430 - Manually blip ping throttle with f1? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Manually blip ping throttle with f1?

Discussion in '360/430' started by carguy007, Jun 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spleen

Spleen Karting

Mar 2, 2021
    UK, West Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Spleen
    I don’t find it clunky at all and I don’t drive a 355. Nice second guess about a Ferrari technician’s prowess with older Ferraris though, I’m impressed.

2. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Interesting thread. My Ferrari is manual so I'm well versed with heel/toe rev matching. I did try this for a while with mixed results in my old 360F1. But soon gave up. Even with the standard TCU in sport the rev matching was pretty good. With the CS TCU the rev matching on down shifts was noticeably more aggressive.

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    The term Ferrari Tech is thrown around loosely. I’m sure you have a good one and I wish you luck.

the 355 can be clunky without using this technique. My CS is much better and more similar to your 430. I actually forgot this was about the 430.

4. Spleen

Spleen Karting

Mar 2, 2021
    UK, West Berkshire
    Full Name:
    Spleen
    Eh? The bloke I discussed my F430 with at Dick Lovett Ferrari was a Ferrari technician and has been one for 15 years. Not just some random punter they dragged off the street, stuck a pair of overalls on suddenly called him a Ferrari technician.

I've got no particular dog in this downshift fight but you seem hell bent on being right and everyone else, including Ferrari trained people, being wrong (or mislabelled). You've found a way to enjoy your car, good for you but that doesn't make everyone else wrong.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I also find it interesting how amazing one's reflexes must be to create that throttle blip after pulling the paddle and in time to get a rev match before the gear engages about 100ms later. And to do it consistently, VERY impressive.

Penzinger, RedTaxi and Spleen like this.
  6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You make a lot of assumptions, including that your right. I have never had any "clunkiness". From day one in 2006 from 2 of the best mechanics and the owners manual it was never recommended to blip the throttle to try and help the F1 system.
    I am sincere when I say, I'm glad you enjoy doing it, everyone should enjoy their car.

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    All I can say is it works and I’m now moving on....the OP asked for input on the subject and I gave info based on my experience and what I know is possible with these older F1 systems.

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Comparing an F355 that cannot match revs well because it has no digital throttle to any Ferrari in a mode that can is kind of silly. Clunkiness in F1 shifting is usually lack of owner expertise in Motronic 7 series Ferraris.

MAD828 likes this.
  9. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    I have the CS TCU, And I still manually blip on downshifts at slow speed in the first 4 gears. It makes the downshift so much smoother, I learned to do it from another 360 owner who has over 60,000 miles on the original clutch. There’s a bunch of debate whether it’s valuable or not, but if somebody has Image Unavailable, Please Login 60,000 on the original clutch, he might be worth listening too. The TCU, combined with the Capristo stage three, and the cat delete Produce one hell of a sound on downshift!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app