Where to find a factory 360 sport exhaust? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Where to find a factory 360 sport exhaust?

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JustinNY

JustinNY Rookie

Nov 28, 2015
    Can someone post an audio clip of their 360 factory sports exhaust (70003654) described in this thread, please :) I know someone will be out this weekend with it.

2. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Rob Chiang likes this.
  3. Henry Venturelli

Oct 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    maddRafiki
    @clean512 wow, that's a good deal. how long did it take you to gather these parts? are you still missing the LH tips?

4. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Its coming from the uk. And when I get that here I'm going to have the tips all ceramic coated. Then the capristo is coming off and all this will go on

one4torque and G. Pepper like this.
  5. Henry Venturelli

Oct 7, 2020
    Full Name:
    maddRafiki
    I heard a lot of different people are taking Capristos (stage 3) off. I am starting to suspect they might be a bit over the top and hard to bare when driving on the highway for a few miles

one4torque likes this.
  6. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    At high rpm its amazing but the low sound is terrible.

7. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
  8. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    Thanks everyone for starting this thread. People including me, generally don't know where to get this CS kit now. Look at the insane price on BaT a couple months ago.

Hopefully I am bringing good news to some Fchatter now. My parts guy at the local dealership was able to source the last 2 sport exhaust kits in the parts warehouse of Ferrari of North America. I don't know about any individual dealer stock, but this is their national stock warehouse. After searching hard for 5 days he told me yesterday. I was so excited and didn't hesitate and bought one kit.

This means as of yesterday afternoon, there is one kit left for sale at MSRP. Here is a photo of my receipt from yesterday. FYI according to him, they don't come with 2 ECU's but I won't push the issue. Maybe I can get them after the fact if needed. I am just happy to get a CS exhaust. Even better, looks like I pre-sold my existing Tubi exhaust before uninstalling it. So the exhaust sonal upgrade is really a no brainer for me.

My new exhaust setup for Northern California: stock cats, stock headers, CS Sport Exhaust + capristo valve controller = smiles for miles. I can post a video link if anybody wants to hear it, once its done.

Shout out to Clean512 let's compare exhaust notes soon!!

I hope an FChatter gets this kit and not some parts flipper for profit.

Cheers everyone
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Be sure this is actually the cs exhaust and not the tubi sport ex.

kes7u likes this.
  10. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    Part number for the kit I ordered yesterday is 70003654 as shown on the photo.
    Can someone please verify this is not another "tubi" exhaust?

11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I hope you're correct.

My research and understanding has always been that the factory Sports exhaust and the CS exhaust are 2 separate entities. I believe the factory sports exhaust is made by Tubi.

I'd be shocked if you are getting a CS exhaust. Is your money refundable?

Kevin

12. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    That is not a cs exhaust where you can clearly see the valve will not bypass the exhaust. Here is my cs restored tip that I had jet hot coated and you can see when that valve opens all the exhaust goes that way and not thur the muffler. That looks like yes a ferrari sport exhaust made by tubi.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rob Chiang and one4torque like this.
  13. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Here is one small video

Attached Files:

14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Holy Guacamole Batman! :)

Sure glad I'm not in the market for one today. $3,999 was full list, IIRC, and I didn't even pay that. And mine is a CS exhaust, as confirmed by FoSA where I bought it.

15. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    I got mine for a fraction of that . When you look hard I got all mine for about 2k

G. Pepper likes this.
  16. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    OK I got clarification from Ferrari SV. There is no complete kit for all the genuine CS exhaust parts sold by Ferrari. They all must be sourced independently. They do have some genuine CS Mufflers in stock now, but the other parts are harder to find.

The 70003654 kit that was ordered for me is what Ferrari considers "the equivalent of a CS exhaust for a standard 360". According to the parts manager has heard many of these cars equipped with the sport exhaust and genuine CS cars side by side and said they are very, very similar. In any event, if I am unhappy with the sound, they will take the exhaust back, no problem. Sounds like it's worth a shot to me. In conclusion, I will try their suggested set up out. Otherwise, we will be modding a 430 exhaust up to fit.

Thanks for your quick reply everyone. I will update when I have some sound to share.

17. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    While we wait for Clean512 and I to have a rev battle between CS authentic and CS adjacent, I messaged a youtuber and he replied with this from his video:

It is supposedly different than the Challenge exhaust. The kit came with a pair of ECU’s which in my case had to be sent to FNA for programming. I believe my part number for the kit was 70000211, they had different versions for Modena or Spider and gated or paddle…difference being the ECU programming from my understanding.

In other words, there are 4 different part numbers for the same kit? Probably due to the heat shield being different?
    Coupe paddle
    Coupe gated
    Spider paddle
    Spider gated

armedferret and clean512 like this.
  18. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects

19. Rob Chiang

Rob Chiang Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 1, 2019
    San Mateo, CA
    Full Name:
    Rob Chiang
    Per Ferrari SV: These ferrari factory racing exhaust with 2 ecu's kits are all discontinued, but should you find one second hand, FYI
    Here are the various kit numbers :

• 70000211 – Modena / Gated
    • 70000213 – Modena / F1
    • 70000215 – Spider / Gated
    • 70000217 – Spider / F1
    • 70001682 – 2005 Spider / Gated
    • 70001683 – 2005 Spider / F1

20. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    It’s essentially just a bypass muffler. If you don’t wanna have a shop make you one, I would just buy the Capristo Twin Sound, It gives you the option to bypass the muffler and it sounds just like CS Racing exhaust.

It doesn’t make a unique Exotic sound like from a Kline, S Line, or Capristo.....We’re just talking about a muffler bypass, something that they install on Corvettes and mustangs all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I just picked up a complete f430 exhaust headers to tips.

I’m going to modify the f430 muffler pipes to fit my 360. Very curious to compare to my cs muffler tips sound.

I have a lighted camera snake… I’ll have a look inside each muffler cs vs 430 to see if any differences.

im an exhaust nerd…

brookliner7 and clean512 like this.
  22. sierra055

sierra055 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2016
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    I can say for sure that the CS exhaust and the 430 exhaust sound different.
    I have the CS on my car and a friend, the modified 430 and his car sounds more brash and tinny if that makes sense?

23. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Is there a real document showing inside each muffler. From most pics it just shows that the CS has the shields and the 430 don't. It would be amazing to actually have a cutaway but that could get pricey.

24. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    This'll save you the trouble, Jeff!

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/cs-silencer-inside-view.622088/#post-147221825

Pics of CS muffler cut out and the link for the F430 muffler cut out in the link from Aldous within that post.

They may look similar outside but the baffling inside is different, whether your ears are sensitive enough to pick up the difference is a YMMV situation

clean512 likes this.