What's For Dinner? | Page 702 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Thanks…no vino last night, trying to only imbibe a couple of days each week.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Is that a fish patty or onion ring on top of the burger? Looks good other than there's no way to fit that in your mouth!! ;)

I took some burger meat out of the freezer. Might make burgers or might make meatballs. Haven't decided. Tonight it was the last of the NY steak and a big salad again. Sadly threw out the rest of the octopus, it just wasn't that good re-heated.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I should say so! One needs an extra workout when your fries come in a pail!

T

4. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Onion ring
    and it all squished down wtih the soft bun and fit perfectly :D

Jdubbya and arizonaitalian like this.
  5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I stopped at the store and decided to grab things to make stuffed portobello mushrooms. Spicy Italian chicken sausage and a bunch of veggies topped with a little cheese. Yumm.

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    JCR likes this.
  8. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Come on now! Get on the varsity team!

tomc and arizonaitalian like this.
  9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Careful, Beaks is gonna come here and tell you how terrible wqgyu is because it's not all lean meat. :D:p

tomc and arizonaitalian like this.
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Beaks needs to focus on the orange crop forecasts* and stop lecturing people on beef!

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Pizza. Night before last.

Zoodles with a melange of peppers - shishito, Fresno, serrano.

T
    * Trading Places (1983) reference

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Green olives on pizza?! Don't think I've ever tried that before. What else did ya toss on there? Looks tasty as always.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks. They were spicy Sicilian olives. Three of our tomato plants are producing real well right now, so the sauce was homemade - tomatoes, basil, oregano, S&P. I threw a couple of Thai chilies in for my pizza...T

arizonaitalian and Jdubbya like this.
  13. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
  14. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Made the mistake of getting an Oreo Cookie Blizzard at DQ, before dinner. It filled me up and I skipped having a real dinner.

Taking my mom to aunts for a visit today. Plan to get late lunch/early dinner. Not sure what yet. Maybe the rotisserie chicken chain Swiss Chalet. Its a CDN chain that is more popular in Ontario, I think we only have two locations left here.

15. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  17. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Since I had some hamburger out I decided to try the onion smash burgers previously posted. I got some garlic scapes in my last CSA veggie box so chopped one of them up and threw it in with the onion then sliced up a fresno chili to add on top. I decided to try one other thing, I put a bit of shredded mozz on top of the burgers after they'd been flipped, then I flipped them back over cheese and all.

This was the ticket!!! The onions were nice and carmelized by then and the cheese crisped up a bit to go with it. Little bite from the pepper and it was a tasty burger. No bun, just put it on a plate and had some sliced tomato on the side. Yummm.

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Molto bene! I have a pizza in the oven and I'm now craving chicken parmegiana! Top shelf Jason. That looks top notch...T

arizonaitalian and TexasF355F1 like this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No pics? ☹️

What's CSA?

T

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dang it, Max. Every time you pay about blizzards, I get a hankering for one. I need the 1000 calories like I need a hole in my head!

T

max930 likes this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK. My grandma always told me to stop exaggerating. I misspoke on the Blizzard.

From the internet...

"There are 1140 calories in a Large Oreo Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Most of those calories come from fat (34%) and carbohydrates (58%)."

More pizza tonight. Wife got Wewalka thin crust half off at Kroger PLUS a coupon over the weekend. Score!

Only issue is they're short days. So, I've been making a bunch with excess veggies in the crisper and freezing them.

Tonight is peppers. Bell, Fresno, Thai, shishito, Fresno. Plus sautéed onions.

T

arizonaitalian and TexasF355F1 like this.
  23. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    No pics, I'm lazy and don't switch my phone very often. :)

CSA= Community supported agriculture. Basically just a small farm, if you can even call most of them that, this guy does it mostly on just a city lot around a house. You pre-pay during the winter so they have money to buy seeds/supplies, then they either deliver a box of farm fresh goodies during the summer/fall, or some you go pick up.

I started one years ago where he just had a small farm stand and you would go pick out what you wanted for the week and he'd deduct it from a little ledger. He retired and sold his place several years ago.

I just started using this new one last year, he just delivers a box of stuff of his choosing every other week. Only thing I don't like about this one is he seems to grow a lot of things like beets and different root veggies that I'm not the biggest fan of. But he also does lettuce, peppers, got a few carrots last week. Overall it's pretty good stuff usually.

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks Tom.

I did things different this time hoping for a crispy chicken at the end, but still can't quite figure that out. I preheated the dish before putting the chicken in, which I rested after cooking in the pan. Probably just need to use less sauce. Tasted good anyways. It's been in my fridge since last friday, so it was getting to the stage where I question about throwing out chicken. But I decided to go for it.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Think it'd be hard to crisp up the chicken after baking it in a sauce. Maybe less sauce or sauce it up after baking?

T

TexasF355F1 likes this.