Cavallino restaurant renovation almost completed | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cavallino restaurant renovation almost completed

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Albert-LP, May 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

https://www.ferrari.com/it-IT/ristorante-cavallino/menu?fbclid=IwAR2YGneHa6fn9LWe8b8R9I8eXZdGMt6j4K0tHY7voSTFfLuVlB4Zn0yPYrQ

Parmigiano fritto con spinaci*** (offered)
    Gnocco fritto e salumi****
    Rosette cotte nel forno a legna****
    Guancia di vitello all’Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale*****
    Verdure di stagione alla brace***
    Zuppa inglese****
    Torta Barozzi (offered)****

*= average

**= good

***= very good

****= fantastic

*****= unbelievable

2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Thank you! I think I have to plan my next trip to Maranello :)

Albert-LP and jpalmito like this.
  3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Great review, thank you. How does it compare to Montana?

Albert-LP likes this.
  4. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Are the “ghosts” still there? The decor used to allude of the business lunches and meeting that once took place there between Ferrari management, drivers and others. Just walking in felt like a connection to those people.

The reservation confirmation you posted was in English. Is that the default language?

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This new Cavallino impressed me more than Montana, for location and food. This said, Montana is a very good restaurant.

ciao

Jack-the-lad and 375+ like this.
  6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani

That's the same question I have! Maybe I pushed the wrong language option icon, or maybe the booking software has a bug or still has to be updated: I don't know, but the software looks to be from Holland.

7. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This looks way better than that ‘Design Boom’ article made it seem!

Prices not too bad considering. Affordable for a special treat, that’s for sure. I am mildly relieved so that’s good :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tritone and Albert-LP like this.
  8. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  9. 1monza

1monza Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2005
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Norbert Hofer
    Last time I visited the Cavallino Restaurant in 2009, I was very let down. The food was terrible. Upside, I did loose about 8 lbs from being sick for the next week afterwards. We went to the Montana restaurant the next day for lunch and it was spectacular. Look foreward to its reopening and giving it another try!

10. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Agreed! That article seemed to show bland & sterile......happy to know that's not so. Will put it back on the agenda for the fall.

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I was there in 2009 as well. The food didn’t make me sick but Montana was far superior...food, environment, experience....everything. But even Montana is bested for cuisine by some of the lower profile, more “local” restaurants.

One nice thing came from my lunch at Cavallino, though. Through an introduction made while there, I received a private tour of the Classiche workshops. It was a very nice experience.

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Montana is a very good restaurant, but (in my opinion) is a restaurant for who is looking for a "Ferrari atmosphere" or for "Ferrari tourists" (like Pasticcino or Smeraldo), not (in my opinion) for who is looking for supertop food and excellence. Top restaurants in the aerea are others (in my opinion), like Arnaldo, Antica Moka, La Masseria and so on: there are tons here around! Italy is famous for food, and Modena area is not an exception.

This "new" Cavallino is at an excellent level even only as cousine, without considering the (superb) Ferrari experience: I was very impressed of the meal level they have now.

What I suggest to every "foreign tourist" who is visiting Maranello, is to go to those restaurant (Montana, Cavallino, Smeraldo, Pasticcino) if he wants to eat very good Italian food in a "Ferrari atmosphere": otherwise, take the Michelin guide and look which are the best restaurants we have in the area. But don't worry: you can eat very well almost everywhere, here around.

ciao