F8 or STO? | Page 72 | FerrariChat

F8 or STO?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dustman, Nov 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    @dustman try a Superleggera with am aftermarket sports exhaust. I think it might tick all your boxes as a keeper? ;)
    And don't even think of buying a turbocharged car again, you're stirring up emotions here man :)

2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Still "odds on" you get an STO :)

Thecadster and dustman like this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    That is precisely what generates the sensation of blistering speed and excitement. Not only is the 765 objectively massively fast, the elevated ferocity of the sound, the vibrations of the chassis and the intimate connectivity between car and driver all combine to create a driving experience of unparalleled exhilaration.

Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Classifying the sound as " meh" is surprising. Not only is it loud and angry, there are a series of unpredictable pops and bangs that are generated by heavy throttle response and by upshifting and downshifting. Listening to music or carrying on a normal conversation whether on the phone or with a passenger can be tiresome.

Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    There is quite a bit of noise in the cabin, this is true (when the car is pushed hard). I would not say it has anywhere near a symphony however. But you are right, plenty of different noises. Reminds me of the Nissan GTR that had a bunch of mechanical sounds but just not good exhaust sounds.
    No faulting the car though.

6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    What you hear as “noise” is a “symphony” to others.

ScrappyB and Gh21631 like this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agreed.
    And that's why ferrari will still sell every one of the turbo or elec cars and suv's they can make.

8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
  9. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    F8 and STO for me is the perfect duo before 2025 pure electric sports cars( harkens to the slot car days, and re-learning a thing a two)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I attended my dealers STO preview earlier today and wow the STO is quite is stunning in person especially in the matte red. There's so many details that don't show up in pictures like the overall width and the sharp lines.

Also pictures don't do the front bumper and lower spoiler justice because the lower spoiler actually extends out which gives it a more aggressive look and the interior feels special with the carbon door panels and the interior carbon trim. I was told that carbon skin is no longer available or put on hold which sucks for anyone that ordered it because it does look good.

Overall I'm very happy with the STO now I just have to wait until my STO arrives which was suppose to be next month but I might have to wait until Sept. :(

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ash Patel, Boots, Jcmd and 2 others like this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Looks incredible. Any more pics?

12. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    of the whole car ?

13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    #1788 SLDriver, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    BJK, Ash Patel, Gh21631 and 4 others like this.
  14. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I do however record this exhaust clip

ScrappyB, BJK, Shack and 1 other person like this.
  15. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    That thing looks mental. I've never pictured myself driving a Lambo, but man the 15 year old in me is loving that car.

16. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    If u have the Unica app from Lamborghini. It will now tell u that your car is in production. But the image is not your spec. Hurray, now lets get it here.

Shack, wthensler and ScrappyB like this.
  17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Just checked the app and it says my car is also in production. Mine is an October build so not sure how accurate the app is.

Jcmd likes this.
  18. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Received my update and VIN, my car is scheduled for July build. I downloaded the various video clips from the app, I'll convert them and upload them later.

wthensler likes this.
  20. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    did lambo give up on the performante aero system that had flaps open and close depending on downforce, drag, turning, etc? seemed like great idea at time but nothing seems to have come from it.

21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Snake oil if you ask me.

22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Did seem weird at the time but held ring record too. If don't trust that, how can you trust sto?

23. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    Ash Patel likes this.
  24. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    #1800 Jcmd, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Ash Patel and Mortarion like this.