Ferrari Announcing New Sports Car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Announcing New Sports Car

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rossocorsa1, Jun 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I make due with 308hp in my Boxster RS60, but I agree that the last NA 6cyl manual Boxster will be the car to keep. It’s the best sports car value out there. Ferrari used to make up the value deficit with passion, but not any more.

anunakki and Texas Forever like this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm interested to see this car, and expect the performance to be surprising.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well this is definatly not true. Get off your personal preference web sites and do some real research.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Me too! I’m interested about the price. I’m waiting to see if I go tributo or this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caphill and G. Pepper like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

I think most fchat folks wants Ferrari to do 911R kind of product

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ^ @tsky and the same applies to you......
    its absolutely true. no political bias at all, just the facts ma’am.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    They have, for about 30 years now. You can walk into any dealer and buy a challenge car, my buddy just did that. If you want track support the XX program has been going on for 15+ years. If you want to race, the challenge series is open.

8. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yup both valid perspectives.

I would think Ferrari, now being a public company, would want to appeal to more than just the 0-60 crowd. I think theres room in their lineup to appeal to people like me, of which i dont think number an insignificant amount.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I mean even the w16 hit only 1,800 in the 1 of 1 track only edition. Oil change cost? $25,000.

is it possible that we go w32? To hit 3,000 hp?

Say we find out electrical is even more carcinogenic like oil, Of course the world may go back to ICE.

But I’m not able to afford $50k annual oil changes and the 2 million dollar price tag for the next 3,000 hp ice car; so the Tesla plaid at 1,100 hp at $130k seems more pragmatic (to me.)

I will say you are a blessed man indeed, and sincerely glad you can afford it, makes sense in your money no object situation that any mad max-sequel paradigm is completely practical.

kind regards.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Edward 96GTS likes this.
  11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That wasn’t exactly as anticipated either.

13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Please send debunking link

And, if you open the NYT story in a private/incognito window it should be shown.

In the meantime, try these:

https://www.mining.com/lithium-price-50-of-hard-rock-miners-are-losing-money/

https://qz.com/1975325/electric-cars-are-fueling-the-uss-lithium-mining-boom/

https://theconversation.com/politically-charged-do-you-know-where-your-batteries-come-from-80886

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/14/electric-cost-lithium-mining-decarbonasation-salt-flats-chile

https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/features/six-largest-lithium-reserves-world/

Otherwise, please provide references that indicate what lithium mining is in your perspective.

Jack-the-lad and Edward 96GTS like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Paul, I readily admitted that at some point we’ll reach the inflection point where EV overtakes ICE. We’re just not there yet. I think we are still about 5-10 years out. In the meantime, we’ll suffer through some not quite ready for prime time EV offerings, and completely miss out on what should have been an almost unimaginably cool range of final generation ICE offerings. It’s unforgivable. If I come across as bitter, it’s because I am.

I am blessed. In this category of cars, as long as the maintenance is somewhat sensible in the near term, it’s really an afterthought. I had no idea that some people were willing pay $25,000 for an oil change or a basic annual. That’s well beyond my comfort zone, but more power to them.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Off topic- 911r is not a challenge car. I’m not sure how you drifted the conversation to challenge cars lol
    911R is a manual car that has modern performance but modern convenience , challenge series not event road legal !

paulchua and Thecadster like this.
  16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    we are not ready for all electric in 10 yrs.
    that requires replacing millions and millions of cars world wide per yr. the supply chain can not manufacture that many batteries.

Jack-the-lad and Thecadster like this.
  17. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I think you are correct, I’ve been thinking about 5-10 years out as well. The EV offerings are getting better though, and I think those of us who are buying now are definitely still early adopters. But look at this from another perspective:

5 years will come sooner that we all think. If you buy a brand new ICE car now, how difficult will it be to sell in 5 years if most people are looking for/buying EV cars? Classic and exotic are probably exempt from this, as I think they will be in demand by a smaller audience for a long time. But say you buy a brand new Mercedes. How much of a hit are you going to be taking in 5 years?

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Ro55ss

Ro55ss Rookie

Nov 18, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ross Drake
  19. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is not. Purosangue will come mid/late 2022.
    It is the V6, little brother "LB" (see separate thread). Plenty of information there.

Marcel Massini

anunakki and Thecadster like this.
  20. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ok, now I know you're either trolling or too lazy to watch a 2 minute video direct from Ferrari.

anunakki likes this.
  21. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the problem for me is that I don't want anymore hp unless it was something absolutely crazy like the AM Valk which is a game changer and a halo car

i'd rather have a very lightweight ferrari but even if this new car has a carbon fiber tub then the hybrid element will prevent it from being light anyway

22. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I assume in the broccoli analogy you mean EVs are good for the environment and therefore good for all of us. The problem with this is that the discussions around EVs and their environmental advantageousness focus on rather average passenger cars with battery sizes that don't need to feed a an 1000+ hp electric motor and uses cases which expect a certain mileage over a car/battery's useful lifetime. Both parameter, battery size and mileage are crucial for the calculation to determine whether an EV as an ecological advantage over an comparable ICE car. In case of powerful and expensive exotics the characteristics of both parameters go against the the environmental advantageousness of EVs, as you really need massive batteries which makes the initial carbon impact enormous compared to an average car. Plus the fact that exotics get driven a lot less than average cars might most probably make it impossible to reach the critical mileage to compensate the carbon package on the cars' shoulders (i.e. get an advantage over ICE through mileage), not even when assuming exotics would feature just an average size battery.

Edward 96GTS likes this.
  23. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Ferrari lost the plot when it denied customers a gated manual option.

I respect that the market wants the car to shift on its own. I have no respect for Ferrari taking away the option for potential buyers. Porsche hasn’t.

Matt

24. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Stick shifts are slow. If one is selling ultimate performance numbers a car that optimizes itself is required. Most modern buyers seem to want bragging rights, regardless of the actual use of the car.

And that bragging right desire isn't limited to modern drivers. I doubt many 3x8s or 330GTs actually saw serious track time despite being hotrods in their day.

25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Excellent points. I was using broccoli as a tongue in cheek analogy to parents forcing kids to eat it. We’re being forced to like EV and last year in the US EV sales were like 2.5% of overall sales, most all of which occur in coastal elite communities. Meanwhile, my 5 ICE supercars will get about 4000-5000 miles combined this year. Low volume manufacturers should not have to comply with these goofy regulations.