Sold - 1961 BMW Isetta | FerrariChat

Sold 1961 BMW Isetta

Discussion in 'Cars' started by davenichols, May 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davenichols

davenichols Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Ok F Chatters, here is one you won't see on here every day. I can tell you this car gets serious attention from all ages when it rolls down the street (80% of it is positive). 300 cc's of single cylinder, BMW power. This little car actually saved BMW from going out of business, as they needed to find a car they could see in large quantities. Originally designed by ISO, these little cars were even entered in the 1954 Mille MIglia where they took the three top spots in the economy class, averaging a top speed of 43 mph! This older restoration, runs and drives quite well, and has had a very recent carb rebuilt. It has a blistering top speed of approximately 53 mph ( +/- depending on wind), and can carry your family of three (see photo).Always a huge hit and any car show or Cars and Coffee event you will attend. Very complete, and everything works. Asking $25,000 USD. Restored cars are now $50-$60k.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gianni360

Gianni360 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    OrlAndo, FL
    Full Name:
    Jon V
    Hey Dave, do you mind sharing who did the carb rebuild for you? I've got a 1957 and I'm looking for somebody to rebuild the Bing. Thanks!

3. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    HI, I just had a guy who works on all my stuff do it. I remember years ago having a guy rebuild the entire engine and trans for another one I had, and I believe he was in North Carolina. I can dig up his contact information if you like.

4. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Price reduced to $24,000 USD. This car will be the most fun you ever have !!!!!!

5. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Funny, two F-Chatters in SC each have one.

6. davenichols

BANNED

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Maybe I will get lucky and another SC F Chatter will buy it, and that will make a trio from here that own them. They really are great little cars, and excellent investments if you look at how they have been climbing in the last few years.