Reading exhaust emission figures for my 575 ULEZ London, UK | FerrariChat

Reading exhaust emission figures for my 575 ULEZ London, UK

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nicklondon, Jun 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    Hi all,

London, England is becoming an ultra low emission zone as of October this year which is seriously frustrating as if I even look at my 575 they will charge me £12.50 (not to mention just about my entire car collection). When I bought the car their online system showed me it was actually compliant with their rules basically EURO4 or NOx readings of under 0.08 g/km, but now it's decided that it isn't.

Cut a long story short I have got in touch with them and they said if I get a certificate of conformity from Ferrari (£900 from Ferrari in the UK) that proves the emissions levels are to their standard then they will change it's status for me. The car came from Switzerland and I found a Swiss certificate of conformity in the history. It shows exhaust emissions levels on the certificate as below, which means absolutely nothing to me, does it to anyone here?

AADA/B03/G 499/21,8

I'm certain that it is below their threshold for NOx levels as every online database shows the car to have NOx levels at 48mg/km (0.048g/km).e.g https://www.nextgreencar.com/view-car/4961/ferrari-all-models-575m-maranello-petrol-manual-6-speed/

Can anyone help me with this? I need to beat Transport For London on this issue, as they are the most frustrating bunch of idiots.

Many Thanks!

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The thread about ULEZ & a 360 in the UK section suggests they will want a car specific certificate in English to change it

I've just tried another 575 in the checker and it too is non-compliant

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Adding that I think the 575M may only be Euro3 certified by Ferrari because the beginning of production car predates Euro4 testing

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This... you will need to spend the bucks with Ferrari to get the info they require. Not sure what happens when a car becomes non compliant due to chnages in legislature. Are they trying to apply a tax to non compliant cars? Limiting use?

5. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    Greyboxer - you are indeed correct regarding the car being EURO3, however they have told me that for a car to be compliant it needs to be either EURO4 or have an NOx emission reading of less that 0.08 g/kg.

Tbakowsky - they make you pay £12.50 per day to use it, there are cameras all over London now that will pick you up if you even move an inch... Life it getting more and more difficult here.

I'm on a personal mission at the moment to beat Transport For London on this.. Maybe I should have put this in the UK section.

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Nick, how frequently do you drive your 575 in London? If it's a few days a year like most of us, this is less than the price of a tank of petrol, and an incidental cost on a Ferrari that I wouldn't even notice at an annual service (some grommet needed dealing with at one hour's labour).

why bother?

if you drive it every day, then I can see how it would get expensive. But you would also be pretty much unique I think, and I would be amazed I hadn't seen you!

I am just factoring ULEZ in to my annual costs, which average all included (storage, insurance, fuel, servicing, detailing materials, and so on) at just under £3k a year. Even ten days of ULEZ is barely 3 per cent of that. And I'm happy to pay that if it means the genuine old polluters, vans and taxis pumping out crap, are kept off the road. The tax will punish the poor much more than us Ferrari owners, which is a different matter. But it may and should mean cleaner air, also, which is good for all.

7. nicklondon

nicklondon Rookie

May 21, 2013
    London
    It

It's a matter of principle, ULEZ is not there to save the environment, it's just another tax. Of course I can afford to pay it but I pay quite enough tax already, especially as I own 8 cars and only 2 can now be driven in London without paying. They have made our roads worse in London and I pay a fortune to use them as it is.. Why should I pay more, it's never ending... P.S totally agree on old polluters, particularly diesel buses, vans, taxis and cars, they're vile and always have been.

8. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    True, true. It's a tax. I live in central London and have stopped driving daily because of the congestion charge tax. Strangely Big Brother has had the desired effect, my cars are off the road and my step count is up. But it's not fair on all the workers who have to drive. Same tax.

But road tax (vehicle excise duty) and the tax on fuel are also high here, much more for me than ULEZ. I can't fight those. I just pay, and am grateful we are not like some French cities where no cars of certain registrations are allowed on the road on certain days. Selfishly, at least flat rate taxes allow you to pay your way out.