Finally convinced the wife.... | FerrariChat

Finally convinced the wife....

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by 360spydr, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    #1 360spydr, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login After years of Ferrari ownership, I have finally convinced the wife to get her own car added to our stable. We found a gorgeous 2016 California T in Blu California with Cuoio leather and 7800 miles that she fell in love with. Looks good next to the 488 spider

Together we did 600 miles alternating driving over the last few days. She loves it! And, I must say I’m quite impressed. My impressions:
    - no where near the 488 (or my previous 458) in terms of cornering/handling. It’s a bit “mushy”, but still pretty damn good until pushed really hard. But, that’s exactly what it should be. This is a sporty touring car, not a back road or track weapon.
    - transmission shift is very slow compared to the 458 and 488. That was the first thing I noticed. That also means it’s much smoother. She likes it, I’d prefer a touch quicker.
    - carbon ceramic brakes feel just like the 458, but not as good as the 488. They are a bit grabby at slow speeds, maybe it’s specific to this car. Still quite good.
    - ergonomics are much better than the mid engine cars I’ve owned, more headroom and leg room. Ingress and egress are easier, but it’s still not “easy”
    - back seats are basically a shelf. Forget about fitting anyone above toddler age. However, grand kids in booster seats fit nicely
    - rear trunk is quite large if the top is up, but just slightly bigger than the 458/488 with the top down. One overhead compartment sized rolling bag and a soft over nighter fit well.

The car is beautiful and draws a bit less attention than the 488 (a good thing) and is very much worthy of the Ferrari name. She’s happy...so I’m happy.

Thanks very much to this community!!! I did a bunch of research and read all the California T threads before pulling the trigger on a second prancing horse addition. Your information and impressions where invaluable. For those of you looking to convince others to join the club, the California T seems a great entry point.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3156736

Attached Files:

Mizio, 695, whatheheck and 8 others like this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's a gorgeous color. Really goes nice with that interior.
    I hope your wife and you have lots of happy miles in your new T.
    T

russellmcg likes this.
  3. Beach Boy

Beach Boy Rookie

Apr 1, 2021
    Oh wow. That's stunning. What a nice collection you've got going there!
    Congratulations. Enjoy!

4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Congratulations on adding the Cali T! Its an excellent machine and still a bargain for an as new Ferrari.
    It appears the inventory is dropping and prices are rising quickly on the Cali T.
    If you have been on the fence about buying one, Get it sooner rather than later....
    Enjoy!

5. 360spydr

360spydr Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2010
    Reno/Tahoe NV, Seattle WA and Portland OR
    Full Name:
    KJ
    I agree completely. I’m quite impressed with the Cali T and they’ve taken the big depreciation hit. IMO they represent a Ferrari “value” (wow, that seems an oxymoron)

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats!

7. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Glad your wife is into Ferrari's. Mine........not so much, although she likes to ride in my 458 Spyder if the weather is nice.

russellmcg likes this.
  8. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    That’s is a gorgeous colour. Fantastic car taste from your wife. Give it 6 months and she will be after your 488 :)

Cali T HS likes this.
  9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Beautiful cars!

Congrats to you and your wife!

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk