Ferrari Schedoni book | FerrariChat

Ferrari Schedoni book

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Castlemount, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Castlemount

Castlemount Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Jun 18, 2020
    Notts, UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
  2. Castlemount

Castlemount Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Jun 18, 2020
    Notts, UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
  3. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
  4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Me too, I've reserved one.

5. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    How much do they estimate shipping to the states will cost? I have a book in my cart but the shipping isn’t coming up.
    Thnx
    Jonathan

6. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
    Summerlin2020 likes this.
  7. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Great, looks like a must-have!
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    A look inside the Schedoni factory.

NürScud and Albert-LP like this.
  9. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    One of the coolest factories.
    The smell is intoxicating.

Albert-LP, Rosey, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    all those old sewing machines still get the job done. Amazing craftsmanship on display!

jm2 likes this.
  11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
  13. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Castlemount likes this.
  14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you Tony for the feedback and thank you all.

I wanted to do the English edition too as it's a book to be read, so I'm a bit sad about the fact that a foreign enthusiast can't read it despite having the book in his hands: it tells a lot of world premiere news about Schedoni and about Ferrari too. This book is not only a picture collection: it's a book to be read.

The Editor will modify soon the form that opens in the link where to buy the book: the form will be in English and not in Italian like now.

I want to tell you this: the first edition that Castlemount purchased was a quick assembled one, done all by myself. Mauro Schedoni was very ill, the book was a career tribute for him and so me and his son Simone wanted that he could see the book. So it has an elementary page editing (it was all done by myself), lacks some interview (2) and some pictures could be better (no time to find better ones or to edit them) and no debugging was done. The copies were printed December 18, 2020: Mauro passed three weeks later, January 14, 2021. But he saw the book: I hope it was something nice for him, who suffered a lot during his last weeks.

The English one is a professionally edited book, improved, with more contents and better quality pictures.

Let me say it was an honor to tell such a legendary story that involved Ferrari and my friend Mauro.

ciao

Nembo1777, ferry430, LVP488 and 8 others like this.
  15. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
  16. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Mine is being shipped tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Was intrigued by the section on Schedoni in the recent book "2500 Ore," which I highly recommend.

www.edizioni03.com

Albert-LP likes this.
  17. joejackson

joejackson Karting

Aug 18, 2006
    Muenster/Germany
    Full Name:
    Gert S
    The link does not work...

18. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Zeltweg and joejackson like this.
  19. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    This book collecting bug is contagious. We start talking about the Schedoni book then switch to the restoration book. What is next? I need an addition to my house for the out-of-control collection. And new shelves while I'm at it!

Seriously, I am looking forward to the Schedoni book, Nye's GTO64 tome and Eau Rouge's Mangusta book (if it is ever published). I will find room.

Zeltweg, Rosey and of2worlds like this.
  20. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    How’s the English version, they will be doing a limited edition Book using Schedoni leather, priced €700. very tempting but will it be worth it

Albert-LP likes this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    That's not 100% correct: Schedoni himself will bound the book with his leather and the Schedoni brand will be embossed on the book cover and on the leather box: so it's a sort of "official" Schedoni book, talking about Ferrari and Schedoni.

I'm not the correct person to ask if it will worth the money - as I wrote it- but I know how many hours I spent writing it and collecting all the first hand info, news, anecdotes, interviews and so on: an huge work. And then there was the translation, as I'm Italian and my English is not enough for a book, so the editor had to hire two traslators.

All the book is 'handcrafted' here in Modena, not only the very expensive Schedoni cover and Schedoni box: this special edition has beed "designed" for collectors, for who wants an exclusive and precious official book, limited. Who cannot afford such a cost or doesn't think it deserves the money, can always buy the standard edition, but it's like comparing a limited Icona series with a standard Ferrari production car: both are excellent and will delight the owner, but the Icona is another thing and an opportunity, as maybe in the future it will worth more than what you paid for.

I'm really very excited to see the first special copy coming out and to put it on my library, despite I already have ten copies of the standard one on the shelf!

Ciao

22. markst270

markst270 Karting

Aug 5, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Cory
    Thank you Alberto, I may have to get the standard version, or see a few pictures inside, its a shame there is no pictures of the limited version yet to see what 700 Euros gets you

Albert-LP likes this.
  23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Mark, I understand very well that before booking one, everybody would like to see what he gets for such a price, so I will post some pictures of the special limited English edition as soon as they will be available, of course: thank you for your interest into the book, I appreciate it.

What I can tell you now is that many here already booked a copy (one even got five), without knowing nor seeing anything: maybe they think that Schedoni would not officially join a poor or low quality project, even putting their brand embossed on the cover and akling directly for 141 copies like his firm age (Mr. Simone asked for that copy number, and we did what he asked, of course). Mr. Simone Schedoni has many friends all over the world who are important Ferrari collectors and customers too, and he absolutely doesn't want to give them anything they won't like: I think this is the best "warranty" about the book quality.

Ciao

Lars T., Buchpilot, Rosey and 2 others like this.
  24. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Alberto, I can’t wait to receive my copy.

Albert-LP likes this.