NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 118 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This is a 3M USD V6 car, 1.6 liter: sold out. At least the Ferrari is three liters... ;)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/mercedes-amg-one-spied-making-loud-noises-during-road-testing/ar-AAL6F2t?ocid=uxbndlbing

2. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    800ps!? it's huge.

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I was skeptical of the 3.5L EcoBoost TT V6 in the Ford GT as well, but my Raptor has exactly the same motor in a different state of tune, and I've fallen in love with it. The advantages are that it gets great gas mileage, has more power and torque, and it is a LOT lighter than the old V8. My second generation Raptor will leave a first generation V8 Raptor for dead in a drag race. This also means the nose of the truck is amazingly light, which increases the off road performance. Again, the first generation V8 Raptor can't keep up with me off road either. AND, the Ford GT won Le Mans with that engine, beating Ferrari again, fifty years after the historic 1966 matchup. I'm confident that the LB will be an amazing performer with a TT V6 and hybrid electric power. I'm just not ready for a hybrid yet, but maybe not for much longer. :)

SVR, F2003-GA, jm2 and 3 others like this.
  4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #2929 ingegnere, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    True that the Ford GT loses some appeal because of its V6, despite its specs and performance. The Jag XK220–which was supposed to have a V12 but for emissions and other reasons was changed to a turbo V6–comes to mind as a car that was affected by having “only” a V6. In both these cases, though, these were production based engines so maybe that affected the desirability of these cars.

Porsches with NA and turbo 6s were never really dissed for having a 6-cylinder. I believe with the LB and its bespoke and unusual V6 configuration (with a link to the 80’s F1 engine with the 120-deg hot-V arrangement) can avoid this prejudice. Also, maybe its particular configuration will imbue it with a sporty exhaust tone. Also, the smaller, lighter engine should help its handling dynamics.

As for Ferrari’s next limited production car, if this has a V6 it will need need to be tied into the Le Mans Hypercar to raise its cachet.

SAT4RE, F140C, Thecadster and 8 others like this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree,
    The Ferrari LMH road car should be a very different animal compared with the Laferrari replacement( V12?).
    Much more limited in numbers either (20-25).

Jonathan19 likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s pretty amazing how Ferrari manages to hide the car’s look till the end.
    I mean I always see new picture of the new iPhone BEFORE it comes out , even the new s class but that v6? Nothing
    If it’s this it’s not bad. It’s not beautiful though but im mostly intrigued by the interior as Ferrari has served us the same one since 2010!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY, jpalmito and G. Pepper like this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    ^^ Looks like a photoshopped SF90 ^^ Hope it looks better

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Reminds me of a 308 front end.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    BTW- I like it a lot.

10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yeah, looks like a mix between the SF90 and the SP38, with the J50 wheels. We already know there's going to be a central, large exhaust like the Murciélago/P1, so it's way off.

F2003-GA and 456-boy like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

A few more days to see… hard to tell if it’s that way off..
    Hopefully it is amazing on all levels! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Fer9000, it is time for another tidbit……please

Thecadster likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I think that pronounced spoiler on the camo car is a hoax. When you see the covered car on the Ferrari official teaser it doesn’t look that pronounced.

Dela likes this.
  14. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    I think it might have more in common with the p80/C, certainly in some of it's proportions and at the rear deck - buttress area. Which can only be a good thing.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I think @isot render will be closer to the real deal, even if Albert said it's gonna look even better! (according to him, a mix of SF90/246/250LM).

Any way, I do hope it's amazing and blows us all away.

16. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    sf90/Roma digital cluster (ugly), no-real-buttons steering wheel (ugly), looks-like-manual gearbox knobs (cute), emblem key (ugly from buttons side, and gorgeous from emblem side).
    And without big monitor, closer to the sf90, than to the Roma, I hope.

17. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    sf90/Roma digital cluster (beautiful), no-real-buttons steering wheel (amazing intuitive), looks-like-manual gearbox knobs (nostalgic and simple), emblem key (purposeful from buttons side, and gorgeous from emblem side).

cesman, m3prototype, Crom and 2 others like this.
  18. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    #2943 milannium, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    Not sure if this ground has already been covered.... but how is this different from a Maserati MC20 ? V6 ...almost the same shape...maybe Ferrari will just add some extra electric motors for some extra HP and call it a Hybrid. Does anyone else think these 2 are just the same base car, but one dressed as a Ferrari and one dressed as a Maserati? Kinda like an audi R8 vs a lambo huracan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

daflk likes this.
  19. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    that's only a photoshop

ingegnere likes this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    And a bad one at that.

21. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    The MC20 has butterfly doors. If this new Ferrari has butterfly doors, it's gonna be pretty obvious. If you look at the spy photos of the V6 Ferrari, it has a lot of the same elements at the MC20 , such as the position of the vents, shape of A pillar, roof outline, position of exhausts, overall length, height, stance, shape and position of mirrors, gas cap position... it's the same car . Here is the best side view photo I could find of the f171 and overlaid it with the MC20 photo. Undeniable .

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree but still looks better than SF90....

23. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Looks a major improvement on the sf90 design if LB ends up looking anything like this, although those wheels look crap....cant see them using anything like that....well you'd certainly hope not.

Napoli likes this.
  24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If this is a rebadged Maserati, that is going to make me sad. Truly sad.

Thecadster likes this.