F355 Market | Page 254 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Doesn't change the fact that it is the high ask currently on Mobile.de. (And most beautiful car.) :)

Also, the lowest price car on mobile.de is an F1 spider. The nest 2 or 3 lowest are F1 Berlinettas. So, it swings both ways.:D

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Car is so beautiful, it’s priced to never leave the showroom ;)

3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The car is probably "not for sale" but needs to be shown in inventory for insurance reasons.

4. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    I have owned both Berlinetta and GTS. My dream spec was Berlinetta but I sold the B and kept my GTS it’s hard to beat with the targa panel removed.

Oz-ATL likes this.
  5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    In all honesty, I should have kept my very first GTS gated car. It was the one. I am sad I sold it. Cannot replace it now. The GTB has it advantages. Pulling the Targa top off was a nice way to enjoy the car. I cannot drive it well, with it stored behind the seat. That was a challenge. I made a few pennies on it, but what I had in it to now, was a mistake to sell. Oh well. My GTB is fine. Cheaper and more fun to drive, cause the ODO is irrelevant in that car. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Never been in or drove a GTS. Does it drive the same as a GTB?

Exiges are targas and it drove fine to me. Superb handling actually.

7. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I haven't driven a GTS but I have driven a Spider. There is a noticeable difference in structural rigidity in my opinion when cornering / accelerating out of a corner. I'm sure the GTS is better but I prefer the Berlinetta regardless from an aesthetic standpoint.

I wouldn't turn down a nice GTS...but it's not what I'd be shopping for.

8. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Tres55. Do you know the story on the 355 spider sitting at Applewood in Langley? Its been there for a long time. It has too many modes for me. Iam surprised it hasn't moved. Must be a reason. Take away the seats, the rims, the steering wheel and I would consider it. It might need another $20K just to put it back looking right

9. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    #6334 355dreamer, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    My white 355 was a GTS. They certainly flex more during hard turns than any of my GTB 355s

tres55 and ShineKen like this.
  10. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    GTS does “creak” some and you realize how ridged a GTB is after driving a GTS. GTB will pull a wheel off the ground on the right incline.

Hence why they crack the buttress paint :)

tres55 likes this.
  11. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Agreed. Some say you can't feel it but I found it very noticeable. Better than many other convertibles but still there, I tracked mine once with the top off and it was fine. And yes I occasionally had some rattling from the top.

Prefer the Berlinetta for sure but also wish I would have just kept my 99 GTS instead of selling it. With red deviated stitching and factory shields, I've not seen another like it.

tres55 and Oz-ATL like this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Are you guys commenting with the top off or with it on?

13. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Yes I have told you many times to message me and I can fill you in on that car. Cliff notes: I wouldn't pay their ask.

14. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Top on. Top on you see and hear the seals and some moans, knocks and creaks. Nothing overly alarming or even annoying, but still present. None of that in a GTB. Top off you feel some flex - parking lots with rise or “ramps.”

Having owned a 95’ 348 Spider, 96 GTS, 2 99 GTS, 99 GTB and my 95 GTB, I feel qualified to comment :)

The GTB’s are more rewarding at speed, raw feedback for twisties and a “solid” experience of the 355 Chassis as designed for racing. The GTS is the best all around 355 for a mix of both open air and coupe weather protection, as well as no convertible drama (seats, mechanism, rattles) Top down on a spider with tonneau on is best for sound and really sexy Ferrari design - spectacular. GTB is pure automotive art in its own right - one of the best. But GTS adds that little bit practicality to all facets of Ferrari joy.

ShineKen, INTMD8 and MAD828 like this.
  15. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I can't see it having a material impact on the rigidity.

The solid structure of the Berlinetta has to add a significant advantage. The Spider I drove...I couldn't go back. Mostly because I don't really go for a "cruise" in my car I'm usually driving fairly spiritedly.

ShineKen and carnutdallas like this.
  16. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    GTB > GTS > Spider

Nothing new :)

carnutdallas likes this.
  17. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The Berlinetta is noticeable for its turn in response it feels stiffer under cornering load. For sure it’s the stiffer car that goes without saying but in all honesty that’s not why I bought the car. And my GTS doesn’t suffer from creaks or rattles from the targa panel.

I have been in some GTS that squeak and rattle so bad I couldn’t live with it. You have to drive a straight and well looked after example to compare. Also my car doesn’t have any leaks even with pressure washing. My Berlinetta was a 98 and my GTS is a 95 non air bag so that was a huge factor in picking which one to keep. But I do enjoy a roof less car the open air experience is very nice.

ShineKen likes this.
  18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Stiffness? We don't need no stinking stiffness. Seriously, how many of you chose which body style you bought based on chassis stiffness. And unless you on the track at 8/10 or above, how much difference does it make? When I first got my spider I was a little disappointed at the degree of cowl shake it had compared to more modern and stiffer roadsters I had owned (Z4, Boxster) but now I don't even notice it. The car is tight and has no rattles. I which I could have said that for my Boxster and my current Cayman.

20. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I chose the berlinetta for body stiffness having bought it after the GTS. For me it wasn't about being 1/10 of a second faster on an off ramp but disliking the feel of flex and the noise from the roof.

I adjusted the front latches (shimmed to be tighter), rear pins, and had everything lubricated. Wasn't bad most of the time but in certain scenarios would still creak and rattle which drove me nuts.

Of course removing the panel removed the noise but wasn't always convenient to drive it with the top off.

mclaudio, ShineKen and tres55 like this.
  21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    A liberal coating of shin-etsu grease on the seals does wonders for the squeaking.

sjd

MAD828 likes this.
  22. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I did - I wanted the fastest version. My ideal was a '95 gtb for maximum performance and luckily (maybe, the early cars have some issues) that's what I ended up with. The GTB's are also the lightest as they need less chassis reinforcement. It's the best of the breed imo, but I've never been a big open top guy, and if I want that I just take my jeep.

ShineKen, 308 GTB and tres55 like this.
  23. michaelz

michaelz Karting

Jul 7, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    #6348 michaelz, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Also early GTB here. '94 build date. I didn't even care if it's the fastest version or not, like you said I just wanted to experience the purest version.

Thankfully I had other open top cars before (targa + roadsters) before the 355 and got that out of my system. Just didn't want the compromise anymore. Less is more, a fixed roof saves you from having to to decide whether to take the top off today or leave it on. Just get in and drive it.

ShineKen likes this.
  24. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I love my GTB but also have an early 911 targa survivor and can report that there are few finer automotive experiences than cruising down a nice road on a sunny day in a targa.

mclaudio, carnutdallas and OCKlasse like this.
  25. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    One of the few "newer" cars that I truly love is the 991 Targa...they crushed it.

carnutdallas, INTMD8 and tres55 like this.