F355 Market | Page 262 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Per service records full major with valves just completed. Vin search indicates old records for headers. Car is turn key.

Wsmatau likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Solid number. 5 yrs ago it was a 50k car. 355 will get to 2x 993tt

Yassa and tres55 like this.
  3. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Agreed it was a solid number. I think it was still close to a 100k car 5 years ago.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Resale red. I'ts not dead. Just sayin.:)

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    With respect ...no it won’t, not even close. The 993TT is a big deal for Porsche guys, and there are a lot more of them than Ferrari guys. Plus the number of units is what, about half of the 355? Then, for guys who like to add power, really easy for the 993TT.

Wsmatau likes this.
  6. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1995-ferrari-f355-gts/

The market has spoken and I agree with John (it has peaked). This was a fully documented low mileage well optioned example that appeals to most buyers. Any serious buyers were watching this auction regardless of venue. BaT might have given more exposure but I doubt it would have significantly changed the overall price of the winning bid.
    Although 355s will be collectible and continue to increase in value over time, I think the "bubble" has paused. It is feasible it bursts or even somehow sees increase next Spring, but I think a slight pullback and level off is more likely for the next few years. As post pandemic normalizes and people have more options to spend disposable income, it will only go to further cool the market as fall/winter approach.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    15k mile is not low. 3k miles is low. even in f40 land.

8. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You can't really speculate on what happens with emotional purchases. Those emotional will be emotional. If the buyers are buying as investments to flip for profit then it will cool. If its a mix then all bets are off on which way it goes. No way to tell who is buying with out some research which no one really cares anyhow. One thing for sure, we saw with muscle cars, those retiring have disposable income and will pay dearly. Eventually that cools too except there are fewer 355's than Chevelle's. No way to tell... its all speculation. Its fun, but speculation. 355's are not beanie babies though that I do know. It's a Ferrari. The name alone carries cache and with new ones being absurdly priced and arguably not as pretty, it will be fun to watch as 262 pages has demonstrated.

9. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    That is a different debate. I'm not one to say X,000 miles per year is "low" however I think there are obvious "break points" that are largely community dependent. I'm new, but I'd consider anything under 10K as collectible and anything over 30k driver quality for a car this age. As nice as this example is, I wasn't classifying it as a collection/concourse type car.

10. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    I predict the 355 GTS stick will command Dino money $$$ within the next 3 to 4 years :)

Yassa, ShineKen and tres55 like this.
  11. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Agreed, I guess I didn't consider the buyer that views the car like a pack of gum at the checkout line ;)

And you are right about muscle cars to an extent. Although the production numbers are staggeringly different, so is exposure to the car itself. Muscle cars are nostalgia as much as they are meeting a goal or reward (which enforces your comment on emotion).

steved033 likes this.
  12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    "johnk has left the chat..." :p

sjd

ShineKen likes this.
  13. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    OK, but you have to acknowledge you are biased ;) I for one hope things cool back to ~$100k so you can sell me one next fall :rolleyes:

Yellow Compass and JSinNOLA like this.
  14. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    If that’s true then why not just buy 10 of them to flip for the implied return you predict?

15. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Mike would if he could find 10 for sale.

Yassa, tres55 and Yellow Compass like this.
  16. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    In the last five years I’ve bought 10 of them
    I am still holding some of them back
    I really believe this car will command very strong money in five years from now maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong who knows and who cares let’s all enjoy our lives :)

Yassa, tres55, ShineKen and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    All great fun to watch. Whichever way it goes, we all agree on that! :) When's the next BAT one!

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Nicely done!

rob lay and Yellow Compass like this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Considering it only takes two to tango. Venue does matter. The venue that gives you the most eyes will have a higher chance of giving you a better result.

10k views (Pcar) vs 23k views (BAT).

36k followers vs 260k followers on Instagram.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I had an opportunity to purchase a 15k Red/Black GTS in 2012 from New Jersey. Seller was asking $69k.

I wanted to fly in to do the deal, but bad timing. Hurricane Sandy was on the move and the seller had to move the car around. 1-2 weeks went by and I could not get a hold of the seller. Figured things were bad out there so I didn’t want to be annoying. 6 months later an fchatter posts pics of the car in Miami… the new owner.

Wsmatau and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Worldwide production numbers:

993TT: 6676

F355 manual GTB/S: 5900

tres55 and Yassa like this.
  22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I will gladly swap my 1/529 355 GTS F1 for a 993TT in the same condition. Any takers???

Shark01 likes this.
  23. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    #6548 Yassa, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Prices have steadily been going up for a while now. Chances are they'll keep doing that over time. I dont see the 355 coming back to 60k anytime soon. We can speculate all day and night and it won't change a thing. Worldwide the 355 is loved and it shows and this is the driving force in the price hikes over the years imo. The US never showed as much love to the 355 as the rest of the world did but its catching up now. Enjoy it boys!

tres55 and ShineKen like this.
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Respectively.....no it won’t, not even close. The 993TT is a big deal for Porsche guys, and there are a lot more of them than Ferrari guys. Plus the number of units is what, about half of the 355? Then, for guys who like to add power, really easy for the 993TT.
    Oh you just want to cherry pick a couple of configurations.....LOL

25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Nope, according to Ken, your configuration is not worthy