Mark's Cruise Night, E. Granby CT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mark's Cruise Night, E. Granby CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by mulo rampante, Jul 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    I may be plus 2 tonight and may have to take my old mustang with 4 seats but if not I'll bring my 348.

If I bring it I may try to time it to meet up with you guys so we can all park near each other- what time??
    Chris

2. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Chris:

Sounds good. I'll be arriving at the Air Museum (discussion on p. 1 of this thread) around 6 pm. The museum closes then, so it makes a nice assembly point. Last time we did this we were all accounted before 6:30 and then went to the site (about 1/2 mile away) as a group.

I'm hoping to do the same tonight. Look forward to seeing you...
    Charles

3. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Running a little late here... should be 6:15 to 6:30... if you guys gather first and head over there I'll catch up when I arrive. Sorry...

4. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    How did it go? Sorry I missed it. This was the week from hell at work. 75+ hour workweek this week, and 24 hours worked last week (on my week off!) I think I got out of work at around midnight on Monday.

5. mulo rampante

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Eric:

It was me and Chris (carguy70). He brought a nice 348 spider. He's never been to one of our Glastonbury meets but hopes to soon. Good conversation, he's owned quite a few cars you'd find interesting.
    I think attendance was in the high 500's, didn't see any other exotics, though there were quite a few euro cars. For future reference, they run the thing every weekend into the fall until attendance drops below 200 cars.

Been really busy here as well, three projects and a proposal I'm trying to get out. Shouldn't prevent a Glastonbury visit tomorrow though.

Charles

6. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I miss that Monday night car show. Used to bring in approximately 500 cars each week. Down here in Savannah, their is NOTHING. I see classics driving around but a car show down here brings in a dozen cars, or less.

7. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Lots of nice cars hidden away in garages on Skidaway Island. I've been lucky enough to sneak a peek at quite a few of them :)

8. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I know some Fcar owners here and heard of the driving club. See classics (50s,60s & Muscle Cars driving around), but they don't seem to have gatherings like in New England. (I was born, raised, and educated in CT. Been down here about 3 years now by way of SoCal.)

9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    traimpz348 likes this.
  11. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I might try ands stop by the night of the 14th...

BJK likes this.
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #37 BJK, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Mopar night, 6/14, and Corvette night, 7/19, are usually the biggest turn-outs. :cool:

503 'show' cars on that HOT night. :)

13. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Wow. That’s a big turn out. Do European cars show up?

14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Well there is a VW night :p , but everything and anything is welcome, new, old, rat-rod, custom or stock, but the majority is American muscle. :cool:
    500 cars is not big for Mark's. It was too hot for many.

traimpz348 likes this.