F355 Market | Page 264 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    ... and that can be measured with 100% absolute certainty? 13k more views and 230k more Instagram followers couldn't have produced at least 1 more motivated bidder/buyer? For the record, I agree the Pcar result is close to actual market value (hence my disappointment) . However, it is not far-fetched to believe BAT could've commanded a 10% higher result.

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    A lot, especially for those of us who saw the incredible garage shots of that car when you had it. :cool:

3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I don’t believe views convert directly to higher prices on specialty cars. People shopping for a 355 are familiar with fchat. Pcar advertises here and the car is heavily discussed which is where the buyers feed to Pcar from. They also advertised it on Hemings so it obviously was know to those in the market. As buyers are filling their orders and guys with cars are willing to put them up for sale due to higher prices the market will turn. Take a look at BMW Z8 prices and see the same thing happening, although they’re farther ahead on the curve as like cars fail to make 80% of what they had 6 months ago. That’s going on for BAT auctions too…

BOKE and ShineKen like this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If you still had it and considered selling, what is the lowest price you would take?

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You see 30k in service. People will stumble across that kind of stuff searching and prices will go down.
    My prediction price is go down.

I hope I'm wrong and prices keep getting driven by irrational exuberance.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I think other than views BAT is a bit more trusted (for me at least) as the responses aren't censored like Pcar and afaik the parent company isn't a dealership.

7. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    IDK, and frankly, I don’t really care. I really enjoyed that car, as I did with all of my others 3 355s I owned.

Since that one, I’ve enjoyed so many other unique and other rare cars.

All have been fun. From Lamborghini to fire trucks. Check the owners forum.

Life is short. Values don’t matter. Buy what you love. Cars aren’t an investment. There are better options out there if your looking to make money.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Only asked because you wondered what it would bring :).

9. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    $30k on recent servicing, for starters, is due to neglect or deferred maintenance. Or valve guides, header upgrades, etc.

Secondly, $30k will start mattering less and less as values continue to climb. When they're $300k cars, who really cares if it needs 10% to make it perfect?

$30k service mattered when the cars were $60k. And frankly, so many cars had a rough life because the values got so "cheap" at one point. People neglected them because they couldn't afford them. Which in turn, makes well kept examples even harder to find now...increasing their values even more.

Ferrarium likes this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  11. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Dude...he's comparing PCARMarket results versus BaT...

Calm your tits. :D

Also what's the details of your F1 GTS? Since they haven't appreciated at all I'll buy yours.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Marc. Both cars have clean titles and paint work. Both cars NOT hit. The BAT car has a front, rear bumper and hood repainted. Try again.

Any 355’s doing that you ask? You know how hard it is to find 2 very comparable cars where one is selling on BAT and one selling on Pcar days apart? Getting that type of data is like hitting the lottery. Yet, I brought you that data … which should at the very least bring doubt in the argument- number of views (or perhaps venue) doesn’t matter.

14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Ken also proved he is out of his element on Porsches. Do you really think views or a few sales results actually matter ???

My car has 8300 miles on it. Original owner. I will gladly swap my 993TT in the same condition. Interesting 2.0 liter 911s would also be considered. Too bad this thread isn't in the classified ads section of the site.

You boys can fight it out between yourselves.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

steved033 and Targatime like this.
  15. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Both cars sold over MSRP. How many average 355s are doing that???

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I wasn’t addressing that point in my post. I’ve never claimed 355’s are getting more than 993TTs (if anything, that’s my complaint) or 355’s commanding over MSRP. Heck, I’m not even sure what 355 msrp even was. Not sure what your point is asking me that question.

My specific post/examples was meant to address the possibility number of views or preference in venues “could” result in different auction results. Does that seem like a far-fetched idea or something?

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Marc. What have I posted about Porsche and the 993TT that is inaccurate? Please clarify. Please quote it.

18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    For what it's worth...MSRP on manual Berlinettas was around 120-130k USD. They're routinely selling for more than that in driver quality cars at this point.

Also, comparing a 993TT (arguably the most desirable 993 variant) to a manual GTB 355 is an apt comparison as they're both (again, arguably) the most desirable of the two.

The 993 had plenty of variants. You can't just compare the Turbo to all of the 355's.

I've personally had a 993 RS and a 964 RS. Both fantastic cars...neither have the soul of the 355. That's why I think they're still undervalued.

ShineKen likes this.
  19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Here’s some relevant data pulled from classic.com. I only included U.S cars sold at auction houses (mostly BAT & Pcar). YTD numbers (Jan 1st - now).

Manual F355 coupes: *GTS currently has a $15k premium over GTB median price.

7 cars total. Avg price: $137k Median Price: $135k

Same data pulled for 993 Turbo (Turbos S not included)

10 cars. Avg price: $162k. Median Price: $160k.

20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    ard

Exactly. These are just cars I always say. :)

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    That is such a BS statement. If you bought the car when it was $60k and it appreciates to $300k it doesn't mean you are otherwise in a better position to dump $30k into it. What is means is that when the cars are $300k the number of potential buyers will be fewer. And if they are spending $300k on the car a discriminating buyer isn't going to expect it to need $30k more to make it right.

22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nope its the opposite. there are more buyers of a 300k car with expensive service than there are when the car is at 60k. and this whole idea that a 355 is expensive to maintain vs other cars is complete urban legend. a major is 7500 bucks every 5 tp 7 years. peanuts.

tres55, carnutdallas and INTMD8 like this.
  23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #6598 johnk..., Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    That's not what I said.

But at either end of the price scale, if the car needs $30k worth of work it's going to sell for significantly less than a car that doesn't need 30k worth or work. If it has receipts for $30k worth of work it's not the buyer's problem either way.

When the cars are worth $1M, these will both be worth $1M because, heck, it will only cost $100k to fix the one on the left. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Actually, the one on the left will be worth more because it appears to have carbon seats. :rolleyes:

24. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  25. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Damn, even the digital rendering of the F355 will be worth a million?

I really missed the boat on this nft thing