812 GTS production problem | Page 4 | FerrariChat

812 GTS production problem

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by woody byrd, Jun 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Hypothetical Question regarding the issue of shields.\
    If two 2021 GTS cars were "Identical" .
    The car with shields sold for $500K.
    The identical car without shields sold for ?

2. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Thank you for your sage advice. I will be thinking along those lines. Regards,

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    There is more to it than just price. One car might sell in 2-3 months, the other might sit for a year and a half if not more. It may fetch the same price, but it might take a lot longer to sell. That in itself might drive the price down as the dealer is less interested in being stuck with a car they can't move.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RamsHmb likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Impossible to really answer. I understand what you are asking- should there be a market price adjustment to the car. They wont give you that. You simply won’t be paying for the shields- so you are at least out of pocket for something that wasn’t delivered.

I’ve come to find that there are some people who will only buy a Ferrari with shields. Some will only buy them without. Others can go on a car by car basis (thats me). In general, there is a greater pool of buyers for cars with shields, but because those who don’t want shields are usually pretty adamant, they know they have less inventory from which to pick. Thus, you could argue it any way.

While I completely understand those who say its a very expensive car and you should have it exactly how you ordered it; I think in this case, the car has come out very lovely as presented- I would be very very proud to drive it- with or without shields. I would ask the dealer and Ferrari if there is something they can do for you to make up for the fact that you are not getting exactly what you ordered.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

RamsHmb likes this.
  5. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Agree with the post above…I have a Roma without but my other f cars all have them. I do think the 812 looks balanced with them and there will be more that will want then not. Driving zone is another that most will want on the 812. Good luck…painted would be spectacular.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    they may then say they won't make it right, and then have the opportunity to resell it for above sticker.

7. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    it's made at Zanasi, they won't be shipping the car back and forth to Italy for that

8. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    I have no idea. I saw the car booting around Toronto a coupe times and then saw it listed at Humberview Motorsports. I'm sure that relationship would be done with since the dealer has first rights to buy the car back correct?

9. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I wouldn't opt for replacement fenders. The paint isn't likely to match. There are variences in factory paint batches. If you ever re-sold it would come up in ppi the fenders were painted different, would appear as undisclosed damages and scare most buyers.

As far as I can see your only real move is to reject car and get a replacement. Alternatively, you could negotiate a bunch of carbon for the trouble. You're paying half a million for an order and they couldn't be competent enough to once over the order form, you should be fuming. Don't let this behavior go unchecked.

10. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Does anyone know of an Artist on the east cost that could paint these shields as good as Ferrari?

11. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Please disregard this request.

12. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I think that is the case, seeing as FoO is selling a Pista right now. For some reason, I feel like I have seen a picture of the car w/ blue stripes in a similar shade to the stitching, and assumed the gold stripes were applied aftermarket. However, it could have been a digitally altered picture.

13. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    If both cars were side by side in the showroom the one without shields would have to priced much lower than the other GTS to sell in a timely manner. By lower i mean at least 5x what the original shields would have cost when spec'd from new but probably closer to 10x.

14. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire

Here’s the link to the shield painting. Clear coat appears to be applied to car at the end of the process so you wouldn’t want to have them painted on afterwards.

15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    If the GTS without the shields has a better spec and better color It should sell for more IMO