Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 113 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Puggz

Puggz Rookie

Nov 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    Patrick Oliver
    i own a guards red 718 GT4 with the porche logo in matt black (hard to see). I've been asked several times if its a ferrari. Mind you, i live in an area that you may see 4-6 ferraris all summer :)
    ONe of the ladies my wife worked with said "oh, you drive the car with the rings"..lol. I never got the idea of putting a M badge on a regular BWM. Only the people that know what the M badge means know that you're a poser..lol

This never get old.

turbokraft and ryalex like this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Only highly modified BMW's deserve a Motorsport Roundel. :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Classic. My 911 is red over beige, so I have gotten that Q quite a few times. At the end of the day, the # of people who are really into cars is pretty small...T

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So true. As car people we sometimes assume everybody is up to speed. I don't blame someone if they think the prancing horse is a Mustang. Considering the other thread on here where people don't want family and friends to know they have a Ferrari, they probably want people to think they have a Mustang!

Gary Sandberg and tomc like this.
  5. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Last summer I pulled up to a red light. Kid in a Subaru leans out his window and with a giant smile on his face says “hey bro sweet bug!”

I burst out laughing and so did he. Honestly it made my night it was so funny!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Boots, G. Pepper and tomc like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What!?

She doesn't look a day over 35 in that pic...! You're a very lucky guy!

7. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Okay, had to go for some "shop fuel". I drove the 458 for fun. Two different guys asked me if the car was a McLaren.....

It has shields, a prancing horse on the rear....:confused:

I did politely tell them it was a Ferrari. One told me he wants a McLaren, the other said his buddy had a McLaren.

To each his own I guess.:rolleyes:

G. Pepper, Dolcevita and kes7u like this.
  8. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Two junior high kids were standing near my parked California, discussing it as I approached. I heard one tell the other that he thought it might be a new Mustang. I told them "Wrong horse" and left them to wonder.

On a related note, back in the '80s I used to have a Porsche Turbo 944 with a state-of-the-art radar detector. Since I was a military pilot my personalized license plate was STEALTH, which i thought was pretty cool until some bozo at a gas station asked me if it was the new Dodge.

NeuroBeaker and Gary Sandberg like this.
  9. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    So the other night at the fuel station, a couple late-20's dudes in their clapped-out S2000 with a giant wang on the back pulled-up to me and said "hey, you wanna go do a roll on the [new highway]?"
    I said "what's in it for me?"
    they looked confused, so I continued;
    "look guys, if I win, you'll say "well of course, you're in a Ferrari!"
    they said "aw, you won't win".
    to which I said "could be, but if I lose, you'll have it on youtube before I even get home, with the tagline "exotic owner OWNED by $hitBox Honda".

they didn't like the reference to their car..... but they consented I had a point.... hahahahaha

twcferrari, Julia, Wikdstrate and 5 others like this.
  10. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Under the funny/charming category:

I am currently shopping for a cheapie track car. Would love to get a rear-mid configuration to mirror my 308 so the list is short. Last weekend I attended a Fiero Club meeting just to learn a little bit about Fieros (talk about a car that gets no respect: they are kinda cool). Anyhoo ...

I parked my red 308 among all the gathered red Fieros. A friendly crowd. A few new arrivals walk up. "Oh cool. A Fiero Mera! (The 308 body kit Fiero.) I've never seen one before! It is beautiful!!! What great lines! Oh, wait, .. its a real Ferrari. Darn it."

Such dejection!

EnzoItaly, Julia, iMrMark and 9 others like this.
  11. Bill Phillips

Bill Phillips Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2019
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I love it when they figure it out for themselves, it makes them feel twice as bad ;)

12. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    tomc and JHNurse like this.
  13. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Have you thought about an X 1/9 for a track car? “Crazy” Al Cosentino developed a few of them to IMSA level. He wrote a few “books” on how to develop X 1/9s into great race cars. The Fiat 850 is also a great choice. Bayless Midwest sometimes has an X1/9 or an 850

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Both brilliant!!.......................if you're shorter than 5'5"!! :D

15. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I was in front of Neiman Marcus the other day in my Nero 812GTS waiting for my wife who was shoe shopping (yeah it was taking a while) when an older couple(70+) exited and the gentleman walks over and looks the car over and states: “ Hey they made this Ferrari look just like my new C8 Corvette!”
    He leans over a bit into the open cockpit and adds, “ Love the interior though!”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tomc and jm2 like this.
  16. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Had a fun exchange. I was driving my 1990 Pontiac Firefly and had just parked it ( the license plate frame reads "My other ride is a Ferrari". A woman looked at me, smiled and said, "Nice Ferrari". I laughed and did tell her I had three real ones at home. NO, I didn't ask for a phone number.

Gotta love people with a sense of humour.

17. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2021
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Ivan Drago
    I would have asked for your number. Speaking of… are you interested in married men?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    The best on - more arrogant one I got was from a Valet - at Pure Taqueria in Alpharetta Ga. I was with a friend of mine in my old 328, and it was just about 3:30 Pm we decide to go grab a late lunch - early happy hour on a Friday. so we pull in and they are setting up the Valet area, but he's not ready so I pull into the furthest spot, and we get out. Valet says I need your keys. I'm like you were not even here or ready. He says We start Valet at 3:30 on Fridays. I'm like its 3:27 ... We're only here for 30 min - and the parking lot was empty!

Valet says I have to move your car, I said its fine where its at. Valet says - "it's just a Ferrari no big deal". my response was:
    You're right its just a Ferrari, and its My Ferrari and you are not touching it. At that point, my friend was cranked up... I'm like don't get it heated, I go in and ask for the manager. explain what happened, he looks at the car, and says you are great where you are and buys a round of Margaritas. in 27 years of owning a Ferrari the is the rudest/arrogant - stupid comment I've had.

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well I've no doubt the valet was rude, but in his defense you parked in an area reserved for the valets to park cars. I know you said you would be 30 minutes (very fast lunch), but how many "30 minute" guys come out 3 hours later?

I agree with you that I would not have given him the keys, as an alternative you could have just moved it to the self park area. I always park my Ferraris myself in the valet area, but I pay the valet fee plus a nice tip to the valet to keep an eye on it. Easiest money he ever made. This way I don't park in the furthest spot but rather in the best spot. :D

20. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    I think he was being sarcastic but a guy I was driving by in my 458 the other day yelled “is that a Supra?”

little does he know I have an MKIV TT 6spd too :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

FrancisK, tantumaude and Andynyc like this.
  21. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    I 100% agree with you I wouldn’t give anyone the key to my Ferrari. I always parked my car myself. I tell the valet you point and I will park no need for the keys because your not moving it!

Nospinzone likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm someone who does not come from a country where valet parking is a thing, but here's my question. What is the issue of letting him park? Don't they have insurance? I mean, they drive your car 75 yards, park it and that's it. It's a car, not a tanker truck full of nitro glycerine.

Is valet joyriding common?

I'd be more than happy to stop at the entrance and not waste my time parking. Not sure I see the big deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ianjoub likes this.
  23. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes

Easy, "I'm sorry sir, that long scratch was on there when you gave me the keys"...Have a good night.

Wikdstrate likes this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Is that common with valets parking exotics?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    I can't answer if that's common with valets parking exotics, but I know for a fact, since it happened to my Mercedes in New Orleans being valet at the Sheraton on Canal St about 5 years ago. My vehicles are in pristine condition, valet takes it, new valet brings it back later, scratch (about 4 inches long) and minor dent on the door (absolutely from another car because of what it looked like). Let them know about it there. Took pictures identifying time and location and dent and scratch, the valet insurance company says "do you have pictures showing the scratch was not there before the valet took the car? Nope. Sorry sir, we cannot process a claim." Never let a valet touch my car again. But, that's me. I just didn't like it since it wasn't my daily driver beater.

Nospinzone likes this.