Maserati Mistral water pump pulley | FerrariChat

Maserati Mistral water pump pulley

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by emsiegel13, Jul 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    I have a 1967 Mistral 4000. Can anyone give me information on the Maserati Mistral water pump pulley? I have everything off of my 1967 Mistral engine and the time has come to restore it. I've been looking through the parts and matching them up to the parts book. However, looking in the parts book, I can't seem to find a water pump pulley listed. I see the pulley for the fan which has the magnetic clutch arrangement but I'm confused as to whether that is also the water pump pulley. Also, when looking at the parts book I seem to have a different arrangement for the the water pipes. I have Table # 5, Figure # 58 but I have a pipe that has a flange on that matches the flange where Table # 5, Figure # 57 is shown in the parts book. Did Maserati change the cooling pipe arrangement from what is shown in the parts book with later cars? Hopefully someone can give me information and perhaps some picture showing the front of the engine with all the hoses, connections, belts and parts clearly visible.

2. Dosombres

Dosombres Rookie

Apr 16, 2011
    Mannheim
    Hello , look on my Content, there are Pictures of it.

3. emsiegel13

Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Where is your Content located? I certainly want to get a better idea of the entire front pulley setup.

4. emsiegel13

Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Dosombres,
    I found the Content and I see where the pulley and the magnetic clutch are located. I just need to find the pulley and the clutch and then I can begin to move on. The pictures are quite clear and I really appreciate you taking th time to direct me to all the documentation of the work you did on you Mistral. Thank you so much.