Corso this weekend? | FerrariChat

Corso this weekend?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by DefunctNeurons, Jun 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Might finally be able to get down to it. But before I show up I want to make sure I won’t be the only one (again)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    There was some surprise plan that was alluded to.... (insert ATL joke about not getting shot?)

sjd

3. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I saw that on the previous Corso thread, which prompted me to ask on this one. I would feel better *not* meeting in a parking lot in Buckhead, but mornings seem relatively safe. I guess?

4. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    I liked the FoA location. Even the abandoned car wash lot next to it would work.

5. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I was very late to that one but it was nice. See everyone’s personal cars as well as showroom stuff. Wonder if that could be used on at least a semi-regular basis?

SpencerMarks and Oz-ATL like this.
  6. 458Doug

458Doug Rookie

Sep 24, 2016
    racecar not ready for Road Atlanta so ready to join Saturday!

7. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I got the email for corso...not gonna spoil it for Tom. LOL

sjd

8. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Email?! How do we get on that list?

9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    LOL ask tom. might be an FCA thing?

sjd

10. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Are you a member of FCA ? Not a requirement for the Corso meets, but it would help as the new email system is rolled out for the GA chapter so you won't miss the notices of events. From your "prez-elect", hint hint ;)

430jm and steved033 like this.
  11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Corso time again. In this installment, we'll be heading over to Sports Car Service - at Stephens Court right across from the old FAF location. Ron Reineke has been generous enough to host us this month.

The email invite is for FCA members - so if you want the invite directly pls. join the club. I try to post it here .. but I'm far from perfect so if its a busy week... I may not get it done!

Hope to see ya'll there! This is for Ferrari's only, but we welcome all visitors!

Thanks
    Tom

Attached Files:

430jm, DefunctNeurons and steved033 like this.
  12. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Cody, of course I’m a member

13. DefunctNeurons

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Not sure why I’m not getting the local club emails. I definitely get the National Club emails. Any way I can update the list?

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Ironically, I won't be there, but my car will be! :confused:

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  15. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    I’m an FCA member too and don’t get the emails either—would have planned for this if given more prior notice!

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Send me your email via Pvt message and I'll add you to the list. as for The Ga Chapter of FCA we have had a leadership issue. Paul Kountz was made President, but he has not been active since before COVID. Cody Laird has been nominated as VP - Effective President of Ga. Chapter FCA. However club rules etc... prevent us from getting a good list. I would highly recommend sending a note to National Leadership so we can get this cleared up. I hate to be so direct on a public website - but that is the reality. It's not fair to Cody to have him be a leader and have one arm tied up. I'm also a Vp ... but it's the same deal for me I'm using a list I had from 2.5 years ago when I was the chapter pres. so if you are a club member and re not getting my email - that is why. pls send my your contact and I;ll add you to my list.

we are planning some different locations for CORSO - kind of like what Matt LaMarsh is doing for the Porsche club.... stay tuned.

430jm and DefunctNeurons like this.
  17. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I sent you a message from FCA portal - We are working on a new email system that makes it much easier for the local chapters to send emails to some or all members. It's been painfully slow to happen and in comparison to other clubs, just archaic.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  18. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Were you an FCA Member living in another area of the country prior? When I renewed my membership, I changed my address, however, it wasn’t recognised for some time. If I remember correctly, it wouldn’t let me change my address on the FCA website. I was still receiving emails from the former chapter for a couple of years.

19. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Great time yesterday at Sports Car Service. It was a good turnout and Ron was an excellent host!! Enjoyed looking at all of Doc’s cars, an amazing collection of BMWs, Mercedes SLs, Alphas, couldn’t count them all. A group of us also walked across the street to the old Ferrari dealership FAF, the original Ferrari Dealer sign is still there! Along with some nice vehicles. Terry showed us around a little, he worked for FAF and is still there all these years later. Thanks again for hosting us Ron!!

20. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Sorry I missed you all. Italian car italian'd on me. Washed it to be somewhat presentable, tried to leave, and then chased a misfire for part of the day that turned out to be a dirty MAF. Put the new spark plugs in that i've been meaning to do as well.

Runs like a champ now.

sjd

21. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    Did anyone (else) take pics? (I know Gatorrari didn't go to this one, our resident photographer)

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    My thanks to Ron Reineke at Sports Car Service for hosting! Sadly I was not able to be there as we were out of town. look forward to next month.... where will it be?

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As I've always said,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    These count more as documentation than art, but here you go.

And thanks again to Ron for hosting!

Attached Files:

25. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    How the heck does anyone get involved in these local events without being FCA member?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat