430 - The door locks only once | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 The door locks only once

Discussion in '360/430' started by Stuz, Jun 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #26 Qavion, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    I can't see how it's a siren issue as the car is behaving normally depending on when you use the fob. Wouldn't a siren battery issue be evident at all times?

Interesting. So this may mean that the fault is related to something that uses logic with a timing circuit. The timers will be in the Window ECU, but not all lock inputs to the Window ECU seem to be processed the same way (the armrest lock levers seem to be operating normally). Do you know the assembly number of your car? Later model cars have an additional microswitch on each armrest lock lever. That is, assembly number #52140 and after.

Should the windows normally drop a few centimeters when unlocking with the fob? Assuming this is not normal, then that should mean the problem is related to the driver's door logic. However, the lock commands from the passenger and driver's doors use wiring that is spliced to each other before going to the Window ECU. Only the lock/unlock commands from the Alarm ECU use separate wires (and different pins on the Window ECU).

2. Stuz

Stuz Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    T.SUZUKI
    Sorry. I don't remember the assembly number. I will try to find out if I have a picture of it,
    but If I don't, please wait until I see it directly tomorrow. I know where it is.

Exactly.
    The window should not have gone down when unlocked by fob.
    (If you turn the key in cylinder, it should go down)
    So I have the same opinion.

I'm sorry, I think it's because of my English ability, I can't quite understand what you are saying.
    According to the diagrams you gave me, it looks like there is only one wire for each lock/unlock commands from the alarm ECU to the window ECU.
    Do you mean some of wiring from the door to window ECU?

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I did, but I think I made a mistake. Please disregard. I thought there were some splices outside the door, joining the passenger and driver's door together. I think I was looking at the wrong wires. The only splices related to the commands going from the door to the ECU are inside the door. The driver's and passenger's door are not connected. The driver's door may still play a role in this problem, but I don't know how.

I just wish we had some diagrams for the F430 (non-Scuderia). Anyway, with your car's assembly number, we might be able to make some progress.

4. Stuz

Stuz Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    T.SUZUKI
    The assembly number is after 52140.

Qavion likes this.
  5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks. That means your car has a microswitch on the armrest lock lever (instead of a metal rod to the doorlock). The only wiring data I could find on this additional microswitch was in the F360 Workshop Manual. In theory, the new F360 door wiring harnesses should be the same as the newer F430 harnesses. I drew a new F360 wiring diagram with the additional switch (for the driver's door).

https://www.dropbox.com/t/N2psjb1noLDx9FdB

The new switch is "13M"

There may be some wire colour variations (compared to the F430 wire colours).

Unfortunately, I don't think we are any closer to a solution.

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, I used the old WSM graphic in my diagram which doesn't show the location or wiring of the plug "13M"

Here's another wiring diagram for the driver's door with a new graphic (F360 Spider):

https://www.dropbox.com/t/9FrKw9Vv6n11Y16O

Here's another diagram for the passenger's door:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/h01fwEuwwoqjj2j0

I guess, at this point, all we can do is compare driver and passenger door wiring... or start replacing random expensive parts.

7. Stuz

Stuz Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    T.SUZUKI
    The other day, I went to the parking lot to check it again based on the information you gave me,
    but before I do anything, for some reason my 430’s door lock worked correctly.
    The last time I drove, I didn't do anything different.

I've driven several times since then, but the door lock failure hasn't recurred yet.
    I'm still looking for the cause, but I'm having a difficult time.
    If I find out something, I will share it.

Thank you for your help so far.

Qavion likes this.
  8. Stuz

Stuz Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    T.SUZUKI
    It broke again.
    It's the same situation.

I disassembled the doors on both sides and checked all the microswitches, but they were no problems.

Also, the door wiring of F430 and 360 seems to be same.
    I searched based on the 360 wiring diagram, but found no differences.

Anyway, where is the next place I should check?

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry to hear that.

Not really sure. If the problem is intermittent, the fault could still be something you've checked already. The behaviour seems to change if you wait 3 minutes, so perhaps there is a faulty timing circuit in one of the ECUs . Window ECUs seem to have the most circuits, but are rather expensive (even second hand).

https://www.redbaycars.com/webshop.html#!/ferrari-360/products/window-lifting-ecu-360-0x2f-f430-part-nr-234698

Doorlock ECUs are not too expensive (second hand)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/383507401489?

I wonder if the behaviour will change if you disconnect the alarm module (and try to lock the door using the key)?

Perhaps it's time to take the car to a Ferrari mechanic. Sometimes they can faultfind by swapping parts with another car.