355 - Anyone have this part laying around & could measure for me? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 Anyone have this part laying around & could measure for me?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Targatime, May 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Targatime likes this.
  2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  3. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I had to enlarge the holes slightly -- they were 1-2mm too close together the long way (front to back). Took two mins with a round file. I painted mine black as well.

Ken do you find any problem with the block on the gear lever that rides under the gate making contact with the gate? What's .6mm, the thickness of a couple of sheets of paper? Would be easy enough to add a spacer to get it to 12mm if it's a problem.

4. 0.0.1.99

0.0.1.99 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2012
    Carolinas
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Is it possible that the printing material settled during the print or do we think the dimensions in the STL file should be adjusted?

5. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not sure, tomorrow when I have a few minutes, I'll take a video or some more detailed pictures with a caliper measuring. But they looked pretty much exact other than the thickness

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  7. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    I have used this items and went back to the original type. You don’t want a hard surface like Delrin for the gasket it’s meant to have give in it. That’s why the original version breaks over time from the flexing.

The Delrin item actually gets carved into by the shifter especially on the 5-6 gear selection throw. The gate was rattling a lot with this fitted for me.

Qavion likes this.
  8. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    My experience -- I've had the Ricambi spacer on my car for a couple of years and it works perfectly, no rattling.

Qavion likes this.
  9. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Qavion likes this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Oh dear. I assumed Delrin would be soft. I just paid $180 Aussie dollars for the Ricambi one (Postage included). It's supposed to be an improved version. It has o-rings which may provide some flex and protect the soft panel (depending on which side the o-rings are fitted).

I wonder what the Superformance one is made of?

11. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Should have asked me I have 2 of them in stock new.

Qavion likes this.
  12. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Yours is a 5.2? There are differences with the shift rod mechanism - 5.2 is more adjustable. The hard Delrin type definitely doesn't work too well on a 2.7. The rod carves into the inside edge of the gasket - its meant to have some give.

Targatime likes this.
  13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Yes. My current gasket (I assume OEM because of the cutouts at the back), is very rigid. I can't detect any flex, but perhaps is age hardened. Now broken into 3 pieces and superglue doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, I'll see what Ricambi sends me.

Thanks to all.

14. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Was referring to targatime. Just from experience on the 2.7 its not ideal. For me the stock one is suffice and designed to have some flex for a reason. You probably need to change it out once every 10 years or so.

15. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Yes mine is a 5.2