What's For Dinner? | Page 705 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pikes was actually fun when we visited a few years back. Original Starbucks is nearby. Enjoy yourself. I'd suggest Ivar's Salmon House in the UW area as I know how much you love fish!
    T

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Days and days ago, but they fulfilled promise - Bones were mostly fall-off while retrieving & meat was tender. Sauce reserved in freezer for another time.

Have been busy with work, though running on fumes, if you will. Yet free time is in pursuit of knowledge about something which interests me. This group of overachievers knows full well how that goes. No whining, mercy or pity. Only Gory Glory!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wax...I meant to ask, did you do those indoors or outdoors? Stove top, crock pot,...?

T

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, hey!

It was simply using 3 Sale-here-and-there ingredients I had duplicates of.

Idea was to make it so simple, dumb & easy a five-year-old can do it.

Stovetop - Standard large pot. Went with 2+ Setting for first hour, 1 Setting thereafter for 4.

Looooow (1) heat throughout can easily take place of Crockpot-while-you-work-or-play. Enough gas to not go out.

Didn't season, oil, brown or even remove membrane.

32 oz. (est. - "Lg." will suffice) Sweet Baby Ray's slowly dribbled over standup loose beef short chuck ribs in pot.
    44 oz. Pasta Sauce (emphasis was on onions, garlic, etc.) slowly dribbled around ribs.
    14.5 oz Beef Broth into each container to rinse & pour.
    Water to rinse & pour. Meat was completely covered by liquids, which were only slightly mixed.

Slightly offset vented lid to greatly reduce even a hint of overflow. We've all been there, done that.

By the time all bones had been removed, only small pockets of BBQ-Sauce-Only remained. As such, taste of Pasta Sauce was present on short ribs, but not overly so.

Though it didn't stop the world, there were no complaints about tenderness or don't-do-that-agains & in turn, freezing remaining sauce for another purpose was also endorsed.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

[/B]

Jdubbya and tomc like this.
  5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Taco salad again for me but I did grab a small bag of Rainier cherries at the store. Not really in my diet now but they only come out once a year about this time so I got some. They're like little candies I tell ya. So good.

6. beng

beng Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2006
    RSF, California
    Full Name:
    Benjamin Galdston
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Love Rainier cherries. Need to keep an eye out for them at the grocery store...T

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Third-rate sushi in Seattle. (It’s all we could muster/find…if you ask why…short answer is “there is still an intense pandemic here”…they haven’t gotten the latest news I guess)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
  10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I had the chowder and, I think ( it was years ago), the planked salmon. Everything was good as I recall, and nice views, at least at the one that I went to.

T

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I wasn't sure how widespread they were distributed. It's that time of year again though!!

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I can't recall where we've seen them. I want to say Costco, but I could be full of beans. I don't think Kroger has them. Regular cherries have been excellent this year...T

13. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Tried a new fried chicken place. Had fried chicken, fries with gravy and macaroni salad. Wasn't bad, wasn't great................

I knew Ivars wine guy. The wine guy sold his winery to Robert Mondavi wineries. We hired him as a consultant when we thought maybe making hard ciders was a good idea......................... He took me to an Ivars, thought the clam chowder was excellent.

14. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  15. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Found a Fatburger fairly close to my house. So yesterday got a bacon cheeseburger, onion rings and a beer.

Tonight was I needed to pee and the closest easiest place to do it was Arby's. Ended up eating there. Beef Gyro and curly fries. The fries pretty good this time.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So you had a gyro and fries with pees.

:D

wax and max930 like this.
  17. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  18. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    The Arby's was at around 4pm. After walking Bella this evening at 7:30pm, I got hungry again. Stopped at my favorite Japanese place and got some rolls. A scallop roll, with some spicy sauce on them. Philly rolls and plain boring California rolls.

19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Tonight making prime rib burgers. The pre-made patties from a CDN grocery store chain, their brand. Might do a Blizzard at DQ after.

20. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Yay!

Boo!

(wetting your pants *was* an option ya know!)

max930 likes this.
  21. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Back home and finally it’s time to kick off summer grilling. My “usual three” tonight (Costco prime rib cap for the beef)…

22. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    arizonaitalian and JOEV like this.
  23. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I have pork tenderloin for tonight. Cut the pork into medallions. Bread them and cook them in a mushroom sauce. Served over egg noodles.

wax, arizonaitalian and TexasF355F1 like this.
  24. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Oh, forgot step, need to fry them before finishing in the oven with the mushroom sauce.........................

25. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Little surf and turf. Different than I had planned but still pretty tasty. I was gonna do salmon but forgot to take any out of the freezer.

Was at Costco earlier today and found the pork belly. Cooked some of that up instead. Already had the mussels and scallops.

Pretty tasty. The mussels were pre-cooked as was the pork belly. Just heated up the mussels in the microwave believe it or not, and browned up the belly.

Seared off the scallops and added a bit of butter and a splash of cream at the end.

Easy peasy....coulda used a lemon squeezy..to be honest... but was still very tasty.