Ferrari ROMA | Page 172 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Isn’t there a way to turn off auto stop? Previous Ferraris have had an off button for that feature on the cabin light console above the mirror. I push that every time I start up.

Does it switch from manual to auto while driving? The only time I have noticed it changing while driving is if I forget to downshift coming to a stop.

Both have to be initiated upon starting. There is no way to set that as a default.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

vcappp and milannium like this.
  2. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Yes, the Roma has the button for disabling auto-stop as well, in the bank of buttons to the left of the steering wheel... but as you say, it's something one must do every time you start up.

For the manual to auto, I also find it happens if adaptive cruise control is on, even if the revs are in a good place; I guess cruise control and manual mode are just not consistently compatible.

vcappp likes this.
  3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yep! I noticed this behavior the one time I actually put the car into auto mode. It is almost useless in real life. 8th gear at 40mph is completely ridiculous! I imagine they do it to receive a higher mpg rating…

So I u we manual mode just like in my other Ferraris.

SV

vcappp and milannium like this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I always drive in manual but have you tried race in auto w the suspension set to bumpy to see if it’s more aggressive? Also, don’t mean this to be a dumb question, are you setting the car to manual with the auto button or are you just engaging with the paddles. If you use the paddles in auto mode it will revert back to auto. I imagine you are trying auto off by pressing the button but it’s still happening? If so it’s a glitch. Mine has been great but I did have a sw hiccup and it’s back at the dealer for a major update. Hopefully this one is the charm.

vcappp, milannium and of2worlds like this.
  5. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I did but don't remember what it was and too lazy to look it up. I might change it anyway. I have a meeting at the dealer this week to finalize the spec.

6. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Race mode is pretty good in Auto once it gets going .... the thing that bugs me is that if you set it to auto, and there's ever a lull in the action, the car is pretty soon back to 8th gear at 1000rpm instead of being in a higher gear, which is the antithesis of race mode to me; just seems logical that if you're in race mode, you're telling the car "don't ever shift into a gear that sets the rpm at 1000 because I am not in race mode for fuel economy reasons" . Wouldn't it be great if as you switched the manettino to higher settings, the baseline RPM got higher too? Anyway, not gonna jam up this chat with my RPM complaint any longer... just was wondering if anyone knew of a way to remap the gearing somehow to set a minimum level of your choice, but it doesn't sound like that's possible.

elmadi, vcappp and RamsHmb like this.
  7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Totally agree. One of the reasons I never go auto. I also feel like the car drones a bit in 8th even at 70 or 80 I will stay in 7th

elmadi, AM-DE and milannium like this.
  8. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    I had the same low RPM with a Lamborghini Huracan I owned. By the time I got to 40 MPH in auto, it was in the final gear. I agree, it is a fuel economy thing. That is why I never use auto.

milannium likes this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Here is a pic of mine with blu medio stitch and piping.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

gw32 and of2worlds like this.
  10. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    If you haven't finalized the spec yet, perhaps also consider the ventilated seats --- they look great with all the perforations in the leather, and man ... once you go with an air conditioned ventilated seat, pretty hard to ever go back to a non-ventilated seat ... the ventilation fans are faintly audible, but it's so worth it for that consistent cool comfort;

elmadi likes this.
  11. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Do the Ferrari ventilated seats work pretty well? I've had great ventilated seats and less great ventilated seats from different manufacturers. We have an order in for a Portofino M including the ventilated seats and I really, really hope they are good.

Rob

12. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Really good in the Roma!

SV

rob5819 and tomc like this.
  13. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    FourFiveGreat, tomc, TheMayor and 7 others like this.
  14. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Awesome to hear! thank you! My Roma shows up in 3-4 weeks! can't wait now.

Scott Hawthorne likes this.
  15. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    Roma clock - one tiny issue, my Roma clock often shows an hour ahead of UK time on start up, but within 10 minutes changes to UK time. It’s almost like it’s waiting for the gps to update the clock setting. Either that or it’s deliberately set to Italian time on start up.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

16. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    All the best - you won’t be disappointed.

aepma likes this.
  17. aepma

aepma Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Europe
    Nice comparison test between Roma, DB11 and Continental GT
    Spoiler: the Roma wins!

elmadi, vcappp, gw32 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Benjy911

Benjy911 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    Does anyone know what the interior colour is in the AutoCar review?

Is it Tortora?

19. blu308qv

blu308qv Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2008
    Florida
    Absolutely stunning!!! Enjoy.

20. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks for posting. Pretty much what I would have expected of a subjective review of these 3 cars. And why I chose the Roma. But I do love the Conti interior.

21. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Looks stunning! Is that JCT Newcastle??

22. Scott Hawthorne

Oct 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    WiSH
    It is, are you local?

23. PROV

PROV Rookie

Oct 30, 2019
    Middlesbrough, UK
    Almost, Im down in Middlesbrough. Got my CaliT from JCT Leeds, need to check Newcastle out

24. redzak

redzak Rookie

Feb 25, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach