NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 151 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Really? I thought the f8, sound aside, was well liked from the get go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You should go back and read over the threads at time of f8s release.

kwanmacher likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

If true better off buying a car like an 812 that won’t depreciate.

Pis7a2020, Thecadster and Dela like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Fair enough. Personally I find it good looking ;)

5. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think you need to learn to read what people actual say. i.e. pay attention.
    Don't put your own spin on my words as you are then out of context.
    I am only talking about the 298 vs Artura Hp ! I never said or reference anything else.
    Now you want to wait for a 720 replacement to compare. Thats called a FIXED RACE.
    But hey if thats winning to you hope it makes you happy. This show down has been billed as a head to head for sometime even a chat with someone from a mac dealership 6 months back direct billed it as a head to head alot of the world media is billing it the same way. Thats what the pubic are seeing and hearing which is great PR for Ferrari as long as the paper mets the road.

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    No way it’s that much.

Senad, Senna1994 and pilotoCS like this.
  7. Dela

Dela Karting

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    D
    So much passion...i love it lol! Will you be getting the 296?

ScrappyB likes this.
  8. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think because the 296 has so much 250LM in the rear but the front doesn't really have any makes its lack cohesion. I also feel SP80c cues in the Cab/front which again doesn't fit as well with the classic 250LM lines. Still a nice looking car. I am sure face to face some of the elements will pull it more together. Pista well she is my #1 Ferrari love out of every other for at least the last 20 years masterclass.

day355 likes this.
  9. Dela

Dela Karting

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    D
    If this is true, as much as I was looking forward to this, I’ll rather go for a GT3 Touring. $330K base max for me or bust...

10. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My 2 cents. I am Ferrari guy through and through. Will not own another brand. I currently own a 458 and 488. I am not moved by this new design. Front is ok - rear I like except the tail lights - round or nothing for me. Can’t understand the sunglasses look. Looks like a teenager designed it. Side vents are terrible - did not like them on the 430 - still do not. Guess I will keep my money in my wallet for now. I was hoping for more.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Other than that crazy SUV high ride height and having crap sound I like the F8 but at first I had doubts over certain parts of the design. When I saw it in the flesh I was much more impressed with the design and I expect the same will apply to 296. That said when I saw SF90 in the flesh it was like WTF what has gone on here??!! Someone needs the sack - heads need to roll!! So seeing that car in the flesh only raised further questions. Other thing that blew me away was the total lack of storage space in the frunk and nothing behind the seats so basically the car is useless as a DD and even as a Ferrari man bag misses the mark badly. But I'm sure it drives well and goes fast if that helps. Pity about the rest of it though.

I wonder if 296 is plagued with the same lack of storage??? I can only hope not.

Melvok, Senad and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  12. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think the core of our disagreement is of the Artura and 295 being direct competitors. If the aforementioned $375k base price is true, there’s a $150k difference. Certainly not in the same segment despite having a similar powertrain configurations.

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    "Deliveries in 2022" means Europe in 2022 in Ferrari Speak. For the USA I don't expect to see one appear until the end of 2022 if someone flies it in or the beginning of 2023.

Dela likes this.
  14. Dela

Dela Karting

Aug 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    D
    hope that $375k price if true, is for the assetto fiorano variant

Senna1994, ScrappyB and crinoid like this.
  15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    That’s what I was thinking too. $325k base + $50k AF pack seems more ‘reasonable’.

SECRET, Senna1994, Dela and 1 other person like this.
  16. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Passion yes. I am a Kiwi and we have alot in common with our Italians brothers an sisters (Birth place of Mclaren and the Britten motorcycle, Americas Cup winning Team). But its not Blind passion. However I will say I do have a special place for Ferrari. I feel the 296 is a great step forward for Ferrari and hope its the start of much greater things. Due to many other commitments. I only have a few cars at a time. So I would personal prefer them to be V8s or V12s just something special about those and growning up around those. Plus we will see more V6s and less V8/V12s going forward. I loved growing up cars like the Daytona, 512BB, 288 GTO, F40 and F50 with a great love for the classics 250 GTO, 250 Testarossa, 250 LM etc

Dela likes this.
  17. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The most accurate post of the day.
    Another disappointment in the styling department, much like the SF90 and 812.

OldBoatShoes likes this.
  18. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Has anyone commented on all the cars don’t have that awesome shark fin on the roof that everyone hated on? I am sure that will be an exclusive US gem….. but if not then this really is a technical marvel as Ferrari finally found somewhere to ingrate it without being seen! Yep, glad I am on the list

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    It doesn't need any aero because the weight will hold it down :D

And yes I'd agree with your last statement 100%

Coincid, Gh21631 and MANDALAY like this.
  20. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    #3770 4re4ever, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    The shark fin is a 100K addon. Its their new anti theft device

Dadr likes this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Has the same battery and location. So nothing behind the seats. Maybe up front as it has no electric motors ?

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Keep hoping ! This looks like a Euro car. No shark fin and no side front and rear indicators that plague American cars

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Relatively lets look at this way.

Over here

Base SF90 $1,100,000
    Base F8 $530,000

This car is coming in at Pista price $750,000

There is now where in hell that the 296gGTB will be half the cost of a SF90.

IMO expect $350 k - $375 k USD and $50 k USD more for the AF

24. Natkingcolebasket69

There is one thing that kinda disappoints me though . It feels that Ferrari is already leaving room for a better version of it and I feel as a consumer they could have given me a better product but choose not to for marketing purposes.
    For instance : the front, we know that since the 488, pista and tributo that the s duct work.
    Now- I might be wrong and stupid - why revert back to a 458 kinda look? Either s duct isn’t needed or, as I feel, a special more agressive version will offer it.
    That’s my only disappointment really.
    Inside I think it looks good but I don’t know, it’s missing something, it seems a bit plain, but vanilla:
    Overall I’m Tempted but at the right price.

Senna1994 likes this.
  25. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    then how about 296 vs F8 or Pista? o_O :rolleyes: