F355 Market | Page 248 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    High school in the 90's? Now I understand. Testosterone deficiency is driving the market. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Born in 1980. I was in high school during the 90's. I remember I had visited a shop called Sprewell Racing looking for some wheels for my DC2 Integra. Sprewell Racing was owned by former NBA player Latrell Sprewell. They had a yellow manual GTS sitting in the showroom. I remember thinking to myself... "man, I'll never afford one of these." Remember that moment like it was yesterday. Ironically, I never thought about the 355 until I was ready to afford a Ferrari. I was actually on the hunt for a 997.1 GT3RS or an F430.

We were about $5k off on a deal with CNC for a CLEAN white 997 GT3RS. They wanted $105k, I wanted $100k. If I had bought that car, I'd probably be a Porsche guy today. Sort of glad it didn't work out that way :). Only reason I diverted from the F430 is because my buddy said to me, "Get a 355, not an F430." He had an F430... sold it, but still has a 300 mi Rosso Scud and White 355 B. Once I actually started looking into the 355 to see what all the fuss was about and checking out his car, I was all in. Even passed up on a manual F430 for $110k :).

I think for 90's cars with MSRP's less than $200k, the F355 is best in class if not for looks alone. Better than a Supra, Nissan GT-R, and definitely better than an Imprezza 22B :). NSX and RX-7 can tie for second place (pops had an NSX, still have my RX-7). Personally, I don't like sports cars that drive bland, so 90's Porsches aren't for me although I think the 993 Turbo is a good looking 90's car.

OCKlasse, Targatime and tres55 like this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    BTW. 10-12 years ago, a 997.1 GT3RS was roughly $100k, while the F430 was $100-120k. F430 has stayed pretty much the same while the Gt3Rs doubled-up. Inflation doesn't reward all assets. Picking and choosing what will be desirable in the future is a skill... with some luck :).

tres55 likes this.
  4. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Low T Ferrari buyers! SAD.

5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken

7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It's funny...I ended up with the F355 after hunting for a 993 Turbo. I thought...why the hell would you pick the Turbo over the F355 for less money? Even maintenance factored in. I have zero regrets. The 993 Turbo doesn't do much for me anymore...the F355 is something else.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    My story is the same, I'm a porsche guy and I was hunting for a 993 turbo when no word of a lie I saw a YouTube video that loaded up randomly of a 355 screaming with a capristo set up. I always loved the 355 growing up, started looking into them and realized that the value proposition for a 355 at 100k made way more sense than a 993 turbo at 250k cad or a 4S at 120 for that matter.

@ShineKen
    I'll give your challenge a shot.

As far as 90s cars for under 200 back in the day go, I have to say the 3.6 964 is pretty bad ass. People say the 355 wins that beauty contest but there's something there in the overall look of a 3.6. Two completely different cars but I love them both equally.

I would also say the 512TR but not sure that was under 200 back then.

And I always thought the 90s RX7 had very nice lines as well.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Shine Ken probably has the nicest rx7 around. I've wanted one for years.

I've wanted a 355 since I was a kid playing need for speed 2. 300z, Supra on the list as well, but I just went straight to the top and got the 355

ShineKen likes this.
  10. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    Did you pick up some Davins for your Integra? Man, Sprewell was the place to be in the early 2000s. You have a few years on me, I was born in 87. But now, the F355 is going to have increased demand all the way to $500k+. Mark my words :)

ShineKen likes this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Lol. They actually had JDM wheel brands, but they didn’t know how to run a business. Seems they were there for fun or just for image. No surprise Latrell Sprewell went broke. He had a bunch of leechers on his payroll that’s for sure.

12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
  13. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #6189 Ferrarium, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  15. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Never understood that angst. No recent service? Great....you get to call your own as it is done. My preferred approach.

People that ***** about no recent "engine out" service can not afford "engine out" service and have no business bidding.

bcar1 likes this.
  16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that is complete ********, when you are talking an under $150k car, then a $10-20k service is certainly significant to your ask price. if you don't think it is, then you don't understand math, car values, or negotiating.

I agree with you it shouldn't be the deciding factor and there are advantages to having the major done yourself, I just did that. However, an out of date major might be an indicator of the cars care overall. Any major 2+ years has added risk other items will need to be done besides the major.

My informed view is any car needing a major, then figure $10-25k in comparison to a car with a recent major. Not a big deal or deal breaker, but a factor for your ask and negotiating.

Shark01 likes this.
  17. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    The people on BAT freaking out about no recent engine out service are novices with no clue on the car. Ass holes complaiing about a car they will never buy.

As a pilot you and I both know this is a bit like an engine TBO. Is what it is. Buy it at TBO with a low price and do the overhaul...or ***** about the seller trying to pass it off past TBO and cry about it.

WTF? This is a big boy sport.

If they can't afford to play the game, quit bitching about the rules.........

Culprit likes this.
  18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I don't follow the BAT discussion, I think reasonable to ask about last major though. That car is almost exactly like mine except mine a 1999, 13k miles, and just picked up from major yesterday. :) I'm particularly interested where this one sells for.

19. WATSON

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    It will sell below market because of the black magic, OMFG, holy ****, scary **** "engine out service". AND it has been since 2004 since it happened *GASP*! :rolleyes: Who gives a ****? Just do one.....

People are stupid when it comes to these cars. They want a Toyota...and freak out about the maintenance of a Ferrari. None are buyers...just uneducated "experts" on BAT.

Owning an airplane tempers a guys expectations and perspective.

I hope this car sinks like a stone.... I may buy it...and I certainly do not need a second one.

20. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I will sell my 66k mile 95 Gated GTB for $95k Firm. Needs front bumper repaired - minor, but will need paint. Tons of spares. 7/10 cosmetic. Mechanical 9./10. Service due if you want 3 years. Just hit 5. I am a 7-10 guy. Guy drives incredibly well. All head work, exhaust and clutch done. Drivers dream. Shine Ken would have a conniption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  22. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    Color?

23. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nero and tan.....

That was three green tea shots, a buttery nipple, two margaritas and a long week at the office. Not selling. My apologies.

It is the market thread and I am all about the market climbing. I bought exactly what I wanted. Hopefully it goes to the grave with me and that date is a long way out. I want to be that old gray haired, wrinkly guy that still drives a Ferrari to the Nursing home. Will give it to my kids and they can deal with it someday.......

Or you will find it in the Fchat Classifieds next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audi_328, ShineKen and Oz-ATL like this.