The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread | Page 80 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 GTS pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Wheels1, Dec 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  2. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Amazing. Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Looks like it...

of2worlds likes this.
  6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    finally the awakening of je leno.. featuring ferraris on his show...

7. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Boots and dcmetro like this.
  8. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    Definitely Azzurro Dino.
    Not AD Metallizzato

9. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    He has featured Ferraris before. But apparently he has been turned off from Ferrari for many years, due to the culture and ways of US Ferrari dealers.

I remember reading an article a few years ago where he opened up about why he has no Ferraris. He always excuses it with them being too modern and electric etc. But that makes little sense as his McLarens, Porsches, Mercs and Corvettes are no different.

Reality is that he hates the dealer games. In the past he apparently has tried to purchase three Ferraris used. An F40, a Daytona and a 330 GTC I think the last one was.
    Every time the story was the same. The car was sourced by some of his staff and he was going to see the car. Then when the dealers realized who they were dealing with, prices got bumped up, odd demands for additional purchases were made etc. He simply will not play ball and stand for the US dealer games. He expressed similar thoughts regarding purchasing cars outside the US. However, here the issue was not acquiring the car, but rather having to deal with a certified Ferrari dealer looking to take advantage of him via repairs, service etc.

Can't blame him for being turned off the marque. I'm glad the dealer culture here in Europe is nothing like it was in the US in the LdM era. I would not have been here had that been the same way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Ah please don't abandon the idea of that Black/Orange GTS!!!

11. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Wiesbaden, Germany, not far from Frankfurt Airport
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    I am sooo thrilled, got my second pic from production now, rosso coburn, never seen any 12cyl in that colour yet… some Pistas/488 but neither 812 or GTS… a REAL Adventure to invest in a colour not being absolutely sure, but I love what I see on that small pic. Can‘t await delivery now. Living in Germany this might still be JUNE, YEAH, Covid free summer may come NOW Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    My god that’s gorgeous. I chickened out and went Grigio GTS but next f car will be red.

Xray58 and of2worlds like this.
  13. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    My very very first thought was, serious GT car, must be different than red, and then only the various grigios were on the table. And I LOVE Grigio GTS with e.g. cioccolato interior. That was in Dec 21, over some weeks that „Grigio/Thought“ converted more and more into : how can it be serious and still red. Then the process became painful…and sort of risky… was so afraid to get it wrong. Fuoco too orange, Magma too bright, Fiorano only 2-layer and so on. R Portofino too much for the Portofino. And then somebody in the chat mentioned R Coburn. I found gorgeous pics of Pistas in RC… and six weeks after consideration I went for it, despite price, despite it is very similar to a Mazda Red, despite the say: only first Ferraris are red . So you can imagine how anxiously I awaited this first pic…. Many thanks for encouragement! And again: Grigio GTS is so classic, can’t go wrong with that colour as well

italiafan and Boots like this.
  14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Did you consider Rosso Maranello and Rosso Rubino Micalizzato?

ScottS likes this.
  15. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Be assured...yes...did consider "every"... available "red" for the GTS...and I received a lot of great advice also in this chat..end of last year....When looking at pics....and some originals at my dealer...I landed up with RCoburn. Maranello I found a little too bright...and Rubino...too dark..... in addition Magma too "explosive"...and a "Maserati-Colour"....these all being great colours for a GTS as well for sure. I loved the "story" around that "Coburn" as well...pretty unique...how that colour started to exist :), For sure it should NOT be R Scuderia..having it for my Pista...and had it for my SF, which I sold in spring this year.

Garretto likes this.
  16. threecoma

threecoma Rookie

Mar 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Sanjay Narang
    Need assistance am super torn right now have to place my order for the final spec GTS

Had originally spec the GTS with Rosso Corsa with Nero interior, same as i have on my current 458 spyder.
    However after getting the same spec for a test drive and parked next to each other decided not to have two Rosso cars.

Am trying to come to terms with owning a sensible car and an outrageous car
    Part of me wants to spec it with Giallo Triplo Strato with Nero interior with yellow stipe with black alcantara.

vs

Cana De Fucile, and Terra Brucatia interior.

The predicament is will i get bored of a yellow ferrari and how usable is this in the event i decide to make it my daily drive.
    I am going back and forth on this and need finalise the spec in the coming week. Caught between two extremes have toyed with idea of speccing it in Grigio Silverstone with black and yellow interior and the wrapping the car in yellow once i get it and trying to find a happy medium.

Xray58 likes this.
  17. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Can very well understand your problem...had the same issue (see above)...wanted another colour than red.... Had Rosso scuderia with my SF and with my Pista at the same time...so it HAD to be another colour....I landed up with....another RED...speccing Rosso Coburn... I also thought....I take a classic Colour and then wrap it differently.... I am happy now that I didn't....I wouldn't want to drive around with a wrapped car...somehow not "authentic", know what I mean? Take your time, don't decide too fast...it took me 6 weeks to get from grigio GTS via Rosso Fiorano...Rosso Fuoco...to rosso coburn...and to really be happy about the colour is worth taking some time.... Good luck...and.....this "sculpture" of a car...is great with ANY Colour finally...

18. PantherMD

PantherMD Karting

Dec 14, 2016
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    David G
    Wow! I am in the same boat. Between grays and reds. Corsa too bright. My pista is Fuoco and I love it. Not sure it’s for gts. Considering fiorano. Do you mind sharing cost of coburn? Did it delay the production time? If not Fiorano any other recommendations on shades of red?

19. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    Compare all the pics you can find. And there are many in the net and also here in the chat. Fiorano is a wonderful colour but and that is obvious, it is a 2 layer-colour. It would hav cost me around 8.500,-€ here in Germany...., You will also find great pics of Rosso Maranello....and people here in the chat, who are really happy with it. You better start searching in this Chat under "rosso coburn, maranello , etc etc....and you will find a lot of very meaningful conversations on this topic. I drove myself crazy...around New Year 21....(I had to spec until end of Jan/beginning of Feb)...and my choices became more and more expensive. On the other side I wanted something very unique. And you will see: whereas you find lots of pics with 488 Pistas in Rosso Coburn there is not ONE 12Cylinder neither a SF or a GTS with Rosso Coburn so far. And I loved what I saw with the V8-Models. So I thought it can only be even prettier with a bigger car... So for me it is a "serious GT-Colour"...not "screaming" like my R-Scuderias..... However there are also other great reds which also are pretty fascinating...like Rosso Rubino Metallizato, darker than many other reds. For me the only issue then was the price....they are charging 23.000,-€ for that colour...There are jokes here in the chat....mentioning that the colour is almost exactly...like the new Mazda-Reds you find on the street....and for that price you can even get such a Mazda... I don't care... I love that colour and "tailor made" would be even more expensive...so my luxury is that colour :)

20. Xray58

Xray58 Karting

Dec 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Alexander Röntgen
    #1997 Xray58, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Ah...and no....no production delay felt, or seen. Car is ready for delivery in the coming weeks. (the paint is done at Carozzeria Zanasi, a painter in Maranello, as I know it is not painted in the Ferrari Paint shop.

21. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Most surprising aspect of that car built around those leather seats was the extreme comfort of said seats. Like sitting in your recliner.

Grigio Coburn with Argento Nurburgring livery.

Thecadster, Picchu88 and tomc like this.