FERRARI 330 GT series 1 - 1964 fpr sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FERRARI 330 GT series 1 - 1964 fpr sale

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Albert-LP, May 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Geeeeze.....lighten up guys!
    He clearly and publicly apologized: "....I have to apologize with you and with the other forum members for being too much rough at the beginning of this discussion. I had to be more polite, as I wasn't at all...."
    None of you has ever made a mistake and then apologized?
    /rant

morcal, Albert-LP and turbo-joe like this.
  2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if I not like someone I never will do business with him. even he would pay me double like to get some from me or would give me what I look for for 50 % less. long time before I did not care about this and was thinking same: business is business - but mostly later had trouble then and problems

Albert-LP likes this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you very much for the advice. I agree, but as the car is not mine It will be the owner to decide what to do and what not: I will only tell him there is also this possibility and not only Ferrari Classiche service. I will tell him my opinion too: my opinion is to go with Ferrari officials only, if you want an assembly sheet or a red book, two services that are always available at Classiche.

This said, the decision is in charge to him: maybe he will prefer the other possibility or maybe he will say ( as I suppose) he doesn't care to buy other papers, as usually who buys those cars sends an expert to inspect it.

ciao

Thank you.

ciao

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    this would be the easiest way

Albert-LP likes this.
  5. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #55 miurasv, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Yes, we all make mistakes, but Alberto did not need to apologise to me and the other forum members, as he did. He needed to apologise to Marcel Massini, to whom his disrespect was shown. He also continued in that same apology post to refer to him a number of times impolitely and disrespectfully as Massini, not Mr Massini, Marcel or Marcel Massini. Although he addressed him as Marcel in a later post, he demanded that Marcel say "please" before stating the mileage, who had politely asked for the second time, a perfectly reasonable request in a discussion about a car for sale.

6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The old saying goes -" treat everyone the way you would want to be treated"

Or be kind to everyone also works......

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #57 Albert-LP, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Marcel, I apologize for the disrepectful tone I used with you. I will have care in the future to speak with you always in the same polite mode as I do with every one else here. Thank you very much for the info about 330 GT 6947: this is something you deserve, as it was the first time I saw them.

Here you are the picture with the mileage shown by 6947 today, as you asked.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I want to thank also the other members, as they remembered me that the polite way to talk with the others is always the best one. I agree, I went off course.

I'm sorry, it won't happen anymore: my fault.

ciao

lbird, readplays, Fennicus and 2 others like this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Thanks for the information.

Marcel Massini

Albert-LP likes this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Records that I own show the mileage of 06947 on 9 June 1969 at 52'565 kms.
    Photo in post #57 shows the mileage of 06947 on 11 May 2021 at 62'664 kms.
    Which means that 06947 in almost exactly 52 years has been driven some 10'099 kms.
    Which is a mere 194 kms per year.
    Here's hope the new owner will enjoy 06947 a bit more.

Marcel Massini

miurasv, fiatosca and Albert-LP like this.
  11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    When the car was owned by my friend family (since 1989), the yearly mileage was that or even less: the car was restored in 1992 (29 years ago) and it's still shining. This said, I don't have any idea about the mileage it did from 1969 to 1989. This car is part of a valuable collection of ten cars, with some that are much more important than this 330GT, including Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Zagato. This is the only Ferrari in the collection and was purchased almost only to have "also a Ferrari".

12. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    #62 3500 GT, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    I’ve no dogs in this fight, but I do know this.

Any time I find Ferrari that I’m interested in (I’m a Masersti guy mostly), I have asked Marcel about the general info Chassis and history, and Marcel has always replied with basic info that he has, gratis/free of charge, something he doesn’t have to do, something which I appreciate very much. Then in kind, I will return the favor of adding any additional information that I know about the car.

In addition, I have given Marcel information on cars that he isn’t aware of , and he’s appreciative of that.

Walter B. (Masersti historian and author) does the same for us Maseratitsi and we all seem to benifit from the sharing of info. Of course a detailed report from Marcel M. or Walter B. cost a fee, as it should.

I appreciate the fact that both of these historians will share with us, and we should share with them.

The same is true of Fabio Collina and Sig. Cozza at Maserati, they are always willing to help and share...if you want more detailed copies and facsimiles, it costs a fee as it should.

Just my .02 Lira...

tritone and christc like this.
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    No more fight, here: I apologized with Marcel, I thanked him for the free info he wrote about 330 GT #6947 and I gave him the info he asked me.

Ciao

Fennicus likes this.
  14. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    For most of us, except the professional dealers, collecting cars is a hobby. Even if we have a lot, or too many of them! So we should be happy dealing with the cars, the mechanics, the other car owners, the restorers and the historians, and even the dealers and brokers, and keep our anger for our business , whatever it is! Although with age, I find it even more difficult to be angry with business, probably because having seen so much, I am seldom taken off guard ( which is the main and biological reason for anger, Adrenalin release helping us survive,,,).

TTR and turbo-joe like this.
  15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    6947 is with the 9th registered Italian owner since 26 February 2014.

Marcel Massini

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Same family since 1989: the car was purchased by the father and registered to the mother. In 2014 the father died, all the cars went to the son, who is my dear old friend. The car never changed garage since 1989, always stayed there (and where she is now).

Ciao

17. vacanza

vacanza Rookie

Jun 12, 2021
    Around the world
    Full Name:
    Vacanza
    Dear Mr. Massini, I am a great Ferrari fan, as an Italian I apologize for this bad figure.
    In Italy there are no 'great experts' and this discussion is proof.
    In Italy we only have a group of people who 'use' Ferrari and Enzo Ferrari's life to 'get rich'. They are 'mercenaries' looking for money and fame, but they are not real experts. I hope this discussion does not spoil his esteem for the 'other' Italian fans of the Cavallino. With estimates