Events in Redmond or Bellevue this summer? | FerrariChat

Events in Redmond or Bellevue this summer?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by AirKuhl, Jun 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Are there any interesting events, Ferrari related or not, in that area this summer or fall?

I need to take my car in for its annual maintenance sometime before the snows start in November, I'll be driving in from north Idaho and was thinking of dropping it off for a few days, getting a loaner or rental and making a long weekend of it. Would be nice to time it with an interesting event. Restaurant recommendations would also be appreciated as I am not familiar with the area.

2. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Every Saturday AM, there is a car show (weather permitting) at Redmond Town Center. See E@RTC (exoticsat.com) or their Facebook page, Exotics@RTC - Home | Facebook

Typically 200+ cars with 10-80 Ferraris. The most Ferraris on Italian Day, July 10th this year.

whatheheck, Il Steeg and AirKuhl like this.
  3. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thought I would update this thread with a few observations and pictures. You guys probably already know all this stuff but as a relative newcomer to the area it was all new to me.

I-90 west of Spokane reminds me of I-10 west of Kerrville TX. Set the cruise control for 90 and chew up the miles.

Ferrari of Seattle was a great experience. My service advisor Anna was outstanding and helpful, and I got a tour of "Garage 5" which was awesome as well.

We enjoyed Redmond. We stayed at the Archer which was walking distance to the restaurants I was interested in visiting. Mostly, The Third Place. Yum!

Stopped into a bar while walking around and "scratched an itch."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Funny story when leaving to go home. We left the hotel parking garage and noticed a bunch of really nice cars in the parking area. I was just following the GPS out of the lot and next thing I know, someone was moving cones and waiving me in. I guess they assumed I was there for the event, lol. I only found out after I parked it was E@RTC.

It was fun and there were a lot of great cars including a gorgeous Enzo. I was surprised how much attention my humble little entry level car garnered in that company, felt like getting attacked by paparazzi.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On the way home we took the took US-2 and stopped in Leavenworth. It was a great drive to a fun town on a mostly deserted road with the top down on a nice day. Highlight of the trip. I need to remember to clear my onboard trip computer as it notes the top speed and the number going over Stevens Pass is pretty incriminating. ;)

Overall it was wonderful and we'll do this at least once a year. One take-away was a realization that this is what this car was built for. Plenty of storage space for a long weekend for 2 people, cruise in comfort for hours on the highway, then put the top down for the twisties and punish your tires. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this thing across the country. IMO this is the Ferrari version of a 911 Turbo, a do-it-all sports car.

In fact, it inspired one more trip before the weather turns. Will be heading out to Glacier National Park via The Lone Spiral Highway and Lolo Pass. Should be fun!

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Which Pappy did you like best? I don't drink anymore but found a bar I used to go to had, I think it was the 20 year, so I treated myself for my birthday. It was good but I'm not the biggest bourbon fan. It was fun to try it and spend that much on one drink though.

5. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Exotics is a great event. I have been a few times this summer in my grey 812. By chance were you driving some backroads after the event?

Garage 5 is Drivers Club :D. Anna is also amazing. Great service advisor at FoS

6. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 23, 2004
    Who da ho?
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The 20yo was the most interesting but I preferred the 15yo. The 23yo was...faded. Especially at >$5K per bottle.

My wife encouraged me to do it. She wisely deduced that if I finally tried them I'd be less likely to lose my mind and buy a bottle.

I saw 2 812's there, a blue one and a white one with stripes.

We drove US-2 to Leavenworth after we left the event. Beautiful top-down drive and the road was almost deserted. A bit smoky before the pass but then it cleared up. "Sorry officer, I could have sworn that speed limit sign had a "1" in front of the 55..."