F355 Market | Page 269 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Yassa, MAD828, tres55 and 3 others like this.
  2. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Much want on that spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Cats Exotics wrapped 100k mi 355 sold?

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/showroom.cgi?mode=show&id=2427125&d_id=1317

Only 1 manual coupe left in the U.S market from my search. On Hemmings asking $160k. 35k mi. I looked everywhere.

Year to date, 7 have come on BAT/Pcar and three of them were from NC, which are cars that might not have come to market if the local tech did not unexpectedly pass away.

My guess moving forward, we’ll see them pop up on online auctions once every 2 months. Supply will appear strained. Paper handers have sold. Only diamond handers left. We go up from here :).

carnutdallas and Yassa like this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  6. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    ShineKen likes this.
  7. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    I talked to Roy about it the other day… if the car under the wrap wasn’t yellow I would have bought it. But yeah he sold it and I don’t think budged on the price.

ShineKen likes this.
  8. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    I was going to buy this car in Toronto before I bought mine, they wanted 109k cad and I wanted to pay 90k because of carfax and other issues. It was at Daytona auto and sold around mid January. Interesting to see what the current owner gets for it now.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Just curious what are sub 10k mile early 6-speed spiders worth in this current market? Assume normal color combination (red/tan, black/tan) and fully serviced. I don't track these cars as close as I should and there really aren't many like this readily available on the market...

Erik

10. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Teenferrarifan likes this.
  11. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Is it prudent for a buyer to pay a huge price premium for “ low mileage examples” ???

Because of the era of the technology, any backyard mechanic knows where the speed sensor is located.

I remember back in the day seeing cars at the local car shows with the speed sensor wire hanging off the transaxle.

MAD828 and Teenferrarifan like this.
  12. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yassa, ShineKen and Teenferrarifan like this.
  13. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Unless it is going to live in a glass case for the rest of its life, I wouldn't. After living with and sorting one, my top dollar would be going to the enjoyed yet well documented/maintained example. Low mileage at 20 some years means sitting and rotting. Parts aren't getting any easier to source. The exercised and loved is where it's at. When I look at my service history, some of the low mileage units haven't begun to scratch the surface of what is ahead if you plan to use it.

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    $54k to repair a rear end, but CarFax has clean title? Canadians have different rules or something :)? Fishy as hell. This car will bring down the market "averages."

Yassa and lukeb817 like this.
  15. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    When I look at the damage photos, it sure looks to me like there is red paint underneath the silver on that bumper cover….difficult to tell since it is a photo of a photo…I guess it might be paint transfer, but doesn’t look like it to me. Perhaps it was in another prior rear end collision that isn’t showing on Carfax and they installed a used Rosso Corsa bumper cover that was repainted to replace the original? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Brand new Ferrari OE bumpers are made with a red gel coat (surface skin coat). They are all made this way, so I believe that is what you are seeing underneath.

That rear bumper buckled in. That bumper is done. Best to simply buy a new one and work from there. Same goes for the rear grille. Should've put on a challenge rear grille and called it a day. Rear driver's quarter panel buckled. Hard to believe there's no frame damage on this one, but pics of the car with the bumper off (before repairs) would give more clarity.

Many years back, my Lexus was hit in the rear while I was at a stop light during a late night (black car). I thought it was just rear bumper damage at the time. Come day time to inspect the damage, I realize my rear quarter panels had buckled slightly creating a noticeable gap in fitment with the rear taillights. I reported all of that to his insurance. Took about $4k in damages and decided to just get a new rear bumper. Left the quarters alone. Would be a huge job to fix. I believe any damage over $2500 worth needs to be reported to Carfax. I know I had to. How $54k in repair work escaped a Carfax report beats me. How that was $54k in repair puzzles me just as much :).

Yassa likes this.
  17. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    All the fiberglass parts are red under the primer.

carnutdallas and ShineKen like this.
  18. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    You bet, all this era Ferraris are red. :)

19. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Makes sense, didn’t realize that. I should’ve researched a bit before hypothesizing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Paid out of pocket? Repair shops aren't required to report repair. Insurance is. Though I can;t see someone dropping $53k on a repair out of pocket.

Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Exactly. You get hit from behind... Regardless of who's at fault, I don't see anyone paying $54k out of pocket to have a clean Carfax. Or that is simply a bogus fabricated invoice if owner of the car knows the bodyshop.

Yassa likes this.
  23. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Billed over $6k for the rear bumper.

Another invoice (2014) shows significant engine work. Two liners, rod bearing, some valves and some guides.,... That car has seen it's share of problems.

Yassa, ShineKen and carnutdallas like this.