NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 122 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Agree. They need to hire some app designers as well. The my ferrari app was designed by 1st graders. It’s horrible.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I know I’m saying hard to find any leaks at all. 48 hours to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

WHEN it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I would happily take the role to head Ferrari's Multi-Media Design team.

SoCal to az likes this.
  5. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Alberto was saying this is a 100% brand new car from the ground up. Its very important to Ferrari and its future. So they are going to keep it super secret till the end.

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It will be interesting to see if they keep their rear suspension design—the single upper transverse link and the torque reaction link instead of an upper A-arm—that they’ve used since the 458 and that’s been applied across the full range of cars, including the LaF.

Ivinsea, isot and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    SF 90 Owner

Issues so far
    iPhone apple carplay constant disconnection
    Hud not working some times
    Battery error one time no power no engine start. After open close lock x3 and restart, battery still dead with only engine with check engine light. Went to dealer with 20min drive away. Stop restart and error is gone. Diagnosed battery error code and sent to Ferrari. Soft reset and no problem so far.

And people are excited about getting a Hybrid LB ?

This is not entirely new to Ferrari as we have the LaFerrari ( but they also had battery issues ) but i would NEVER get in line at the beginning of these new cars.

They will have a LOT of teething to do.

IMO Ferrari just cant get the electrics right.

babgh, Ash Patel, TopspeedPT and 5 others like this.
  8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    As far as I know, no...but some engineering processes might have been implemented in the following production models to reduce weight, even if marginally.

I've read about similar issues with some Taycans, I guess It's going to be a loooong way before hybrid and electric cars might become bullet-proof.

MANDALAY and Senna1994 like this.
  9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Even then I have questions about long term reliability and durability.

MANDALAY, jpalmito and F140C like this.
  10. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    True enough, issues with predecessor, issues with successor.

Way I look at it, might as well try the v6 for a change.

11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    That's absolutely fair, given the price of high-end models.

MANDALAY likes this.
  12. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Most of these issues were just in the early batch SF90s. At least the cars in london were all resolved after some software updates and soft resets. The current Q2 batch of SF90s haven't had any problems.

MANDALAY and F2003-GA like this.
  13. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    Rear side and tail pieces added to these mules to confuse us with the design of the back half of the car…

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I love the excuses and the brand loyalty is truly commendable, but the most plausible scenario would be most SF90's (like most Ferrari's) are barely driven, sitting at home connected to their tenders 24/7/360 so they are on safe ground.

I would agree with Mandalay that Ferrari's track record with electrics is not good so to suggest ever since SF90 a cure all has suddenly been discovered is nothing short of miraculous and, dare I say wishful thinking at its very best. But I do like the way you're thinking. If only it were true.

MANDALAY, vij23, LVP488 and 3 others like this.
  15. polishhammer83

polishhammer83 Karting

Sep 30, 2012
    That's the codename for the new exhaust system they will have to employ to achieve a pleasing engine note...

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Dadr likes this.
  16. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Don't really understand how it's an excuse when I'm just stating what's happened locally. I drive mine for around 30 miles per day so I guess I'll let you know if there are problems. But so far so good.

Doug23, fil and Alvega like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3044 Shadowfax, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Sounds great but I just hope you realize you would have to be in the extreme minority so lets all hope all for your sakes all remains trouble free from now and into the future. The excuse part came into play where you were answering for all others, which lets face it sounds quite amazing, unless of course you are singing the dealers feedback/assurances SF90 that Ferrari's new wonder child's electrical problems and gremlins have suddenly/miraculously now become a complete thing of the past.

Let's just say that as a Ferrari owner ,who also knows other Ferrari's owners of past and present models, that whilst I applaud your personal feedback as being positive, I remain unconvinced. But its a lovely thought to have nonetheless and concur this is how it should be at this (high) end of the sports car market - especially given the significant dollars spent - as in trouble free running with no need to stuff about with tenders and the likes least of all faced with any inconveniences.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    These amazing exotic cars are to enjoy looking at AND most importantly, to drive.

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  20. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Absolutely! Its also a pre requisite that they start as well when you actually go to drive them! And stay running while you are driving them!

MANDALAY and Coincid like this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Ferrari, over its esteemed history, has been plaqued with many electrical, tech and an assortment of other gremlins small and not so small. The new hybrids are vastly more complicated machines than those in the past. It would be somewhat unrealistic to believe, that they will be trouble free. The real concern will be what happens once the factory warranty expires and major issues like battery replacement and the like transpire.

MANDALAY likes this.
  23. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    a lot of criticism for this turbo hybrid creature :D but I bet it will sell as good or better than glorious GT3 without all this turbo and other electric crap

24. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

We've been discussing the extensive use of camo on this car, especially on the rear half. This image makes that observation very clear and defines the lines where the camo is applied to the car. That entire red section I've outlined looks like a formed foam piece applied over the actual body. Furthermore, if you look at the left flying buttress, you can see this formed piece offset slightly from the body. They are doing more to hide the shape of this car than I've ever seen them do on previous models.