812GTS 2021. Clock adjustments and start stop engine | FerrariChat

812GTS 2021. Clock adjustments and start stop engine

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Scott4503, Jun 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott4503

Scott4503 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    seattle
    Full Name:
    scott halliday
    #1 Scott4503, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    812GTS. 2021
    Two questions
    How the heck can you change the clock??
    And
    Is there a way to turn Off the engine turn off switch. Like when you’re at a standstill??

thank you. I appreciate any help

and why does Ferrari make the clocks soooo difficult to adjust??

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    LMAO. Yea it’s crazy. The clock adjustment is in the settings to the left of the steering wheel. It’s easy and annoying it’s not in the main screen….

The Lusso has a start/stop off switch in the controls by the rear view mirror/ interior lights….not sure how the 812 is…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

While there is no way that I am aware of to turn Start/Stop off permanently, you can press the button located on your dome light each time you start the car. It will stay that way ( off ) for the remainder of your trip!
    ( Unless you turn it back on again )

Steve

p.s. The button is the one with the " A " with an arrow circling it, with the word " off " underneath it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Scott4503

Scott4503 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    seattle
    Full Name:
    scott halliday
    so how to get the left screen to activate?

5. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    It’s in the settings, but you have to stop the car to activate the menu. You won’t see it when driving.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Clock setting:

If you can`t see the setup menu on the left because of automatically activated parking sensors - turn off the parking sensors by pressing the parking sensors button.

If there is still the speedo or something else seen on the left screen without the possibility to enter the setup menu - press the return button on the left side to go back to the main menu.

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Too funny. Had the clock off by an hour for several months until I figured it out last week. Good luck

8. Scott4503

Scott4503 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    seattle
    Full Name:
    scott halliday
    I’ll try it. What a yearly pain. No one can like this feature especially if you drive these a lot. Thank you all though!

9. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The start/stop bugs the hell out of me, hope someone can figure out a way to permanently disable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

R J and Gh21631 like this.
  10. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I wonder what the environmental impact is of having start/stop on Ferrari V12s per year.
    I’d guess it amounts to the amount of burgers sold at one McDonalds for one day per year.
    :)

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Scott4503

Scott4503 Rookie

Dec 1, 2014
    seattle
    Full Name:
    scott halliday
    Thanks everyone. Got er done! It’s still more complicated than it should be. But it’s a pretty great ride so I can survive

12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Did you manage to get permanently rid of the stop & start feature ?

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Finally got to drive my car, the start/stop thing sucks. It took me a while to find the dang button. I had to pull over and look around.

The most awful feature ever, all of my other cars do not require me to hold the button every time I get in.

Solid State and Thecadster like this.
  14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What I don’t understand is that I thought that the starting was what wears the engine the most. Maybe Pennzoil oversold that?

Gh21631 likes this.
  15. SecretSquirrari

SecretSquirrari Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    J
    Starting after the car has sat for a while, allowing the oil to drain to the bottom of the crankcase, is a time of maximum rate of wear. Some cars offset that by firing up an electric oil pump when the car door is opened or it has other reason to believe the car will be starting soon.

But restarting a warm engine that was running recently will not introduce significant wear on the engine. Whether or not the starter motor can handle the "abuse" depends on how they engineered and built it (which in turn depends on whether they thought most people would leave Auto Stop/Star on or would turn it off most or all of the time).

ryalex likes this.
  16. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Same thing here in my GTS . I hate this thing.

I also have the start/stop feature on my F12tdf but for an unknown (good) reason I turned it off once and that was it!

ryalex and Gh21631 like this.
  17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    If anyone finds a way to turn it off permanently, please share!

18. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    But any benefit cancelled by the car batteries that need to be replaced more frequently by those that actually utilise start stop rather than disable before setting off. Am not confident the battery will survive a full use of the start stop. The battery won’t even survive 9 days without being on constant trickle charger.

italiafan likes this.
  19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Access to the OBD port will likely provide this option. It should be a simple setting to change.

20. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think the one time setting on start stop was allowed in markets outside the US, but now those markets have moved to the the US rule which has always required the start stop to be designated at each drive. It’s annoying, but its also near he door lock button, in these cars- so for me its just part of the start up procedure.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

R J, RamsHmb, JackCongo and 1 other person like this.
  21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Yep…press starter for car, turnoff auto, next start stop off, and finally bumpy road mode. Sometimes I will forget a step but I remember it’s four steps and back track

R J, ryalex, italiafan and 1 other person like this.
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Any unnecessary engine wear on a V12 is significant to me. The worst concept ever conceived. Serves no benefit.

RamsHmb, R J, ryalex and 2 others like this.