dental mirror. There isn’t a lot of room between them and the carpet. Once the bolts/nuts are removed just carefully lift up the front part of the cushion and pull it to the front of the car. They should come out fairly easily.

Once seat cushions are out remove center armrest. I believe 4 screws. They are easy to see once the seat cushions are removed.

After arm rest is out look along the bottom of the seat back. There are a combination of screws and or bolts along the bottom of the seat back remove those, and if I remember correctly you’ll have to remove the seat belts also. When everything is out of the way you have to lift the seat back straight up. On the top of the seat back there are vertical steel tabs that fit into notches in the car body.

When you get all of those parts out it is an excellent time to do a full leatherique treatment on not only the parts you removed but also the side panels. There are parts of the leather you can’t treat if everything is put together. Also there is a lot more room to maneuver with the rear seat pieces removed.

4. Siem

Siem Rookie

May 31, 2021
    Full Name:
    Siem de Jong
    Thank you very much Ak Jim.