My Facebook is gone | FerrariChat

My Facebook is gone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bball16, Jun 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok I know this is a ridiculous problem for a grown man, but has anyone ever had their page disappear? I got an email notice yesterday that someone was trying to login and I should secure my account. I clicked on the secure my account it was gone. My friends all told me that I’ve disappeared completely and I have no way to fix this. All the solutions online have me going to settings in my page to reset my password but I have no page and when I try to secure the account I’m told my email address doesn’t exist in their database. I finally got through to a screen that gave me an option to make a change, but the email address is no longer mine. I haven’t posted anything really political, so I don’t think I was banned and I see absolutely no way to contact FB to fix this. The part that bothers me the most is 12 years of pictures that are gone. Anybody have any ideas?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like you have been thoroughly cancelled.

3. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yup. Bummed out all my pictures are gone.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That was probably not a real email and phishing. If you clicked that link in the email and typed in your username/pw they probably took it and deleted everything. If you share that password with other websites that could create more problems.

https://www.facebook.com/help/166863010078512

bball16 and EastMemphis like this.
  5. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ve tried everything in the help section. When I got the first email I immediately went to my page and it was already gone. Then when I tried to secure the account I saw that they had changed the contact email and phone. It even gives me the new ip and new email(partially blocked out). The most frustrating part is not being able to contact anyone at FB to help .

6. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Blessing in disguise?

7. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol.. in some ways, but I miss seeing the family pics the kids post.