NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 150 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    tttttttttttthisssssssss is an interesting comment. :D

tekaefixe and Gh21631 like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So many find the car stunning, others think it is nice but not gorgeous while others are disappointed.

If the MSRP is $450K , it will not sell well.

Gh21631 and Shadowfax like this.
  3. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    So now you are only wanting to compare a car if their performance figures are the same. As well as same price area smh…..

Factors for a close comparison

-V6: Both

-Launch date: with 3 months

-Market section: Same/ similar

-Turbo: Both

-Electrified: Both

-Price: Not official from Ferrari yet but 30% – 40% difference

-Design/Look: Personal with some form equal function factors

-Weigh: Similar

As for Hp as both above have a similar setup clearly Ferrari has produced a much better result in that area.

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    interesting little rear spoiler flip up.

5. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think the idea of that goes with the fun to drive idea (go-kart) less downforce is need due to lower centre of gravity. plus less downforce will add more feeling. Thats my though anyway

Roger Roach likes this.
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    where is the hybrid motor located?

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

I am curious to see how real world performance is for both models. I am betting they will be comparable but one will be $150K less than the other. I do believe the Arturo and the 296 will be head to head but some will prefer Ferrari because its a Ferrari which is their prerogative.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    ohh boy... like I think we know Ferrari is Ferrari....or are you getting at something else we need to know.....as in which brand is the superior man bag? Well I think we know that too.:)

Gh21631 likes this.
  9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    They announced 269k Euro that include taxes. So I'm guessing US base 320k

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtr6HQmA-NQ&t=12s

graeme355 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Solid State and crinoid like this.
  11. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I wonder if the 296 is also expected to bring folks into the brand (like the Roma)

This car should be crazy fun on a track

I kind of think for the street, this thing is so over powered, it will be breaking loose a lot, so less experienced drivers will find themselves in trouble before they know it

12. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think this is finally one of those times where Ferrari have produced the Better car (Not blind love for the brand based) with the information at hand. Like you can't wait for real world details. Personally I find the Arturo borning and lifeless as for looks she a dog but thats my personal view. I respect other will feel the opposite.

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Either way you wouldn't unless you wanted a big hit on your F8

Shadowfax likes this.
  14. sailfly

sailfly Karting

Dec 21, 2020
    Like @Gh21631 said, using Demuro's statements as evidence doesn't really give yourself the best impression. If you applied his same logic on just the 458/488 platform you would find many more transgressions.
    I guess everyone has a different view but I don't know how you can view this as a direct competitor against the Artura when this is very clearly meant to replace the 488/F8 level car and the Artura was meant to replace a tier (both in price and horsepower) below.

Going back to the topic at hand, I'm not really a fan of the current generation "face" seen in the F8, SF90, and now this. The slanted eyes combined with the creases in the hood just seem to aggressive and unharmonious with the rest of the body. Focusing further on the front the lower front spoiler juts a bit too far out giving it an underbite. The 250 LM mid and rear is perfect though. Maybe the next generation will fix this.

Senna1994, ScrappyB and BJK like this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ive been around long enough and have had enough cars to know that quoted spec's only tell part of the story. If you prefer to believe what you've been told vs. what you will see that is your prerogative. In regards to styling, I think they look similar in some ways but I am not a buyer of either. I would rather buy another Pista.

16. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    I believe the e motor is sandwiched between the ICE and the transmission (similar to my NSX and the big brother SF 90)

This approach allows them to ditch the starter motor

The ICE starts instantaneously from the e motor and no cranking sound

17. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That is why i stated based on the info at hand and that I look forward to the real world details. the HP is a big difference that wont change that much from paper to road. I also take reviews from car mags with a grain of salt. The Pista would be my #1 love from Ferrari in the last 20 years

Viperjoe and Gh21631 like this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #3743 MANDALAY, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Like it ? Yes . Buy it ? No. Absolutely hate the roof . Nissan ,Koenigsegg style

Like I said all along and confirmed the 296GTB is not a F8/ 488 GTB replacement . Its a new segment. The F8 will sell along with the 296GTB for some time especially the Spyder. Looks like the 296 GTB wont be a spider.
    That position relegated to the Portofino M which the M is the go between until the new Portofino with V6 2TT electric is released.

IMO pricing will be Pista price. It needs a bigger gap to the F8 / Portofino

What gets me is Ferraris change in aero. Not questioning them as hell they have their very own wind tunnel but i just dont get it.

First you have whiskers ( Italia ),
    then some flaps that open ( Speciale ),
    then a double front lip ( 488 GTB ) ,
    then a S-Duct with the bumper having side openings ( Pista )
    then a smaller S-duct with side openings ( F8 )
    then a modified S-Duct on the bonnet ( SF90 )

and now NO openings , No s-duct, No flaps and just a small 12 inch spoiler under the front bumper. Is Ferrari just trying something new with every model. I just dont see any kind of evolution.

They should have called it a Dino.

If someone changed their Pista for this they need their head examined.

Viperjoe and Shadowfax like this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    To all future buyers however lets hope you dont suffer the same issues as the centrally located Turbos in the BMW M50I. Ask those owners how long their engine lasted.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Quote from Motortrend
    Ferrari is short on specifics, except to caution us from perceiving this car as an entry level offering like the first V-6 almost-Ferrari. European outlets are reporting a 269,000-Euro price which converts to $321,000, with deliveries "in 2022."

21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #3746 Shadowfax, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    In terms of wider design acceptance the Ferrari population saw Pista as an immediate WOW. The F8 upon initial release had many questioning whether Ferrari had stitched on a different rear end from another brand, and there were other areas of styling critique many were not totally comfortable with. As time progressed the F8 has become wider loved as many of the former critics steadily came to terms with it.

At this early stage 296 appears to be receiving a better acceptance than F8 and whilst design elements such as the roof and side glass lack cohesion i'm sure over time the design will overall appear more attractive as say what happened with F8.

But no, 296 is not the hit like the Pista was, and it really should have been given it's the 488/F8 replacement! This lack of unquestionable WOW in 292 is most likely due to the design team having to find a way clear of SF90's polarizing design without leaving it sitting completely on top of the scrap heap....which is where it will eventually find its way to (for very obvious reasons).

I expect the update to 296 will adopt more a cohesion design with more immediate WOW.

Thecadster likes this.
  22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    If you don’t think McLaren/Ricardo can keep up or lead in the horsepower wars, then you haven’t been paying attention the last several years. The Artura power levels were predetermined to fit into the chosen price/performance bracket, and the engine tuned accordingly.

The 570S has the same basic block and engine architecture as the 800(+) hp Senna. Turbocharged engines have enormous breadth of tunability.

Let’s revert once they’ve configured their V6 for the 720 replacement…. assuming it’ll use a V6.

sailfly and Dela like this.
  23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    $45,000 more than an F8? Ah Hell No!

Gh21631 and Senna1994 like this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Maybe Ferrari will be kind and start the base price at 300k but I don't see it being lower than that

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just got word US base price around $375k.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat