Wanted - Ferrari fender Shields | FerrariChat

Wanted Ferrari fender Shields

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by woody byrd, Jun 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I saw an tread on SHIELDS for sale recently, and now I cant find it to save me. Please let me know of any type you may have. My 812 GTS just finished production and in error the shields were not applied.
    I was going to try to live without them, BUT I sure will miss them. I will try the stick on and take them off if they don't look good. Thanks

2. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    Curious who made the error?
    You? Dealer? Factory?

3. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sorry I don't have the answer.

But that seems like a HUGE deal to me if dealer or Ferrari error on a customer specced 812GTS.

Sorry this happened. I hope you find satisfactory resolution.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G930P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    "I saw an tread on SHIELDS for sale recently, and now I cant find it to save me."
    I think the most recent reference was to this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255011995777?hash=item3b5fe64081:g:A14AAOSwNj9grOp2

Historically, the "reference standard" for after market shields were the Yoshi shields. Ferrari put him out of business in 2012. I put a set of Yoshi's on my 575 15 years ago and they look like new after 100,000 miles of exposure.

5. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    its a bigger deal than just add them, the fender has to be "debossed" to allow the shield to sit in the recess. It can be done but you have to repaint the fenders after the debossing is done. its about a $5-6k event if you want it done right after the car is built.

6. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I don't think there is a recess in the fender. I think the after market shields have adhesive. I am really depressed about this, but I either just live with it or without.
    Its obviously an oversite without many options to correct. Thanks for you help.

7. ekosan

ekosan Karting

Apr 25, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    ekosan
    You can go even better and replicate the hand-painted shield option:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/painted-shields.638369/