NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 113 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2801 Shadowfax, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    I've always wondered why some feel the need to object to certain discussion which winds up involving other brands (an inevitable situation :)) - usually making out the greater majority is also in support of their objection - yet are seemingly unable to offer any discussion points or counter-points against the discussion they don't subscribe to other than their cry of foul. Weird..
    Perhaps its a case where a minority belief exists that every car Ferrari offers is simply above question, not to be compared in any way shape or form to competing brands particularly if it threatens to highlight any discrepancies or inadequacies?

As you point out, if there is any LB discussion specific to the car worth adding then why not throw it out there? And if the discussion doesn't suit those select few objecting then why read it - its not compulsory to read every posting particularly if it upsets ones apple-cart.

Coincid and Thecadster like this.
  2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    With current I mean the SF90 platform which is different to the F8 platform. I would have expected that the SF90 platform will be utilized for the next couple of years, but only 3 models in total will make use of it. Little brother will already be the second model. So after that it's just one additional model and then we will see a new platform.

Gh21631 likes this.
  3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    What platform is next ?

4. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    No official statement regarding what's next. They for sure wouldn't want to make too much noise on that considering there are still new models to come on the current platform.

5. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  6. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    Yes of course, but there are no certainties and I have not seen considerable weight savings. The lighter platform should compensate for the weight gain due to the batteries. I hope we got a good result with LB, not a great result on the SF90 Stradale in terms of weight. We wait to see. Not sure if the platform I refer to from 2016 was used on the SF90 Stradale. Development and production insertion times can also be very long.

7. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I have a question, where will this F171 be located in the Ferrari line up?

We have the 812 GTS (I don't know if the coupe is still available) to fill up with emotions with the legendary V12 Ferrari, with a starting price of €300K I think.

Then there is the SF90 Coupe/Spider which represents the top of the performance with its V8 Hybrid with a starting price of €450K I think.

Then we have the last of this line if I may say so, the F8 Tributo Coupe/Spider which is a mid-engine sports car for the road, with a starting price of €220K from memory.

Then we have the last of this line if I may say so, the F8 Tributo Coupe/Spider which is a mid-engine sports car for the road, with a starting price of €220K from memory.

And we have the GT road cars with the Roma (which I find beautiful) and the Portofino M which are the everyday Ferrari with their equivalent price of €200K.

I don't count the Special versions of course.

So with its supposed 750hp hybrid V6 and a fun spirit what will be the price of this F171? €300K? More?

8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    is it the only teaser they've got? and why it features a e-gamer? where is chares, sainz and pier guidi?

Dela and crinoid like this.
  9. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The car is going to be revealed shortly. There has already been 113 pages of speculation about every feature and aspect of this car. Introducing some comparison to another brand elicits complaints about high jacking the thread?

Nonoyeahyeah and Thecadster like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As far as I can tell it'll replace the F8 and be the entry level mid engine car. 750hp.

Loads of power but unfortunately I can't can't excited about the idea of a V6 Ferrari.

Jonathan19, JJ77, 500tr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    #2812 Jonathan19, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Oh so it will replace the F8 Tributo.... Interesting, I imagine that the price will be around €300K, do we know if it will have an Assetto Pack?

Bas likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t know it’s a direct replacement of anything. Ferrari bifurcated the v8 model line into v8 hybrid and c6 hybrid. Let’s see where they position it .

13. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I expect the LB's chassis to be pretty similar to what we have seen with the SF90, so I would rather not expect major weight savings from the chassis itself. Having smaller batteries and less e-motors should make most of the weight savings.

Coincid likes this.
  14. B-side

B-side Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    F140C likes this.
  15. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Based on the camouflaged car, I expect the result to be a design that is very similar to the SF90. The roof shape and the location of the vent seems very similar. My guess is that for those who are impressed with the aesthetics of the SF90, will feel likewise about its downsized little brother or in this age of wokeness - little human.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hopefully they fix a few odd details of the SF90.

Senad and Dela like this.
  17. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    It's replacing the F8. Excluding Port/Roma, it will be V-6/SF90/812/next gen V-12

Jonathan19 likes this.
  18. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    In fact, I don't expect miracles. Considering the transition from V8 to V6, the Mclaren saved 50 kg in this case. Considering the greater heaviness of the aluminum frame compared to the carbon tank, making some changes starting from the F8 Tributo which declares 1330, minus 50 kilos goes to 1280 .... a smaller amount of batteries and electric motors are added due to the rear-wheel drive which I believe will not deviate much from a value of 150kg. In the end I believe they will declare a dry weight between 1400 and 1430kg. Let's see if we get it right we'll find out. Artura declares 1395 kg with carbon tub.

ingegnere likes this.
  19. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Being the Luddite that I am, the Dino was always referred to as a “Dino Ferrari” in my world and I loved it so much! But then, I recently learned that I need to get a man purse since I really love driving Ferraris and don’t care if they are the fastest at the track. A good driver in a Ford Pinto can beat me around the track no matter what I’m driving!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app