430 Prices | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by JSP, Jun 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    haha but how about c8 z06 with 600hp and 9000rpm for same $ as 430?

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Cant compare a corvette to a 430

Extreme1, Zed82, Husker and 5 others like this.
  3. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Probably up, but nothing crazy. These aren't going to be in the 'investment' bucket for a long time.....if at all. IMHO.

4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Likely not.. but still amazing cars for the $$

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Marcoboxer likes this.
  5. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    For me it’s not about HP. I can build a Honda Civic that’ll smoke a Ferrari for 1/4 the price.

Marcoboxer likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    You can build a na dohc v8 with 600 hp that revs to 9000? Z06 is going to be crazy package with aero, braking, traction to match that motor. At same price as a 15 yr old ferrari.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Again its a corvette. Who cares?

Extreme1, Zed82, Fastcarfreak and 2 others like this.
  8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I like individual cars not brands. And I like value. Post pandemic 430 and 458 pricing is crazy. Not spending 200k on 458 or 125k on 430 without considering c8 esp z06. Or a new gt3 at 200k.

HH11 likes this.
  9. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    We all know that engine is going to shake apart just like the Mustang GT350. I'm not ready for New Balance shoes just yet.

CAV 430 likes this.
  10. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

At minimum I think it will rise steadily with inflation, but I do think there’s a case for a premium to build over time. It’s the bridge between classic and modern Ferrari. No belt worries like the 360. Easier to do DIY work on it (less complex parts/software requirements) than 458 and newer. Last mid-engined Ferrari that can be “easily” converted to a manual if someone wanted to. Somewhat timeless look (just modern or classic enough). Reason’s enough for it to retain some demand.

However, as a more accessible Ferrari for first time owners, or those just checking the Ferrari ownership box on the bucket list; I think good examples will get harder to find. I’m guessing lots of examples with deferred maintenance. Then again, it’s a model that I think can handle that deferment better than its older models.

11. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Gimme a 246GTS Dino any day. I’d quite happily watch the Corvette disappear in the distance.

I guess I don’t see these cars being about the numbers....and perhaps I should! Although if I thought about it from a more practical (sane?) angle, I’d have stuck with Porsche. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #37 95spiderman, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    ive had my lotus for 8 yrs and have no plans to ever sell it so i think i know something about how important feel is to a sportscar.

its not numbers per se with the z06. its a screaming high revving na v8 at 9000 rpm that does it. i could care less whether its got 500, 600,700 hp or if it does 0-60 in 2, 3, or 4 sec. its all about the experience. and thats a lot of experience for $100k. and yes, i would be very worried about its longevity like in mustang which is why im not on any wait lists for it.

the new gt3 with a stick is pretty nice experience for same money as a dct 458 or stick 430. i obviously love ferraris but these inflated pandemic prices are too high not to consider new alternatives. or just wait a yr when used prices come back down to earth

Marcoboxer likes this.
  13. Fastcarfreak

Fastcarfreak Rookie

Feb 7, 2013
    Comparing an f430 to a new c8 zo6, based on purchase price alone is kind of a joke. You aren’t getting more car for the money with the vette… the fact is, the cost of ownership (due to depreciation alone) of the c8, is going to be significantly higher. Also, you are buying an upgraded version of a car that almost anybody can afford… no thank you, I’ll take the Ferrari. Park the two cars next to each other and see which one gets more attention…

The f430 is likely to continue its upward trend in price. Look what people are spending on gated cars. If you don’t think f1 cars will start to get pulled in the same direction, you are crazy. It cost around $30k to do a proper swap to gated. There is an arbitrage opportunity there alone…

ive watched prices on f430s move upwards for the last few years when I first started looking for one. Pulling the trigger was one of the best decisions yet. These cars are only getting more desirable. You can even read stories about the guys upgrading from f430s to 458s and 488s, only to go back to the f430 after a few years.

EastMemphis likes this.
  14. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    If I wanted to be the fastest on the block, I'll just go buy a middling Tesla sedan. :eek:

15. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    #40 freshmeat, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Regardless of price/value I've never considered a vette before or after the pandemic. It doesn't make the vette any less of a car, it's just something that has zero appeal to me...even if going fastest was my itch, there are many that are faster.

Same goes for the GT3...to my eyes there are 9999,9,99,9,99,99 GT3s available and only growing in number with ever year, .1 .2 generation and so on. For the super wealthy, paying over msrp to be one of the first is just another day, but for anyone else, it makes zero sense to me ie pretty stupid.

16. F430Bill

F430Bill Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I figured I will add my perspective here as a LONG time corvette owner and a NEW F430 owner.

First of all, I love corvettes, and really love the 1963-1967 versions, but think the new C8 are absolutely incredible and are without a doubt the BEST sports cars on the road for the price (assuming you can find one). But, and there is a big but, Ferraris are in a different league, as in, they are simply better in every way. I am not saying they are better in terms of new value or price per horsepower, I am simply stating that Ferraris beat Corvettes in 95% of all category of comparison.

I recently bought a low miles, one owner, mint condition 2005 F430 spider, rosso/tan, and it is simply an unmatched beautiful car for $140k. This car not only looks like it belongs in a museum, the interior smell is still like a brand new car, the exhaust notes above 4,000 RPM is simply a beautiful symphony, and the handling is so tight and precise that it makes a Corvette seem like a toy. Everywhere I drive this car, it commands attention, where corvettes seem to blend in like toyotas or audis. Everyone, and I mean everyone thinks my 16 year old Ferrari is new or certainly less than 3 years old. Most corvettes do not age well, and their resale value does not hold. Finally, driving a Ferrari is like driving a true race car on the road, where a corvette is like driving a regular vehicle that that simply goes fast.

As much as I love Corvettes, they are very common, and have a certain look and vibe. I think GM made a huge mistake with the C8 and should have debagged the entire car and had no corvette words on the back of the car, no stingray icons on the back or sides, no crossed flags on the hood, and no mention of Corvette or GM or anything like that. In other words, let the car speak for itself without and badges at all. Then, and only then, will this car gain some respect it deserves. But the interior build quality is simply pale in comparison to a Ferrari.

Now, as I said, I do love corvettes, but now that I purchased my first Ferrari, I understand why they call these cars "supercars"

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes, exactly - its that X factor!

freshmeat likes this.
  18. F430Bill

F430Bill Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    That is exactly why I paid $140,000 for a 16 year old used F430 rather than buy a new C8 for $100k as I believe it is worth $40k more and I am pretty sure the F430 will depreciate much less than a C8.

Now, if you want to race them head to head on on a track or use the car as a daily driver or where money is a deciding factor, perhaps the C8 is better. But my car is a weekend car and honestly, driving a Ferrari is more enjoyable than any car I have ever owned.

Marcoboxer likes this.
  19. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    It’s a Chevy…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app