430 - Spider top down percentages | FerrariChat

430 Spider top down percentages

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430Bill, Jun 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430Bill

F430Bill Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I estimate that my F430 spider is in top down mode 99% of the time.

What about yours?

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Well I have a coupe, but my windows are down 99% of the time. Does that count?

F430Bill likes this.
  3. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Mine is down even when in the garage.....I’m sure that’s going to cause me problems at some point.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't believe leaving the top down does anything worse than leaving it up. I think the most important thing is to operate the mechanism frequently, like at least once a month, to keep the hydraulics in good shape.

Down:
    Top canvas protected from dirt and UV.
    Elastic bands are for the most part relaxed.
    Most of the rams are retracted (I believe).

Up:
    The window is unfolded.

If you see a crease in your window plastic, the worst has already been done. I leave my top in the down position and have for the last two years and it works perfectly.

I only put my top up when I park outside the garage. So I'm in the 99% down camp.

5. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    360 top down 100% unless wifey cold

armedferret likes this.
  6. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    100% down when driving 100% up when in garage

7. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    I enjoy it both ways. It's insanely awesome when down, but very cozy when up, so I'd say I'm 50/50

8. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    exactly my program!

430tdf likes this.
  9. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    My 360 has the top up in the garage 100% of the time with the windows down (car is inside of the CarCapsule 'bubble'). Is keeping the top up a legit approach to avoiding creases in the top? Are there any other pro's/con's to this?

I drive with the top down nearly all of the time, even when it's cold (which in my Nashville climate isn't cold...esp since the heater is sufficient here). My wife is a champ and loves the top down, and will dress accordingly.

10. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    I drive with top down 99% of the time - pretty much only have it up if it is freezing and I am taking the car for service or if I get caught in the rain, which has happened a couple of times over the years.

In the garage I often leave the top down but do try to close it at least monthly to exercise the mechanism and stretch the materials.

11. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Top up most of the time, which is in the air conditioned garage. Cooler times of the year the top goes down but rarely mid-day. We live in Florida where the daytime heat and sun is a killer much of the time except at night. We also put the top up when we park if the car will be out of sight. Leaving the top down and crumpled up in the well is not great for the window or the look of the fabric, and even when only down for a while leaves bad creases that over time cause the need for replacement. Leave the top up unless enjoying it at that exact moment for the health of the top, if you care.

colorfull likes this.
  12. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    When I’m driving, top is down nearly all the time. When it’s in my garage it’s stored with the top up. I average 5k miles per season from March through November per year, and the top gets exercised regularly as a result!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

cole328 likes this.