NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 97 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    E="crinoid, post: 147933047, member: 17736"] View attachment 3154645
    Do you think this is a false part to distract?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that it is. It appears that you can look straight under that panel. I think it's mounted above the rear deck lid to allow for airflow/cooling. I think they're attempting to hide a flat deck and flying buttresses.

crinoid and ingegnere like this.
  2. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yeah that’s a bit of a mystery. Wonder if they’re covering a couple of blisters behind each seat—like roll bar extension fairings—especially if this is a spider?

If it is really a flat panel—maybe to fill the “hole” between the flying buttresses—I’m not sure how that would look like or how it would benefit aero or cooling.

jpalmito and crinoid like this.
  3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I like what you did here Alberto, with the alignment of the green and blue lines:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I’m just not sure how they will transition the surfaces in the area circles in yellow. Manzoni doesn’t normally do organic shapes so I’m trying to imagine what kind of geometry will be used here.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A rear-mid engine V12 with hybrid assist and circa 1200 HP would be bonkers!!!

red passion likes this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yep thats what i have said all along. The gap to the SF90 is too big and they need a bigger gap to the entry the Roma.

B-side, uhn2000 and dustman like this.
  6. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    From what I can interpret via my rusty Italian- this is an old memo Regarding a development/feasibility study for the new model. Specifically hybrid material pieces for the door panels, fenders, and even the skeleton of the car.

The last number doesn’t relate to any other retail model. But rather to the point of reference for the material itself. As well as indicating that specific designs have to be produced for those other parts of the car which would include the tonneau cover and etc….
    someone who speaks fluent Italian can correct me if I’m wrong.

Last but not least- to the dude who made the rendition. you have a mad skills yo. That is one gorgeous design.

fil and isot like this.
  7. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    I read somewhere that there will be two versions available. One with 720 hp with the transmission mounted single electric motor and another version with 100 more horsepower, but with an additional electric motor to run the front wheels. So if this is true the pricing spread could span between the current F8 all the way up to 350 K for base pricing.

from one point of view this would make sense- to sell a big volume for this car they won’t want to to wait to offer a high-performance version down the line, but rather right away so people can pick and choose what they want.
    currently McLaren sells the 720 and the 765 LT alongside each other.

Further there is no room for anything in between to directly replace the 812- since you are already pushing the bounds of power into the 750 to 800 hp range I mean af this point there is only an approximate 150 hp difference between a high-performance version of this car and the SF 90. The SF 90 starts at 512k.

8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I tried to google it, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Pretty much. He's listing all the projects he's worked on so far, from evaluating the feasibility of the 812C hood to studying/developing different parts (upper wheel arch, roll bar, tonneau cover, side panel) of the LB coupè/spider models.

9. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Same here.

10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    9nb likes this.
  11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If it’s related to interior material, it could be a typo and should read NTFP—which is non-timber forest products— and which would make sense in the context of door inner panels made of natural fibre composites, a common practice for door panels. Otherwise I also have no idea what NTFB is.

All good info for us here but surprised these guys are allowed by their respective companies to post about products of their clients that are not officially announced yet.

9nb and F140C like this.
  12. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Could be a possibility. However I would have rather thought about the actual door itself, as he specifically mentions "weight reduction" in that context. As per an interior trim part it might be rather a more cost effective solution than a real weight reduction when compared to a CF panel.

ingegnere likes this.
  13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I thought the same thing. I've signed multiple NDA's in my life and I would have never been allowed to mention this stuff.

ingegnere likes this.
  14. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Coordinating a team of “about two people”???

I would have thought an exact count shouldn’t be too challenging at that size

LVP488, ingegnere and F140C like this.
  15. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    In the past I observed some LinkedIn profiles becoming "clean" since discussing their infos on a public forum/community

16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    You're absolutely right, that why I post screenshots in case they get deleted.

17. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    840 hp sounds too much....but maybe finally Ferrari is taking the hp wars more seriously. And did they miss the announcement that ferrari already has announced A new car in June? This will come out well before September.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    amazing. What is the projected out the door $$ on this...mid $300s?

20. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Be nice, but they would be leaving a lot on the table at that low price.

09Scuderia likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    840HP is too close to SF90 I'm thinking mid 700's we'll see by the end of the month

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Bear in mind that Motor Trend named the Chevy Vega car of the year in the 70s.

G. Pepper and Senna1994 like this.
  23. rxbg

rxbg Karting

Apr 11, 2010
    USA
    Thanks for posting the article from motor trend. It gets me very excited about this car. I like the idea of simplifying nomenclature.

I’m also excited about the prospect of it being all wheel drive since I’ve had four Audi R8s and I am used to that way of going around the track.

the 800 hp range sounds just about right. That is exactly what is planned for the Audi R8/Huracan replacement and the McLaren 720 S replacement.

how do those hybrids work? What if you don’t have it fully chargedor it fully discharges on the day at the track? Does that mean that you are operating on the V6 power alone? How does that work with the reverse transmission?

9nb likes this.
  24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sounds like MT got this one wrong on all fronts from what we have heard so far. No way they will do a Carbon Chassis on their volume car considering the SF90 is aluminum and Ferrari has been adamant that the Carbon is for their Supercars. Plus the MC20 is very limited and the Chassis is built by a third party supplier (Versus Ferrari and Alcoa Plant). I think the car may get close to the 800 HP number but from all reports that is pushing it. AWD, that one again seems doubtful as so far all reports suggest RWD. Hopefully we will know this month. But it sounds like Motor Trend is off on this one.

JJ77, Doug23, F2003-GA and 5 others like this.
  25. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    this car needs to keep in mind not only the sf90 but the $250k market - the mclaren artura will be 671 hp w carbon tube a little smaller than the 570s and w long warrenty. So if im Ferrari i dont want to give away a segment of the market and give life to mclaren. the competition is tough and not sure ferrari can launch a v6 at $300k right away. what does the spider and other higher iterations go for $400? i guess - time will tell. but be very careful as u launch a SUV that u dont lose ur eye on the prize.

Senad likes this.