Maserati Khamsin | Page 391 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Thank you Joe (Italiancars) and Richard (010)....

Mike

2. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Hi all wise people. I posted a while ago about looking for rear subframe and differential mounting bushes. The guys at McGraths have been looking for me but no joy yet. They’ve tried MIE but nothing. Does anyone have any firmer leads I could pass on. Thanks

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Are these the stainless steel mesh style bushings?

4. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Hi Mark,
    check post 6539 by silvsurf in this thread. I believe this is the company he references
    https://www.schiemenz.com
    Regards
    Paul

5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/maserati/khamsin/bodywork-lighting/frame-42526

The ones pictured in this page of the parts catalog were made by a company that's still around called Vibrashoc. Maybe a call to them and sending an email with a photo might help.
    https://www.vibrachoc.es/product/low-deflection-mounts-low-loads/?lang=en

https://www.google.com/search?q=vibrachoc&sxsrf=ALeKk034WnF9lYLPw60X2Qxi4LoauK7QDg:1623140938368&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi-zrSYz4fxAhXKXc0KHSaNBSYQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=880

Perhaps these folks could help supply parts to rebuild yours?

https://www.directindustry.com/prod/paulstra/product-7438-1027929.html

Don't know about the ones for the differential.

They were utilized on the Bora and the Espada.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  6. series1

series1 Karting

Apr 10, 2007
    Leamington Spa
    Full Name:
    Mark Butler
    Thanks all for the inputs. I’ll follow up on these and see how I get on.

7. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks for posting.

132 was sold new to France, NOT Germany, it went to a Monsieur Parot, the Thepenier notes say Bronze/Havane, in factory wording it would be one type of oro, (Kelso or Longchamps) with senape or cuoio interior.

It was later owned by a truculent Provençal wine producer who fitted a wild horn to tease girls at the traffic light (!) at one stage by Jean Guikas, already repainted red though he removed the horn), then by major French collector BG.
    In 2008 it was auctioned at St Cloud near Paris by the Poulain auction and bought by Michel B. restorer of Grenoble who let me drive it in Lyon that November, fit car, dry tires, slippery when wet, had a bit of an unwanted slide on a damp road. He sold it to a Parisian who was not into events like K40 so it is good to see it for sale and hopefully bought by someone who is into events:)

Here it is at the Paris Salon 1976 (photo kindy supplied by FChat sleuth Giotto) let's hope someone puts it back in original color as opposed to resale red. Second photo track event at Monthlery outside Paris in recent years, not exactly on the correct racing line.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

71Satisfaction likes this.
  9. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    That's the trouble with NOS. Think about it this way; would you choose to drive on 45 year old tires just because they were NOS?
    - Art

staatsof likes this.
  10. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    rga likes this.
  11. 010

010 Karting

May 19, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Agreed.. I thought it was the best way to clear the bend.. lesson learned !

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Very eerie this ad...I never heard of this car or this vendor, even though he is 20 minutes from Modena...did you notice that he made the tires shiny; common in Pebble beach but unheard of in Europe, however he did not pump up the tires which are way below proper pressure obviously for the shoot...very bizarre...reminds me of the chap who somewhere else in Italy keeps asking for 300K plus Euros for a similar blue car...hello?!

13. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    The vendor of #144 apparently also has a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB10rh_nI_5FSC2PBM2OdmQ

The other car that you mention, I think it’s #110?, they lowered the price a bit: https://www.automobile.it/tezze-sul-brenta-maserati-altri-modelli-khamsim-1-proprietario-pari-al-nuovo/158775824
    The car on the photo below is probably the same car, although it doesn’t appear to be dark blue, more medium blue metallic. According to the site where I found it this photo was taken in 2019 in Stuttgart.

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #9764 Nembo1777, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Hello AMLC, the car in your photo is actually 192 (shown below) born automatic and white which was new to Japan, then California then Chicago then Germany never finding an owner for the longest time in great part due to a horrible interior color combination. Finally it was converted to 5 speed, repainted dark blue and retrimmed in tan by a good workshop in northern Italy and has now found a good home I gather.

I note the massive price reduction to Euro 299 K by the seller of K110;-)

I think I can now safely identify these two very old photos below (second and third photos) as being of 110; I found them years ago online. They show Bolzano plates and I was informed 110 was owned in that Alto Adige region by a Martin Unterhuber before Mr Pellizzer the seller of 110 acquired it. The chances of two near identical K's in that area are not very high...

Attached Files:

15. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Do you mean that you think that the car in Stuttgart is #192?
    I thought it was #110 because it has the same licence plate as #110 in the advert.

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    My mistake it is 110 on the Stuttgart photo, I actually have notes from a German enthusiast who saw it there stating it was 110... I need a holiday badly but too much work, hopefully next month...

AMLC likes this.
  17. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    For those interested, the hammer price of 504 was 78000CHF at Bonhams Bonmont this afternoon. Auction fee of 15% plus Swiss VAT puts it at about 96000CHF all in. I suspect it will need a good bit more spending on it to make it nice. Maybe we’ll hear from the new owner on here?

Best to all.
    Mark.

18. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    1982 Maserati Khamsin Coupé
    Chassis no. AM120 504

Sold for € 103,500 inc. premium

19. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    I think this was the result at the auction in 2008

Nembo1777 likes this.
  20. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Sorry. Stand corrected.
    Just instinctively followed abo
    ve link---blame it all on several double scotches!

staatsof, Nembo1777 and AMLC like this.
  21. red27

red27 Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Oliver
    Most definitely 78k Swiss in 2021. I watched the live streaming.
    Best.
    Mark

Nembo1777 likes this.
  22. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
  23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #9773 Nembo1777, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    I was going to attend the auction but was unable to.

It was sold to a friend of mine who is a well known dealer in the south of France and has owned a number of Khamsins such as 132 and 334.
    He confirmed when he called me today that the car was well stored until 2008 after which it was in Kuwait stored in the damp basement of a palace. He will have it prepared for a first start in years (which takes some cautious preparation) within a week. Interior superb, just needs cleaning, paint 99% fine, zero rust,engine bay to clean up. He bought it because of the extremely low miles, for himself because he really appreciates Khamsins after having owned just about everything else.

red27 and bay like this.
  24. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Ok, that’s probably the perfect owner for this car! A very special car I think, because of the low miles, but also because of the chassis number.

And because you say “paint 99% fine” I think the body must be better than what I would have thought. Because of the amount of rust on the engine I thought the body would also have rust damage and body repairs and a complete respray would be necessary.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    It would not have survived much longer without needing paint that is for sure. it is such a waste that it sat unused all ts life but yes now it has an owner who will sort it out and enjoy this time warp.