NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 111 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    When you say you drove the car - can you elaborate?

Coincid likes this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It certainly wont be crap, I am sure it will be a great car but could it be better? I think the comments are taken out of context, most everyone here is a Ferrari owner and fan its just we dont want to settle for good enough.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Precisely, lets wait till June 24, everything should be answered by then.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia

Agree Ferrari doesn't make crap. The car will no doubt be a very strong performer. The doubt is whether the design of the car has improved over SF90 and whether all of the elements befitting a proper driving machine are there or, if any of the elements have been further watered back in any way as has been found the case in most of the new models.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The chance that the hybrid car would be anything less than highly capable and attractive would be about zero. The question will be how satisfying and how attractive.

Caeruleus11, Senna1994 and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    You are correct. Size and shape make a difference. I am huge and I have Senna seats. It’s a strange and unusual combination. If you saw me, you would think no way in hell that dude shoehorns himself into Senna seats…and yet I do. Recently, one well known forum member’s wife asked me incredulously, “You fit in a Ferrari?!”

Coincid likes this.
  7. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    How FERRARI Became So Famous & Successful - The History of FERRARI (+ 7 Short Facts)

releod likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Well then you must be a big dude. For me the P1 seats in the 765 are very comfortable - and hold you better - and more so than the Pista seats which I don't mind even if they are a bit boney. But overall the 765 is equally as comfortable as car to drive in comfort mode even though it feels more race car in general.... which I also prefer. But I still really like the Pista even though it does off second best in most areas.

Coincid likes this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    6’6” 265lbs…although depending on how heavy I am going in the gym I can sneak up to 275-280lbs before I come to my senses and taper back down. It’s tight. Not Viper ACR tight, but tight nonetheless. The Senna seats are like a vise on my hips and shoulders.

Shadowfax likes this.
  10. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Are we really debating the 765LT vs. the Pista?

Having been at the track with quite a few 765LTs this past weekend, alongside many other impressive cars (Bugatti Chirons of every kind [yes Chiron with an 's'], Sennas, Senna GTRs, Viper ACR, SF90, 570GT4, Speciale, GT2RSs, GT3RSs, GT3 Cup, on and on), I can confidently say the 765LT is the clear winner on track vs. the Pista.

And yes, I own a Pista that I actually try to drive.

I won't comment on looks because to each their own, but the 765LT wins on track due to the ridiculous grip and downforce. It's just not something the Pista can compete with. I wasn't there the day before when the SF90 took to the track, but feedback from a few drivers was that the SF90 (driver) was just an awfully inexperienced and slow. Unfortunately that meant for lack of a good read on how it could have fared.

There's a lot of people that go on and on about track times, but ultimately, everyone uses their car for their own purpose. If a Pista does it for you at the track, like it does for me, then enjoy it. If it's the 765LT, then more power to you. Either way, you're going to get your ass handed to you by a stock Senna anyway.

11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Best thing to do is own both. :)

Senna1994, JTSE30, SECRET and 2 others like this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2762 Shadowfax, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Yep exactly. But id agree with Secret that at the track the 765 owns the Pista. The 765's in our group stand as proof positive there. That said the Pista is still very quick and very capable on circuit when driven but in the equivalent (driving) situation Pista will get its ass handed to it by 765 every time and that's a fact from what Ive both seen and experienced. I also think it's more than just down-force going on that's behind the spankings so i wouldn't pay too much attention to any suggestion that its just one thing Mclaren is ahead of Ferrari on. It's the whole package of 765 that's doing it and not just one thing and for anyone to suggest otherwise is having a complete lend of themselves.. And this is where Ferrari really need to pull their socks up in their new models and not get so focused on servicing the manbag set of customers just because these types don't know any better or even care for that matter.

Caeruleus11, SECRET and Coincid like this.
  13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I mean no offense to people willing to discuss the benefits of carbon tubs and the overall performance of each model, but graeme's idea isn't a bad one.

Personally, I prefer to read Albert's valuable inputs, ingegnere's detailed analysis of the spy shots published so far or look at isot's incredible renders (just a few examples), all of which are more on-topic than anything else.

Caeruleus11, SVR, Doug23 and 11 others like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Senna1994 and F140C like this.
  15. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    It's not like that there aren't already threads about the topic. For example this one:
    When are we going to see carbon tub Ferraris? | FerrariChat

However it's not always that black and white, at least the start of the discussion IMO was very relevant to the Little Brother topic. There has been a nice dynamic in the discussion that probably wouldn't have been possible in an isolated/dedicated thread.

Gh21631 likes this.
  16. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    It might not make sense to you but what does make sense is that mclaren needed to make the 650S in order for them to be better(in performance stats, in media hype and in marketing) than the 458(2009-2015 6 years mind you) which is the 1st iteration of the V8 chassis after f430. I won't base it by year as it would be stupid not to remember the history of the model when the 12c(2011-2014 only 3 years) came out and on how amusingly short its lifespan that it became the 650s(2014-2016 2 years only but gen 2 already of the mp4-12c) for the main reason that mclaren is losing to an older car so they need to make a new one. Also in terms of MY the 675LT coincides with 488GTB which is a base model that is why the 720S(2017-present again a base model) literally doesn't have a direct competitor so the journalists made an excuse to compare the 488 Pista to it. The comparison I made for the 720S against the SF90/LB is because it is an indirect successor to the V8 non hybrid platform but the most reasonable competitor of the 720S is an F8 Tributo(again a base model).

Don't get me wrong I like the mclaren 720S it's just that it's direct ferrari competitor is either a bit behind on release dates or mclaren is just keen on making a new model every 2-4 years.

SVR likes this.
  17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No, those of us who are reasonable aren’t. There is a group of members here who can’t accept that a Ferrari is the best performance car in any head to head match up in every category. Not accepting and appreciating the reality of modern Ferrari for what it is.

The reasonable among us all state that 765, in terms of pure performance, blows Pista away. If that’s your only criteria then great. If you are more towards usability, luxury, beauty etc. then Pista will fit your needs more.

SVR, SECRET, Shadowfax and 1 other person like this.
  18. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ok so you drove a 720s for a some hours and want to discuss it’s virtues against owners like me and others (that by the way also own Ferraris).
    I feel like we are taking about a certain type of surgery with surgeons and then come a few carpenters saying they also have experience and actually then surgeons have much to learn from them.
    Cognitive dissonance is strong in this forum.

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Lets be frank- you are a bear of a man. How you can get comfortable in these 2 seater super cars is an act worthy of Houdini. Your love of these cars has caused you to accept this circumstance and to your credit, you make the best of each situation to make it work. It truly exemplifies your passion for high performance cars. BTW- The 765 is available with touring size P1 seats. Most, who are average size, find the Senna seats uncomfortable and that is the reason I opted for the regular P1.

Shadowfax likes this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Your post while factually correct lacks context. 12c/650 was a debacle for them and the reason for that was this was their first production car. The model cycles have settled and the 720 replacement is not due till 2023- 5 years after 720.

Now with the Artura being the first hybrid that is not a hyper car, we will see if the LB is it’s direct competitor or if LB is slated above Artura. We don’t know if LB has more or same hp. 8 days to go before LB reveal and we will find out much more where it slots in the pecking order.

Caeruleus11 and Thecadster like this.
  21. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Artura, from a pure pricing standpoint, is more of a 911 TTS competitor. I think it's to compete slightly down-market from the LB (can't wait for a real name). The LB and 720S replacement will be square in each others sights. Mclaren doesn't really have anything to go against the SF90, and nor does anyone else for that matter until Lambo release the hybrid Aventador replacement that hopefully normal sized human males can fit in.

Curious to see what on earth Mclaren do for the 720S replacement. Will it necessitate 4wd? 765 and SF90 are already near dead even as far as straight line speed. Will 720S replacement target Chiron type acceleration? I can't wait to find out.

Thecadster and Gh21631 like this.
  22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It's hard to imagine a car that can out-accelerate the 765 but the 720 replacement will move the game on even further..... and likely monster the SF90 by being ~500 pounds lighter (real world weight, not claimed). An electric front axle seems like a foregone conclusion.

tekaefixe, Thecadster and Jo Sta7 like this.
  23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What he said ^^^^^

Juvendude likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Hey guys- this is a discussion board. People are discussing various topics related to LB here. The current trend in the discussion is whether the LB should have a carbon tub or not. Also whether Ferrari with its new introductions is not putting its best foot forward with regards to performance, hence the comparision to different brands. None of this prevents anyone from posting something else of relevance to the thread. If you want to discuss detailed analysis, spy shots etc by all means do so. No one will complain.

ScottS, Gh21631, Coincid and 3 others like this.